Author Topic: Bucks (25-38) at Celtics (46-17) 3/13  (Read 40106 times)

Re: Bucks (25-38) at Celtics (46-17) 3/13
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I thought he played a poor game, regardless. He was a little better on defense (still not very good), and was a bad floor general again.

What was wrong with his defense?

In my opinion, Rondo did not match the other starters defensive intensity. Rondo also didn't really contest a lot of shots out there. Most of the night, he helped too much, and conceded open jump shots. The Bucks missed a lot, and Rondo's man missed a lot, but I thought it had little to do with Rondo's defense. I thought he was more active than he had been in the past couple games, though. I've just been unimpressed with his effort level for a long time now.

I've just learned that some fans will never be happy with Rondo's performance. Brandon Jennings only took 8 shots all night, and made just 3 of them - a lot of that was due to Rondo's ball denial.

And anytime a starting point guard only has 1 turnover (against 3 steals, at that) I'll be happy.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Another poor performance from Rondo. That kid's head just isn't in it.

Weren't you the one who said that stats don't show everything?

He missed a few "bunnies" but overall he was very active on defense, dictated the pace pretty well, and took care of the ball. Far from a poor performance imo.

His stats were definitely poor, but I'm not judging his performance on stats. I thought he played a poor game, regardless. He was a little better on defense (still not very good), and was a bad floor general again. He passed up a couple open layups, and made an awful unforced passing turnover. He played better than he had the past couple of games, but he's still playing far from good ball.

Agree to disagree on his defense I guess...I saw a Rondo who was denying Jennings the ball many times and as a result he only took 8 shots (and only made 3). If there was anything to criticize Rondo in this game, defense was not one of them.

Also don't get why you're harping on the *one* turnover he had. It's not like it was happening all game.

Like RJ87 said, I just think some fans will never be happy with Rondo.

« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2011, 10:17:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Obviously all Rondo and Krstic's fault as always. 

We won by 31 and held the Bucks to a scoring low franchise record.  Give it a break guys. 

Some decent play from the bench allowed our starters to rest and that will help us down the stretch.  I just hope the bench keeps improving, Davis seemed to add some pop to it.

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Thats more like it. Dominating, record setting D and taking the opponent behind the woodshed.

Nice to see the starters get rest.

As for the bench, nice to see Murphy finally get it going and Arroyo played well too. Plus nice to see Shrek return and do well.

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2011, 10:23:48 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I thought he played a poor game, regardless. He was a little better on defense (still not very good), and was a bad floor general again.

In my opinion, Rondo did not match the other starters defensive intensity. Rondo also didn't really contest a lot of shots out there. Most of the night, he helped too much, and conceded open jump shots. The Bucks missed a lot, and Rondo's man missed a lot, but I thought it had little to do with Rondo's defense. I thought he was more active than he had been in the past couple games, though. I've just been unimpressed with his effort level for a long time now.

This coming from someone who was expecting Jennings to have a huge game against Rondo today.

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

This coming from someone who was expecting Jennings to have a huge game against Rondo today.

Hey, I didn't start that thread. All I said in that thread was that I wouldn't have been surprised. Jennings didn't show up, though.

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2011, 11:33:35 PM »

Offline jaser

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
Megatroll = kungpowe

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2011, 11:56:35 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Megatroll = kungpowe

I'm pretty sure this kind of post is against forum rules.

« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2011, 08:35:55 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Here's how Skiles summed up the game:

“Right at the jump ball Rondo got right up into Brandon (Jennings), they got right up into our guards, and they got us on our heels and took our competitive fight away from us. We pretty much just gave into it.”

« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2011, 10:52:19 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
murphy's shot has looked much much better this game.  if he can continue improving, he'll be big for this team should JO officially be ruled out for the playoffs

If both Shaq and Baby are healthy for the playoffs, I don't see Murphy getting much floor time.

Nice to see him finally join the Boston Celtics, though.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047