Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 364804 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #1545 on: December 15, 2018, 05:40:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Personally I find many of the rah-rah, pro-Celtic posts to be insipid and don't feel the need to contribute.

Think about what you're saying for a second. This is a Celtics forum, so to think you wouldn't get pro-Celtic posts is fascinating. That would be akin to expecting pro-liberal discussion on a right wing forum. If anything, I think it's odd that certain members spend so much time talking about the Sixers on a C-E-L-T-I-C-S forum.

I'm not even for 100% pro-Celtics talk. I like to be objective, but objectivity is a 2 way street. You can't find everything wrong with the C's, while thinking it's always sunny in Philly regardless of topic (Simmons' shot, Fultz' brain, Embiid's mouth, etc.).
I said I didn't feel the need (or have the desire) to participate in rah-rah posts not that I didn't expect them.  You aren't objective.  Its just that your green colored goggles are so thick and non-removable that you can't tell the difference.  You resort to name calling and mischaracterizations of peoples' posts.  Why don't you review your Sixers posts and see how many don't take a negative slant. 

You won't find that many negative Celtics posts from me unless you take contrarian Sixers posts as Celtics bashing.  Our ownership and GM are at the top of the league.  Okay I did some Ainge bashing about trading up to take Olynyk rather Giannis but I also bashed Hinkie for taking MCW over Giannis too.  Now if Ainge had missed out on Williams by not trading up a few spots I would have been p---ed.   

You will find some negative Sixers posts from me.  Plenty of my posts called the Colangelos snakes.  Simmons' shot (or really his lack of shooting) is awful and mind boggling.  That doesn't mean that he doesn't have a lot of talent.  The question in my mind is does he have the drive and will he put in the effort to be great.  The Fultz situation is strange and certainly not good but that doesn't mean that there is no chance for it to improve.  Now Embiid is great on court and off.  He trash talks all the time not just when things are going well.  That may p--- off players like Drummond and Whiteside but KD and Green respect/enjoy it.  I'm not really into social media but Embiid's presence is top notch.  About the only thing I don't like about Embiid is that I don't think he'll ever be a Celtic. 

« Reply #1546 on: December 15, 2018, 05:42:27 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Why do you guys think you are still obsessed with Philly... and not the raptors, bucks, warriors, any any other team that stands a decent shot of eliminating the Celtics in the playoffs?  The pacers are playing great... why no dedicated Pacers thread?

Because Fultz was many guys draft blinkie and rather than admit they were wrong, they want him to prove them right.  So you have guys who are Celtics fans that Fultz was their guy secretly rooting for him to turn the corner.

We don’t have any dedicated pacers supporters that are regular posters here so there are no disagreements. If someone says the pacers are playing great a few people say yeah I agree and the thread dies out. Then you add in the fact that we had a great trade with them recently and there is a lot of interest.

But we do have Fultz guys here and guys who root for Lebron, here in droves.

I hate Philly, don't like the team or the town.  They are a few notches under the Lakers to me, but then I hate any team not the Celtics in the NBA.

We beat them without our stars with a depleted team.   That ought to speak volumes, about their threat level to us.   They have a lot of good players who are not modern NBA players.  Some of them can't shoot, etc.

« Reply #1547 on: December 15, 2018, 08:33:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Why do you guys think you are still obsessed with Philly... and not the raptors, bucks, warriors, any any other team that stands a decent shot of eliminating the Celtics in the playoffs?  The pacers are playing great... why no dedicated Pacers thread?

We don’t have any dedicated pacers supporters that are regular posters here so there are no disagreements. If someone says the pacers are playing great a few people say yeah I agree and the thread dies out. Then you add in the fact that we had a great trade with them recently and there is a lot of interest.

I will say the fultz story is so weird we would probably be interested in it even if we didn’t do the trade and he played for the clippers
Interesting.  We've had lots of great trades.  I don't see a thread dedicated to us owning the Cavs or a thread dedicated to us owning the Nets.  This forum's obsession with Philly is puzzling.

I use to comment on it... funny that people thought I was the driving force behind it and ya'll are still going strong 100+ pages later even with me rarely posting on Celticsblog.  Lol

« Reply #1548 on: December 15, 2018, 08:35:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
i truly have no idea why this thread exists.

« Reply #1549 on: December 15, 2018, 08:43:38 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Wrong thread.

« Reply #1550 on: December 15, 2018, 08:44:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
It may have made sense 2-3 years ago when people there was great debate about whether "the process" would result in a winner and whether Joel Embiid was the next Greg Oden.  There were separate threads being made on a daily basis.  Any little article about Embiid or Philly would be shared by some of the people here. 

But that should have all ended last season when the process was proven successful.  Embiid is an MVP candidate.  Philly won 50+ games.  They have 3 all-stars - maybe a 4th this Summer.  No point talking about it anymore.  Game over.

« Reply #1551 on: December 15, 2018, 09:04:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
It may have made sense 2-3 years ago when people there was great debate about whether "the process" would result in a winner and whether Joel Embiid was the next Greg Oden.  There were separate threads being made on a daily basis.  Any little article about Embiid or Philly would be shared by some of the people here. 

But that should have all ended last season when the process was proven successful.  Embiid is an MVP candidate.  Philly won 50+ games.  They have 3 all-stars - maybe a 4th this Summer.  No point talking about it anymore.  Game over.

Two all stars old sport

« Reply #1552 on: December 15, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This wasn't always one thread. It is the merger of about 7-10 threads. I know. I merged most of them. Had to clean up given the amount of different subjects about Philly over the last couple years.

« Reply #1553 on: December 15, 2018, 09:28:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
This wasn't always one thread. It is the merger of about 7-10 threads. I know. I merged most of them. Had to clean up given the amount of different subjects about Philly over the last couple years.

In my opinion you were doing the lords work

« Reply #1554 on: December 15, 2018, 09:30:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
CAN WE JUST LOCK IT ALREADY?.. There is a sort of stalking element when you have a thread of over 100 pages dedicated to a rival.

« Reply #1555 on: December 15, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
CAN WE JUST LOCK IT ALREADY?.. There is a sort of stalking element when you have a thread of over 100 pages dedicated to a rival.
Sorry. It's an active thread and one that will have more Philly threads merged into it. There's more than a couple of Markelle Fultz threads that are going to be merged into it at some point.

« Reply #1556 on: December 15, 2018, 09:37:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Lock her up!

« Reply #1557 on: December 15, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Sorry. It's an active thread and one that will have more Philly threads merged into it. There's more than a couple of Markelle Fultz threads that are going to be merged into it at some point.

Oh okay.... can we rename it the Philly Stalking Thread?

« Reply #1558 on: December 15, 2018, 11:12:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Oh okay.... can we rename it the Philly Stalking Thread?
I can live with that.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1559 on: December 15, 2018, 11:58:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Lock her up!
Lock it.  People abandoned Celticsblog over the great Philly tanking debates. Friendships were ruined over this.  I haven't had MBung over for dinner in 3 years.  Eddie sends me a lump of coal every Christmas with a note that says, "it's your fault the process worked"...  It's time to let it go.  They are a 3 star beast now.  It worked.  Embiid ended up a superstar.  Gotta just see them as one of the multiple threats to steal the East from us this year along with the Bucks, Raptors and Pacers.