Author Topic: Bring Will Solomon back  (Read 31859 times)

Re: Bring Will Solomon back
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
They say Time Heals All Wounds not this one. I miss will :'(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:47:24 PM by Change »

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186

I just finished dinner....or should I say, I just sat at the table looking at my dinner, moving food from one side of the plate to the other.  I just don't feel like eating tonight.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 06:50:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I just finished dinner....or should I say, I just sat at the table looking at my dinner, moving food from one side of the plate to the other.  I just don't feel like eating tonight.

I know what you mean...all I've been able to muster up the energy for is sit in the dark watching muted infomercials while drinking a cocktail of half white zinfandel and half tears of loss.  They won't treat him right in Sacramento; they don't understand him the way we do. 

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 07:00:52 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
i was dyin' today. i have'nt had access to rumors all day. nobody likes basketball where i work. only red sox talk. funny thread but to be honest when my dad said they traded for a guy solomon i said "no way!" i actually think he's gonna be a really good player. am i crazy?

Somebody please email Cornbreadsmart and tell him the news.  I just can't muster the strength.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I just went for a walk, didn't mean to, but I ended up by Will's old place, and I... I couldn't help but look up to see if the lights were on. I knew they wouldn't be, but I had to look, it wasn't the darkness, it was the absence of light that got to me. Next thing I knew I was going to all our old places, the park where we first met, the ice cream parlor, that little coffee shop that was our special place. Every time the door opened I kept looking up, hopeful, only to have my heart ripped from me yet again.

After about an hour of sitting around, hoping against hope, I realized Will was gone. I decided to get some air, walked down the old train tracks, kicking pebbles, sipping cheap whiskey from my paper bag wrapped bottle. When I heard that familiar sound of a Train coming my way, I stood there frozen not sure what to do without Will. Thoughts swirled through my mind, dark things, things I never thought possible. But no, this isn't what Will would want, Will always saw the best in people, things, he would want me to be strong. So I moved, I had to, it's what Will would have wanted, it's all he would have settled for. He was right, I knew he was.

I wandered for a while longer, before staggering home to watch the shell of the Celtics, it wouldn't be the same. Sure the team was still there, but was it? How could they forget him so quickly, how could they move on? Why can't I?

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I'm TPing this whole thread... you guys are the freakin' best. Im dying laughing at this stuff
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 07:52:44 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
I just went for a walk, didn't mean to, but I ended up by Will's old place, and I... I couldn't help but look up to see if the lights were on. I knew they wouldn't be, but I had to look, it wasn't the darkness, it was the absence of light that got to me. Next thing I knew I was going to all our old places, the park where we first met, the ice cream parlor, that little coffee shop that was our special place. Every time the door opened I kept looking up, hopeful, only to have my heart ripped from me yet again.

After about an hour of sitting around, hoping against hope, I realized Will was gone. I decided to get some air, walked down the old train tracks, kicking pebbles, sipping cheap whiskey from my paper bag wrapped bottle. When I heard that familiar sound of a Train coming my way, I stood there frozen not sure what to do without Will. Thoughts swirled through my mind, dark things, things I never thought possible. But no, this isn't what Will would want, Will always saw the best in people, things, he would want me to be strong. So I moved, I had to, it's what Will would have wanted, it's all he would have settled for. He was right, I knew he was.

I wandered for a while longer, before staggering home to watch the shell of the Celtics, it wouldn't be the same. Sure the team was still there, but was it? How could they forget him so quickly, how could they move on? Why can't I?

Please don't drink tonight. Please don't.  Remember what you were like when they released Brandon Hunter?

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen

Please don't drink tonight. Please don't.  Remember what you were like when they released Brandon Hunter?

That's right, bring up Brandon, open that wound up, Brandon was nothing compared to Will, Will was special... Will was different.

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 07:58:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I'm TPing this whole thread... you guys are the freakin' best. Im dying laughing at this stuff

Haha, yeah, this has been my favorite thread in a long time.  But I'm turning over a new leaf.  Instead of mourning the loss of Will, I'm gonna celebrate the time we had together.  Will...would've wanted it that way. <sniff>  :'(

Oh yeah and if anyone reading this actually knows the guy or someone who knows him, please make him read this thread - it's the only way this could get funnier.

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 07:59:31 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
It's 8 PM, time for me to put the kids to bed.  I have been dreading this since I heard the news.  My 6 year old daughter is going to want me to tell her her favorite bed time story about the kid from Hartford who went to Clemson and fought his way through Europe so he could eventually play for his beloved Celtics.  

This is indeed the definition of hell.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
 ???

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 08:03:59 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
It's 8 PM, time for me to put the kids to bed.  I have been dreading this since I heard the news.  My 6 year old daughter is going to want me to tell her her favorite bed time story about the kid from Hartford who went to Clemson and fought his way through Europe so he could eventually play for his beloved Celtics.  

Hell will be tomorrow morning, when you realize it wasn't a dream and Will really is gone.

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
???

Don't ask... Just read the thread from the beginning... And if possible, play Boyz II Men "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye to Yesterday" like suggested in the thread

goodnight sweet prince  ;D
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

(This is totally ripping off Simmons, but oh well)

You know what's gonna hurt the most?  What's gonna hurt the most isn't when she asks, over and over again with tears in her eyes, "Where's Will, Daddy?  Why did they send Will away?  Daddy, did they trade back for Will today?"  It's when she stops asking that kills you. It's when she stops.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:20:01 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
At least your kids knew Will, how do I explain to my future kids just how special Will was, how?