Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 200047 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #900 on: January 12, 2018, 12:15:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Do you guys think Cleveland will trade the Nets pick to try and upgrade a position? You know LeBron will want them to lol

not a chance ...totally believe they know they can't beat GS .....and James won't stay unless he wins another title .     Keeping the pick , is the smart move .  Your probably loosing James anyway .  James and his wife already upgraded their home and shopped for a new High School for the boys .  Just waitng on GS to sweep them .  The moving vans will be at James home day after GS sweep.

« Reply #901 on: January 12, 2018, 04:05:07 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Do you guys think Cleveland will trade the Nets pick to try and upgrade a position? You know LeBron will want them to lol

not a chance ...totally believe they know they can't beat GS .....and James won't stay unless he wins another title .     Keeping the pick , is the smart move .  Your probably loosing James anyway .  James and his wife already upgraded their home and shopped for a new High School for the boys .  Just waitng on GS to sweep them .  The moving vans will be at James home day after GS sweep.

I’m honestly not sure they make it out of the East anymore.

They may have to do it on the road for two of the series. Do you really like their odds of beating Toronto then Boston without HCA against either?

I know LeBron is LeBron and IT will shake the rust, but their defense is atrocious. Both of their stars need the ball. Their role players are washed up. Their coach doesn’t have them buying in.

If Celtics get GH back before April rolls around, I think they should (and would) be favored.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #902 on: January 12, 2018, 08:15:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I’m honestly not sure they make it out of the East anymore.

They may have to do it on the road for two of the series. Do you really like their odds of beating Toronto then Boston without HCA against either?

I know LeBron is LeBron and IT will shake the rust, but their defense is atrocious. Both of their stars need the ball. Their role players are washed up. Their coach doesn’t have them buying in.

If Celtics get GH back before April rolls around, I think they should (and would) be favored.
Objectively (if that's possible), I favor the C's even w/o GH.

« Reply #903 on: January 12, 2018, 09:27:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So after getting blown out their last two games, the Cavaliers are about to blow a big lead today to the Indiana Pacers  ;D

And their next game is against the Warriors. Could get ugly if they can't figure it out now.

UPDATE: Comeback complete! Pacers win 97-95.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #904 on: January 12, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Cavs blew a 22 point lead ;D

« Reply #905 on: January 12, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Cavs lose again - third loss in a row and the eighth loss in their last eleven games.

But, guys, don't worry. The Cavs are fine, because they always do this in the middle of the season.

« Reply #906 on: January 12, 2018, 09:33:31 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Cavs lose again - third loss in a row and the eighth loss in their last eleven games.

But, guys, don't worry. The Cavs are fine, because they always do this in the middle of the season.

Even cowherd is struggling to spin this cavs team in a positive light. His lebron worship will never wane.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #907 on: January 12, 2018, 09:36:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

the whole ”cavs only care about playoff” theory is ridiculous. It assumes that Father Time doesn’t exist also. It’ll be funny if the Cavs go to 7th or 8th seed. Or dare I say it... miss the playoffs. One losing streak  and they’ll be in that discussion

« Reply #908 on: January 12, 2018, 09:43:29 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

the whole ”cavs only care about playoff” theory is ridiculous. It assumes that Father Time doesn’t exist also. It’ll be funny if the Cavs go to 7th or 8th seed. Or dare I say it... miss the playoffs. One losing streak  and they’ll be in that discussion

We kinda have to give James the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't dominated the East for most of the decade for no reason, and IT still isn't back 100%. As much as I'd love to say "this is for real", he's stormed through the East too many times for me to think he and his team won't pick it up once the playoffs come round.

« Reply #909 on: January 12, 2018, 09:47:51 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Spencer freaking Dinwiddie!!

« Reply #910 on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
You have to feel bad for Kevin Love though. I agree his defense hasn't been great either, BUT the guy is practically a walking double-double and has been fairly consistent in his entire time in Cleveland. Even today, the guy had 21 points on 8-14 shooting, and 9 rebounds. And with Isaiah out, Love played a HUGE part in that winning stretch the Cavaliers had to keep them Top-3 in the East at the moment.

BUT he's always the scapegoat it seems when they fail and is ALWAYS in trade talks for other star players (especially this past summer). Kind of sad.

Now obviously I hate when he kills us in games and hope he does BAD when he plays us, but man is Kevin Love underappreciated over in Cleveland.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #911 on: January 12, 2018, 09:50:08 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
This is the third game I've seen Acy dribble and turn it over at the worst time.

Edit: Brooklyn Wins!!

« Reply #912 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
You have to feel bad for Kevin Love though. I agree his defense hasn't been great either, BUT the guy is practically a walking double-double and has been fairly consistent in his entire time in Cleveland. Even today, the guy had 21 points on 8-14 shooting, and 9 rebounds. And with Isaiah out, Love played a HUGE part in that winning stretch the Cavaliers had to keep them Top-3 in the East at the moment.

BUT he's always the scapegoat it seems when they fail and is ALWAYS in trade talks for other star players (especially this past summer). Kind of sad.

Now obviously I hate when he kills us in games and hope he does BAD when he plays us, but man is Kevin Love underappreciated over in Cleveland.

Pretty much similar situation to Chris Bosh with Miami.

« Reply #913 on: January 12, 2018, 10:13:26 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Why is Middleton guarding KD when Giannis is on the court?

« Reply #914 on: January 12, 2018, 10:55:30 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Holy Crap do I despise watching the Rockets.