Author Topic: Kevin Love and what he thinks of the Celtics  (Read 2851 times)

Kevin Love and what he thinks of the Celtics
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
On meeting with Rondo at Fenway Park: “Like he said, it was all of 38 seconds or whatever the number he put on there. I saw him over the summer a couple times and said hello, but it was just in passing. He’s been great. I thought he was going to be out a little more with his hand, but he’s been able to come back and make a big presence known.

Was he surprised the trip to Boston got so much attention? “Oh sure. It’s the world we live in now though, stuff like that can happen. The fact is, my agent is a big Red Sox fan. We had been planning on that trip a long time to check out, not only the city, but a Red Sox game. We had a great time and we plan on coming back.”

Did he seriously considering joining the Celtics? “I don’t know. It’s tough because I wasn’t a free agent last summer. [I have the] potential to be a free agent this summer or next. It’s one of those things. It’s a tremendous city. People love it here. Basketball and sports in general are huge here."

On rumors he's considering opting out of his contract to join the Lakers next summer: “Going to the Lakers, no. I don’t know where someone got that.”  :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On what he thinks of the Celtics rebuild thus far: “I think Brad Stevens is an awesome coach. He has guys on this team that are talented. I like [Kelly] Olynyk’s game, [Jared] Sullinger, Jeff Green, I’ve always been a big fan of Rondo as well. They have good guy
on this team and they are going to be able to figure it out as they accumulate more talent. Like I said, I’m a big fan of Brad Stevens and what they do here, plus they have a great fanbase.”

____

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/11/kevin_love_dishes_on_his_summer_fling_with_celtics.html?camp=twit:celtics&SREF=Optin&dlvrit=834396
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Kevin Love and what he thinks of the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 02:51:28 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yeah I'm sure Kevin Love has no idea where the Lakers rumors came from.  ::)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
He shoudn't have done that to us if he wasn't planning to come to Boston (which part of me still doubt).  He should've refuted the rumors at the time instead of making us guess and getting our hopes up for nothing. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 03:23:50 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
He was planning on going to whichever team looked like it could field a contender, whether that would have been Boston, Golden State, or as it turned out, Cleveland.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
He shoudn't have done that to us if he wasn't planning to come to Boston (which part of me still doubt).  He should've refuted the rumors at the time instead of making us guess and getting our hopes up for nothing. 

Exactly!! And how come all the hot girls always go out with jerks?!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102

Seems to me he was open to Boston, but he wasn't a free agent so it was out of his control. Plus, at that time, the LeBron in Cleveland option didn't exist. Boston had a cup of coffee as the most likely trade destination for Love. It's not really his fault it didn't happen and I'm sure he's happy the way it's turned out.

He gets to play a side role in the LeBron coming home saga.

He'll be in Boston in less than a year (wink!)

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 05:17:58 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Seems to me he was open to Boston, but he wasn't a free agent so it was out of his control. Plus, at that time, the LeBron in Cleveland option didn't exist. Boston had a cup of coffee as the most likely trade destination for Love. It's not really his fault it didn't happen and I'm sure he's happy the way it's turned out.

He gets to play a side role in the LeBron coming home saga.

He'll be in Boston in less than a year (wink!)

He could have made it known he wouldn't re-sign with anyone but the C's if that's what he really wanted, but I don't think it was in any way clear at that time that Cleveland would be the high bidder anyway.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I still think the T-wolves had told him to go visit Boston because they were all but set to trade him here.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Why?  Kevin Love owes you nothing. Boston was a possibility via trade so he came and visited.  So what?

Beyond that, I sort of guessed he wouldn't end up in Boston. It's important to make your own interpretation of the situation rather than expect the player or the agent to spoon-feed you the real answer. They have to hold their cards close to the chest. 

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 05:32:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

LIFE IS SO UNFAIR
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

So according to this theory you must be swimming in hot girls.  ;)

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 05:45:02 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

So according to this theory you must be swimming in hot girls.  ;)

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Love is just a big tease .

Remember what Nazareth said.   "LOVE HURTS"

;)

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 07:28:56 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
i think he was serious. I think he really enjoyed the city of Boston.
He is still listed as a free agent now.
I thought he signed long term with them.
You never know...