Author Topic: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage  (Read 16511 times)

Re: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Jeff green has become the new celticsblog whipping boy when the team plays a poor game.

Last year I think it was Dooling that copped it.

I dont get why. Jeff has been playing as the 4th best player on this team and if not for the minutes easily the 3rd best. seems like besides jdz and myself fans just want to pay attention to stats. jeff green is a legitamate talent and threat on both sides of the ball.

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I didn't understand the contract then, and I don't understand it now. What exactly did Green do to deserve that deal?

Half season of crappy play with a full season of heart surgery. Heck I can play turrrrible for half a season and miss the next. Can I get 40 mil?

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
I didn't understand the contract then, and I don't understand it now. What exactly did Green do to deserve that deal?

Half season of crappy play with a full season of heart surgery. Heck I can play turrrrible for half a season and miss the next. Can I get 40 mil?

He has potential to be a lethal offesive option like james worthy. im sick of kids who just read the box score over watching games. if you watched the games you would see jeffs potential.

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11

He has potential to be a lethal offesive option like james worthy. im sick of kids who just read the box score over watching games. if you watched the games you would see jeffs potential.

Are you a Celtics fan or Green only fan? It seems you seem to come on just to make ridiculous claims about Jeff Green's talent.

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

James Worthy is rolling over in his grave . . .

(I know Worthy isn't dead, Barkley uses that phrase often for retired basketball players).

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2012, 03:51:14 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

(I know Worthy isn't dead, Barkley uses that phrase often for retired basketball players).

you dont see jeff being at least as good as worthy in jeffs prime? worthy was 3rd option on lakers in a championship team. jeff was the 3rd best on the thunder with a ballhog in westbrook back on the thunder team. plus the league is more stacked now than before.

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

you dont see jeff being at least as good as worthy in jeffs prime? worthy was 3rd option on lakers in a championship team. jeff was the 3rd best on the thunder with a ballhog in westbrook back on the thunder team. plus the league is more stacked now than before.

That Thunder team was a below .500 team when Jeff Green was there.

The Showtime Lakers are more stacked than any team in the league now.  They'd roll through Miami, Boston, OKC, Los Angeles, San Antonio, etc...

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Jeff green has become the new celticsblog whipping boy when the team plays a poor game.

Last year I think it was Dooling that copped it.

I dont get why. Jeff has been playing as the 4th best player on this team and if not for the minutes easily the 3rd best. seems like besides jdz and myself fans just want to pay attention to stats. jeff green is a legitamate talent and threat on both sides of the ball.

LMBO, no... he is currently the 5th best (I might put Sully ahead to, so 6th?), Jet is playing better (just needs more shots but Doc seems to want him in that decoy role but it's not about that). Jeff has been 4th best on some nights (maybe 3rd once or twice) but not 4th overall.

Our opinions differ (across the fans not just me and you), but I know we all want him to play well for the team. We can all agree, GO CELTICS!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I was such a Jeff Green fan as soon as he came to Beantown for the Perk trade, and may I say I'm greatly disappointed. I was a semi Seatle fan when Green had his career year of 16ppg and it looks like he's become a bust for the Celtics.

If you're Jeff and reading this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvM3YwmDfwE
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2012, 05:25:45 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Every time I read someone comparing Jeff Green to James Worthy it almost makes me want to cry.  :'(

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Are you a Celtics fan or Green only fan? It seems you seem to come on just to make ridiculous claims about Jeff Green's talent.
This.

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
James Worth is a Hall of Famer, Jeff Green won't be..

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2012, 06:07:33 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I watch Jeff Green closely every time he is on the court, mostly because I am pulling for him to do well.  I get an extra jolt of glad when he scores.  But it's hard to believe that anyone watching him play this year can be happy with the overall product.  Forget about the contract (I believe the contract is only mildly relevant), he has been a non-factor in all but 3 games. And it's not just poor stats -- he isn't providing 'intangibles' either in my opinion.

He is at the disappointing stage right now, NOT at the bust stage.  Anyone who already 'knows' he is a bust is concluding too soon.  There is still a component of role confusion  that seems to be present which tells me it's possible that this may be solvable. 

I wouldn't be shocked if the bust-sayers are correct in the long run but it is definitely too early to conclude.

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I watch Jeff Green closely every time he is on the court, mostly because I am pulling for him to do well.  I get an extra jolt of glad when he scores.  But it's hard to believe that anyone watching him play this year can be happy with the overall product.  Forget about the contract (I believe the contract is only mildly relevant), he has been a non-factor in all but 3 games. And it's not just poor stats -- he isn't providing 'intangibles' either in my opinion.

He is at the disappointing stage right now, NOT at the bust stage.  Anyone who already 'knows' he is a bust is concluding too soon.  There is still a component of role confusion  that seems to be present which tells me it's possible that this may be solvable. 

I wouldn't be shocked if the bust-sayers are correct in the long run but it is definitely too early to conclude.

Most sensible thing I have read about Jeff Green so far in this forum.

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I can't help but think that Green's contract IS part of the problem. He's now getting paid handsomely. He has 4 years of well above average pay for himself. That can breed satisfaction and passiveness(laziness) in some athletes. Is it any coincidence that word was that Green was one of the best in the gym during the summer workouts when he didn't have a contract but as soon as he gets his big pay day, he reverts back to a player that is as passive or even more so than he ever was in OKC?

His lack of aggression and the fall off in this area on both sides of the ball since preseason is alarming. Could it be the big money that is now coming in has made him....lazy?