Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 275655 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #390 on: April 16, 2018, 11:50:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
GS simply doesn't have anyone who can stop Aldridge.

« Reply #391 on: April 16, 2018, 11:50:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Spurs defence has been awesome. Flying into the passing lanes
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #392 on: April 16, 2018, 11:51:38 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Wow I can't believe the undermanned and under-talented Spurs are hanging around with the Warriors. Was expecting GSW to be up by 20 right now.
B-but Pop isn't a good coach right...??  ::)

I'm just happy for Rudy Gay :).

Update - Golden State, predictably, has upped their defense and the Spurs are crumbling. Shocking ::).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:16:55 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #393 on: April 17, 2018, 12:31:06 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Wow I can't believe the undermanned and under-talented Spurs are hanging around with the Warriors. Was expecting GSW to be up by 20 right now.

Update - Golden State, predictably, has upped their defense and the Spurs are crumbling. Shocking ::).

Not yet! The Spurs are actually showing up tonight in Oracle Arena. I thought they have been demoralized after Game 1's performance.

Would love to watch Houston and Golden State have an early playoff exit. Sick of these diva teams.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2018, 12:43:25 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Not yet! The Spurs are actually showing up tonight in Oracle Arena. I thought they have been demoralized after Game 1's performance.

Would love to watch Houston and Golden State have an early playoff exit. Sick of these diva teams.

I wish that I could agree with you insofar as the Spurs are concerned, but they were still in the locker room during the 3rd quarter, for the most part. I'd love to see a split, here, obviously, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Warriors bury them from here on out. Sigh.

Still can't stand "Boom Boom" Pau Gasol, btw.

« Reply #395 on: April 17, 2018, 12:56:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I didn't expect that closeness to be maintained - more hope than anything.

Seeing people say Pop owed all his success to Timmy or whatever annoyed me though

« Reply #396 on: April 17, 2018, 01:12:21 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Seeing people say Pop owed all his success to Timmy or whatever annoyed me though
Agreed. Do people forget just last year the Spurs were in ECF blowing out the Warriors in Oracle at halftime with a hobbled Kawhi? Plus they still won 47 games this year. No Kawhi. Pop is a mastermind, best coach ever.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #397 on: April 17, 2018, 01:14:22 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Agreed. Do people forget just last year the Spurs were in ECF blowing out the Warriors in Oracle at halftime with a hobbled Kawhi? Plus they still won 47 games this year. No Kawhi. Pop is a mastermind, best coach ever.
That didn't happen?

They were blowing the Warriors out with a healthy Kawhi. Kawhi got hurt, the Warriors stormed back and ended up sweeping them.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #398 on: April 17, 2018, 01:20:11 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I just don't understand as to what happens at halftime. It's like they completely forget the game plan/what had worked so well for them during the first two quarters at the start of the third. Sigh.

« Reply #399 on: April 17, 2018, 01:21:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I just don't understand as to what happens at halftime. It's like they completely forget the game plan/what had worked so well for them during the first two quarters at the start of the third. Sigh.
You'd think guys who get paid millions a year would recognise that effort is pretty key to winning

« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2018, 01:36:02 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

That didn't happen?

They were blowing the Warriors out with a healthy Kawhi. Kawhi got hurt, the Warriors stormed back and ended up sweeping them.
No. Kawhi had already sprained his ankle twice before. That is why he missed the end of game 5 against Houston, and game 6. When he fell on Zaza that was the third time he had sprained his ankle, and he was out for good.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2018, 01:48:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

That didn't happen?

No. Kawhi had already sprained his ankle twice before. That is why he missed the end of game 5 against Houston, and game 6. When he fell on Zaza that was the third time he had sprained his ankle, and he was out for good.
Made Zaza's action even more blatant and disgusting.

Hate that bum so much. Anyone who deliberately tries to hurt players (plural being key) deserves the utmost misfortune

« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2018, 01:55:29 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

That didn't happen?

Made Zaza's action even more blatant and disgusting.

Hate that bum so much. Anyone who deliberately tries to hurt players (plural being key) deserves the utmost misfortune

I remember KG gave him a piece of it back in 2008 playoffs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2018, 05:01:00 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
With TeRo not committing a single turnover during his 40 game 1 minutes, he is now at a spectacular playoff career minute/TO ratio with 416/12.
That would translate that he losses a ball every 34,7 minutes.
For a guy that nominally plays at PG 70% and SG 30% that is a testament how well he protects it.

He does owe a drink to JB for picking his ball up at 4:38 remaining in the 3rd. Jump to 4:50 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-WvP3EpU_o
That's a lucky number 13.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2018, 05:25:08 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Who wants to make a bet that Victor Oladipo gets into foul trouble in game 2?