Author Topic: Fire Ainge Now (Today)  (Read 11110 times)

Re: Fire Ainge Now (Today)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I mean, I can see why people would be mad but I'll give him one more season.

If we are the 7th seed again this year, get swept, AND The Nets dont give us a good pick this year than I will call for his firing. Being stuck in treadmill-ville is a waste of years time. Just suck it up, tank for like 3 or 4 years like the 76ers and get great players.

We can't attract top-25 free agents, and our assets are not that great. If the Nets dont give us lotto picks than our first rounders are worthless. If you are expecting the Celtics to find the next Paul Pierce drafting at 15 every year than you might have to wait a decade or two. Sorry Rozier...

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I assume the OP is a sports Poe. No one could really parse the world that way, could they?

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Here it is, the official fire Ainge thread. There have been others, of course... but the time is now.

Not only is he ruining this franchise, we have no reason to believe that he isn't doing this purposefully. That's right... no one mentions this, but it's the elephant in the room: Danny wants us to fail, because he's a failure, and he wants to bring us down with him!!!

This is a sick man. And while we ought not to judge, it is hard to believe Ainge does not drink to get drunk. That is my hypothesis as to the issue here... Ainge cannot get off the sauce, and he's drowning us with his **** sorrows!

FIRE THIS MAN!!!! GET OUT!!! SICK PUPPY.

Like right this second?

Before the minute is up, brother. Else we have waited to long!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 05:25:17 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Why because you disagree with what he's doing?  This is the issue with fans like this and why Ainge should most definately not be fired.

I like what he's doing. Makes perfect sense to me.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 05:26:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Ainge wants to dance but others dont want to, what is it exactly you want him to do??

We are not bringing back bass, and replaced him with a guy that can actually rebound and block shots.

Ainge will make this team better via trade. There is not much other choice

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 05:27:22 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2535
Spoiler alert: I was being facetious. My jokes must suck horribly, though :P

You know --- I was thinking MAYBE he's joking...   Sorry about my response, I should have known and thanks for revealing the truth, I feel better now!

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 05:27:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
I assume the OP is a sports Poe. No one could really parse the world that way, could they?

This is really funny, actually, because I have a couple words of a quote by Poe tattooed on my wrist.

Anyway, I AM JOKING PEOPLE!!! :P

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If Ainge wants to dance but others dont want to, what is it exactly you want him to do??

I love Danny.  This offseason is setting up to be a massive failure.  If the heresay has an element of truth to it and teams are freezing out Ainge... fine.  But to also strike out on free agency?  That's problematic.  This puts us in a rough spot.  Maybe we need to fire Danny and hire ML Carr so teams will consider dealing with us again. 

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

We are not bringing back bass, and replaced him with a guy that can actually rebound and block shots.

Ainge will make this team better via trade. There is not much other choice

Not promising "FIREWORKS!!!" and "BIG MOVES" every year would be a start. And other teams typically dont want to trade their diamonds for our pile of very shiny rocks.

Ainge: "Pssst hey ill give you 4 really late first round picks and smart for the number 3 overall pick!"

Every Other GM: Lol no thanks dude

Ainge: But I'm giving you FOUR first rounders and an undersized guard who cannot shoot how do you not see this crazy value I'm giving you!!!

Every other GM: *Hangs up*

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Spoiler alert: I was being facetious. My jokes must suck horribly, though :P

You know --- I was thinking MAYBE he's joking...   Sorry about my response, I should have known and thanks for revealing the truth, I feel better now!

Lol. That's okay, poor attempt at humor.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 05:35:18 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

This is really funny, actually, because I have a couple words of a quote by Poe tattooed on my wrist.

It was pretty over the top with the claims that Ainge is doing it on purpose. That tipped me off.

I think so many people are comfortable assuming people saying ridiculous things are just idiots (or trolls) because we see it so often. Still, I start with the assumption the person isn't an idiot and try to figure out if it was meant to be a joke.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 05:37:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

It was pretty over the top with the claims that Ainge is doing it on purpose. That tipped me off.

I think so many people are comfortable assuming people saying ridiculous things are just idiots (or trolls) because we see it so often. Still, I start with the assumption the person isn't an idiot and try to figure out if it was meant to be a joke.

I expected that being the elephant in the room, and he drinking to get drunk, could be tips. I was planning this for several months.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 05:38:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I thought it was funny.  ;D

This thread is pretty revealing: many posters, it seems, read the headline rather than the actual post. Good to know.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 05:39:24 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I read the post.  Why even post such things?

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
this probably has to do with the Amir singing. Yeah 12 mill is a bit steep, but he's also now an expiring contract were the second year is not guarantied. Match that with Wallace, thats 22 mill that can go out that teams would now have free next summer.

OR thats 22 mill, along with Jerebko's 5, so thats an additional 27 for us to have free next summer.

Amir can be traded in 3 months. So probably the beginning of training camp. Which means the DA can move him to an other team say a SAC for Cousisns who's contract match's pretty well.

Are we trading Amir for Cousins? 99% chance of NO. BUT this does make it so we can be in the mix and have players that can get moved for a deal like this much easier than trying to move 3 rookie contracts and MLE players for one guy.

So if Cousins say's he wants out DA now has an expiring that doesn't hurt us to loose in his pocket. Add Picks and a young player, not to many teams can match that with out giving up something of high value.