Author Topic: 2020 Mock Draft 1ish month out  (Read 20601 times)

2020 Mock Draft 1ish month out
« on: October 17, 2020, 02:04:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Got a lot of time on my hands, so I decided to do a full 2 round mock draft and see anyone else's thoughts, draft tragic or otherwise. I'm not going to put trades in because this draft is way too volatile. I'll give a little rundown as to why a team will make a certain pick for their 1st round picks, but in the 2nd round I'll just list off the strengths of the player. I'm not that bored yet...

1. Minnesota Timberwolves: Anthony Edwards, Guard. Edwards is a super athlete who can force his way inside and score as he pleases. There are legitimate concerns, some that remind me a lot of Andrew Wiggins ironically, but I think these could be ironed out and he could form a pretty nasty big 3 with KAT and D-Lo. Even if he is Wiggins-esque, as long as he's not on $30m a year that's not too bad.

2. Golden State Warriors: Deni Avdija, Wing. Point forward kind of player who plays with intensity, and is a pretty solid athlete. I think he could provide that wing playmaking that Golden State have loved in the past with KD and Iggy, and allows Klay to keep playing the 2. However, it is quite likely they trade the pick IMO.

3. Charlotte Hornets: James Wiseman, Big. Enormous NBA athlete who finishes highlight-level plays at both ends. What more could Charlotte want? I guarantee they're sick of staring guys like Zeller and Biyombo. I also don't buy into them being into Ball given what they paid Rozier and what they also have in Graham. Wiseman would fit really nicely alongside Washington and Bridges.

4. Chicago Bulls: LaMelo Ball, Guard. A pass-first point guard who is big enough to play defence against 2s and 3s sounds ideal for Chicago. Lavine and White aren't point guards by any real stretch of the imagination, and Ball could be the hype machine needed to kickstart something in Chicago. Would be interesting to see Ball alongside Lauri and Wendell Carter.

5. Cleveland Cavaliers: Isaac Okoro, Wing. The Cavaliers have desperate needs defensively and at the wing position (Cedi Osman is not the answer), and Okoro fits the bill perfectly. Crazy good defensive instincts for a 19 year-old, powerful build, and made real differences in winning at Auburn (24-4 with him, 1-2 without). I would like them to go for a defensive-minded guy here.

6. Atlanta Hawks: Obi Toppin, Big. Might seem like a somewhat redundant pick given they have Collins, but my reading of the situation is Atlanta is shopping Collins, so Toppin could make perfect sense. Super offensive arsenal, can space the floor vertically and to the perimeter, and is perhaps the bounciest big in the draft. He seems custom-made to play alongside Young and Capela.

7. Detroit Pistons: Tyrese Haliburton, Guard. Efficient, athletic, can pass and makes plays on defence, and he's got the size to play both guard spots. Detroit need a point guard to take the reigns alongside Wood and Doumbouya, and I think Haliburton is that guy. I think he'd have been pushing for top-5 consideration if he didn't get hurt.

8. New York Knicks: Killian Hayes, Guard. The Knicks desperately need a true point guard, as I don't think DSJ or Ntilikina are the future for them. Hayes projects to me to be quite similar to D-Lo - big lefty guard who can pass, drive and shoot. That sounds pretty fun alongside RJ Barrett, who in my opinion had an underrated rookie season in a dysfunctional New York team. Hayes would throw a heap of alley-oops to Robinson too.

9. Washington Wizards: Onyeka Okongwu, Big. Washington currently start a defensive sieve at centre in Thomas Bryant. I think, especially given Bryant isn't even on big money, he'd be best used as a 6th man type role due to his ability to offensively change games. Okongwu is an elite defender, great rebounder and can finish inside with ease. I think he and Hachimura would be a great duo, and he's too talented to slide any further.

10. Phoenix Suns: Aaron Nesmith, Wing. Phoenix look to be making a genuine push to be a playoff team, and Nesmith is ready to contribute right away. Super shooter and can also play D, he'll be able to contribute right away. James Jones showed last year by picking Cam Johnson that he isn't afraid to pick whoever he thinks will help.

11. San Antonio Spurs: Patrick Williams, Wing. An athletic raw wing who has the physical tools to do it all? San Antonio probably like their chances to develop such a player. There'd be no pressure on him immediately while veterans like DeRozan and Gay play most of the wing minutes, and those are two athletic players who he could stand to learn a lot from.

12. Sacramento Kings: Saddiq Bey, Wing. A 3&D wing who can guard 2-4 would be ideal for Sacramento, especially given the likely loss of Buddy Hield very soon. The Kings have been reliant upon guys like Harrison Barnes, Nemanja Bjelica and Trevor Ariza to provide their 3-4 play recently, it's time they added some youth. A guy from Villanova is almost guaranteed to produce too.

13. New Orleans Pelicans: Devin Vassell, Guard. Another 3&D player (bit of a theme with this draft), I think Vassell is exactly the kind of long-term player to pair with Ball and Ingram. If he can learn some offensive pointers from Redick and some defensive ones from Jrue Holiday he could be a genuine steal at this position.

14. Boston Celtics: Kira Lewis Jr., Guard. Super fast, can shoot, pass, defend and rebound, Lewis does a bit of everything. He's a sophomore that is younger than many freshman, and he has reportedly put on some weight to get up to around 180lbs. Avery Johnson (his former coach) really rates him as an NBA prospect. Over his last 7 games he averaged 23/6/3 with 49% shooting from 3 at 6.1 attempts. I don't think his shooting is an issue.

15. Orlando Magic: Precious Achiuwa, Big. I could see Orlando really buying into the prospect of a lineup with Achiuwa and Isaac at the 5 and the 4 respectively. That is a really athletic and problematic lineup for most teams to deal with. It would also allow them to pursue trades of Vucevic and Gordon pretty aggressively.

16. Portland Trailblazers: RJ Hampton, Guard. Portland had a down year, a lot of that being due to injuries, so I could see them taking a flyer on a guy who has high potential but a low floor. Hampton was unimpressive in the NBL, but was a great high school player and has all the athletic tools. Portland have had success with Anfernee Simons, so they may like their chances.

17. Minnesota Timberwolves: Cole Anthony, Guard. Had a really down year in a poor UNC team, but was hugely hyped prior to that. Has all the athletic tools to put it together, just needs a run of health and some time to get used to a system. Too much potential for Minny to pass up.

18. Dallas Mavericks: Theo Maledon, Guard. Maledon is in my eyes a more natural off-guard, which I think makes him a nice fit in Dallas. They've had great success with Europeans, quite obviously, and I don't think they'd be afraid to take Maledon. His personality is a constant talking point (in a good way), so I am comfortable projecting him as a long term rotational player.

19. Brooklyn Nets: Aleksej Pokusevski, Wing / Big. Brooklyn are entirely in win-now mode, so going for someone with such a unique and high ceiling in Poku isn't a very radical move. What better way for a 7 footer with guard skills to learn is there than by sitting under Durant's wing?

20. Miami Heat: Tyrell Terry, Guard. Another elite shooting guard to slot into Spoelstra's awesome movement heavy offence sounds good to me in theory. Especially if some team offers Dragic big money that Miami are uncomfortable matching. There wouldn't be pressure on Terry to perform immediately, but Miami are routinely shown to be comfortable trusting guys who can play, regardless of age or experience (Herro, Robinson, Nunn).

21. Philadelphia 76ers: Jaden McDaniels, Wing. I don't rate McDaniels that highly if I'm honest, but I could see a team like the 76ers seeing what happened with Michael Porter Jr and trying to emulate that here. His ball handling and shot creation could appeal to them, even if he'll likely never be a consistent performer.

22. Denver Nuggets: Jalen Smith, Big. An athletic floor-spacing big man who can play some solid defence sounds like a great guy to replace Plumlee, assuming he doesn't return. Smith can play the 4 and the 5, so he'd be able to slide either behind Jokic in the depth chart, or even alongside him in certain match-ups.

23. Utah Jazz: Nico Mannion, Guard. We've seen Quin Snyder do good things with pass-first point guards, namely Ricky Rubio and to a lesser extent Emmanuel Mudiay. Mannion has similar efficiency concerns to Rubio, but he's a great runner of the pick & roll, and Utah have one of the best PnR bigs in the league.

24. Milwaukee Bucks: Tyrese Maxey, Guard. The Milwaukee Bucks are in desperate need of some speedy players. Almost every one of their rotational players is slower than the average at their position. Maxey failed to deliver on his promise coming out of high school, but he's an aggressive combo guard with a great arsenal of moves inside.

25. Oklahoma City Thunder: Leandro Bolmaro, Wing. The Thunder have an endless stream of first round picks coming their way, so I comfortably see them taking a swing on a playmaking Euro wing. He's called the "Messi of basketball" over in Argentina, and he's always compared to Manu (an unfair thing to do to someone), but he's got genuine skill and could be an interesting player next to SGA.

26. Boston Celtics: Xavier Tillman, Big. Tillman is an elite defender, capable of defending both 4s and 5s, due to his great BBIQ and decent athleticism. His BBIQ extends to the offensive end too, as in my opinion he's the best passing big man in the draft. Given the success of high-IQ pick Grant Williams I see Tillman as being an excellent fit.

27. New York Knicks: Josh Green, Wing. Green is an athletic 3&D wing who underperformed at Arizona, a team that had almost too many weapons for all of them to be showcased, but he has all the tools to succeed in the NBA. He's a really strong defender, and while he's been inconsistent with his shooting he's a mile better than Knox in that regard.

28. Los Angeles Lakers: Grant Riller, Guard. The Lakers need someone who can handle the ball, shoot and pass immediately at the NBA level. Riller is that guy. The Lakers will be trying to cash in on winning again next year, as it could likely be their last genuine chance for some time, and Riller could help fill the void that might be felt by departing veteran free agents.

29. Toronto Raptors: Isaiah Stewart, Big. With the departure of Gasol and Ibaka, Toronto desperately need a big man. Preferably one who can shoulder the load of playing inside against the bruising guys in the NBA. Stewart can rebound, protect the rim and has the athleticism to help on the perimeter if needed.

30. Boston Celtics: Desmond Bane, Wing. Bane is an elite shooter with an NBA-ready frame. He's got 4 years of consistently elite 3 point shooting and the ability to defend both 2s and 3s. The concerns over his wingspan will limit him against the longer wings that are in the NBA, but he's strong enough to be fine.

31. Dallas Mavericks select Tyler Bey: Defensive-minded rebounding wing with elite length.
32. Charlotte Hornets select Jahmi'us Ramsey: Athletic 3 point shooting guard, not much on offence in terms of passing.
33. Minnesota Timberwolves select Malachi Flynn: High BBIQ on both ends, can score from all levels.
34. Philadelphia 76ers select Vernon Carey Jr.: Big-bodied power 5, great rebounder and super strong inside.
35. Sacramento Kings select Tre Jones: High IQ guard who developed a shot, really solid playmaker.
36. Philadelphia 76ers select Isaiah Joe: Sharpshooting wing who could be used to try and rekindle what they lost when Redick left.
37. Washington Wizards select Cassius Stanley: Most impressive wing athlete in the entire draft, very raw.
38. New York Knicks select Reggie Perry: Unique guard-like skillset for a big in a strong NBA-level frame.
39. New Orleans Pelicans select Killian Tillie: Stretch 4 in the Ryan Anderson build, could be really interesting alongside Zion.
40. Memphis Grizzlies select Zeke Nnaji: Strong athletic big with the ability to score inside with both hands, hustle machine.
41. San Antonio Spurs select Paul Reed: One of the most versatile defenders in the game with an insatiable pursuit of rebounds. Seems like a Pop guy.
42. New Orleans Pelicans select Cassius Winston: NBA ready guard who can pass, shoot and defend. Low ceiling, high floor.
43. Sacramento Kings select select Kaleb Wesson: Stretch big who can rebound and pass, but is quite terrible at defence. Sullinger-esque.
44. Chicago Bulls select Robert Woodard: Power wing who can hold his own all over the floor. Improving jump shot.
45. Orlando Magic select Payton Pritchard: Older guard who can pass and score from all 3 levels really well. Not a good athlete by any means.
46. Portland Trailblazers select Jordan Nwora: Athletic 3&D wing, but doesn't generate much offence otherwise.
47. Boston Celtics select Sam Merrill: Perhaps the best shooter in the draft, but is a bit older than JB.
48. Golden State Warriors select Markus Howard: GSW take a flyer on perhaps the biggest flamethrower in the draft. Could be IT 2.0.
49. Philadelphia 76ers select Yam Madar: Flashy playmaking guard who could stay overseas for a year.
50. Atlanta Hawks select Udoka Azubuike: Physically strong monster who will probably be a great situational big for years.
51. Golden State Warriors select Elijah Hughes: Strong producer in college, but concerns about efficiency in shooting and handling.
52. Sacramento Kings select Skylar Mays: Crafty combo guard who had multiple 30 point college games.
53. Oklahoma City Thunder select Immanuel Quickley: Undersized off guard but is an elite shooter from 3 and the FT line, not great passing.
54. Indiana Pacers select Paul Eboua: Interesting borderline unique athlete, could be best suited at the 5 (6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan).
55. Brooklyn Nets select Josh Hall: Guard skills in a wing body, but there is very very limited tape on him. Could be the boom or bust guy a contender looks at.
56. Charlotte Hornets select Abdoulaye Ndoye: Great size for a PG and improving shooter, but has yet to show much against quality opposition.
57. Los Angeles Clippers select Kenyon Martin Jr.: Unsurprisingly a freakish athlete. Limited tape and questions over his position, but he has all the athletic tools and then some.
58. Philadelphia 76ers select Mason Jones: Elite offensive force at Arkansas, could blossom into a bench flamethrower.
59. Toronto Raptors select Ashton Hagans: Good passer and decent athlete, but really struggled to score in college. Could learn from Lowry.
60. New Orleans Pelicans select Yves Pons: One of the best athletes in the draft who is an amazing shot-blocker for his size. Not much else besides athleticism.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 06:21:47 AM by gouki88 »
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: 2020 Mock Draft 1ish month out
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 02:15:46 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Unless I'm blind, which may be possible, I don't see Cole Anthony on here. I assume he gets pick within the 10-20 range. After that, I think Deni at 2 would be a big reach. Think the Warriors take Wiseman at 2 if they keep that pick, and LeMelo would go to the Hornets at 3.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 06:05:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Unless I'm blind, which may be possible, I don't see Cole Anthony on here. I assume he gets pick within the 10-20 range. After that, I think Deni at 2 would be a big reach. Think the Warriors take Wiseman at 2 if they keep that pick, and LeMelo would go to the Hornets at 3.
D'oh! That's quite the omission of me. I'll try and fix that.

I think Avdija at 2 is fine, because I don't really see him lasting past 5, and I like his fit there. I also think Golden State will deal the pick regardless.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 06:25:47 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I think Avdija at 2 is fine, because I don't really see him lasting past 5, and I like his fit there. I also think Golden State will deal the pick regardless.
Kevin O'Conner's mock had him #2 and the tankathon mock had him #5. 

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 06:29:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Kevin O'Conner's mock had him #2 and the tankathon mock had him #5.
Yeah, that's generally where I view him. I rate him quite highly. See a lot of Hedo Turkoglu in him

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 06:51:34 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Don't understand Poku at #19.  As you say, the Nets are in win now mode and Poku isn't NBA ready yet.  They need someone who is ready to contribute now.  I might reach a bit for Bane or Tyler Bey. I actually like Poku for us at #14 especially if he is willing to be stashed for a year.

I'd take Bane at #26 as he is more likely to be gone than Tillman by #30.  The mocks I've looked at have Tillman in the 2nd round. 

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 06:57:57 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Great job!! But I don’t see Golden State picking Deni at #2.. Wiseman May be there pick cause of their lack of size
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 07:16:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Don't understand Poku at #19.  As you say, the Nets are in win now mode and Poku isn't NBA ready yet.  They need someone who is ready to contribute now.  I might reach a bit for Bane or Tyler Bey. I actually like Poku for us at #14 especially if he is willing to be stashed for a year.

I'd take Bane at #26 as he is more likely to be gone than Tillman by #30.  The mocks I've looked at have Tillman in the 2nd round.
I personally think that Brooklyn will trade the pick alongside LeVert and Allen for a guy like Hield or Oladipo, or someone of that ilk.

But if they don’t, I don’t know if any of those guys get minutes. If they’re able to keep Joe Harris they’ll have a rotation of Durant, Irving, Dinwiddie, LeVert, Jordan, Allen, Harris, Prince, and Garret Temple. I don’t see any rookies available at that stage breaking into that rotation.

That’s fair about Bane / Tillman. I think Toronto might take Tillman, have seen Bane all over the place.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 07:49:17 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Great job, TP!  I’d like to see if Ainge can package the picks to move up to pick Killian Hayes, or even Wiseman.   Hayes sounds like D’Angelo Russell, but with better D and maybe better bbiq.  Maybe groom him for a couple years before replacing Walker.  Granted I don’t know a ton about this draft, but he seems like a really good prospect. 

We also have a roster crunch, and consolidating picks to move up really helps out with that and gives more flexibility.  It helps that some teams Warriors, Pistons, Knicks? may be looking to trade back.  Just don’t go all Justin Winslow offering the moon to move up. Lol

I guess though a question I’ll ask everyone how does Lewis compare to Hayes or even Haliburton as guard prospects?  To me it seems Hayes has the biggest upside, but maybe I’m wrong.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 09:21:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Great job, TP!  I’d like to see if Ainge can package the picks to move up to pick Killian Hayes, or even Wiseman.   Hayes sounds like D’Angelo Russell, but with better D and maybe better bbiq.  Maybe groom him for a couple years before replacing Walker.  Granted I don’t know a ton about this draft, but he seems like a really good prospect. 

We also have a roster crunch, and consolidating picks to move up really helps out with that and gives more flexibility.  It helps that some teams Warriors, Pistons, Knicks? may be looking to trade back.  Just don’t go all Justin Winslow offering the moon to move up. Lol

I guess though a question I’ll ask everyone how does Lewis compare to Hayes or even Haliburton as guard prospects?  To me it seems Hayes has the biggest upside, but maybe I’m wrong.
I would love Hayes, I think he’s actually the best PG prospect in the draft. I don’t rate Ball personally too highly, and I see Halliburton as more of a combo guard. I would move up for he or Wiseman happily.

I am certainly apprehensive about a Winslow-type thing. Especially in a draft like this one, where barring the ability to get Wiseman, Hayes or Okongwu I don’t see much difference in the prospects from 9-18 on my big board.

Lewis compares pretty well to those guys IMO. He doesn’t have that prototype 6’5” size that those two do, but he’s also by far the fastest and is the best interior finisher. Haliburton is 14 months older than Lewis, but played less college games due to injury (Lewis reclassified and is an incredibly young sophomore), and he’s 17 months older than Hayes. Lewis is a worse passer than both and a worse shooter than Haliburton, but I think he has the potential to be as good as any of them

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 09:46:02 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I personally think that Brooklyn will trade the pick alongside LeVert and Allen for a guy like Hield or Oladipo, or someone of that ilk.

But if they don’t, I don’t know if any of those guys get minutes. If they’re able to keep Joe Harris they’ll have a rotation of Durant, Irving, Dinwiddie, LeVert, Jordan, Allen, Harris, Prince, and Garret Temple. I don’t see any rookies available at that stage breaking into that rotation.

That’s fair about Bane / Tillman. I think Toronto might take Tillman, have seen Bane all over the place.
If the Kings are offered #19, LeVert and Allen for Hield, they shouldn't waste a 2nd accepting the offer.  I don't think Hield is an upgrade from LeVert and LeVert's contract is significantly better.  If I'm the Nets, I'd be seeing what it would take to get Holiday from NOP. 

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 05:52:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

If the Kings are offered #19, LeVert and Allen for Hield, they shouldn't waste a 2nd accepting the offer.  I don't think Hield is an upgrade from LeVert and LeVert's contract is significantly better.  If I'm the Nets, I'd be seeing what it would take to get Holiday from NOP.
I think you're way off there.

Over the last two seasons Hield has averaged significantly more points, more rebounds, and is an almost infinitely better shooter than LeVert while turning it over less. Hield has played every single game over the last two seasons, LeVert has played 55% of possible games in that stretch. Nearly double the availability over the last two seasons, and is a significantly better player. That's a huge upgrade.

Holiday would be a huge get, but I don't see the appeal for New Orleans in adding a ball-dominant non-shooter, Allen, who is essentially what they think Jaxson Hayes will be, and a pick in the latter half of the draft.

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
TP to Gouki88.  Well thought out and written.

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 08:06:15 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Rather then start my own I figured I would put my mock on this thread

1   T-Wolves   Edwards   trade pick to ATL for Huerter and #6, ATL adds a secondary creator to the back-court with Young and a player who at his ceiling the the perfect partner for Young.

2   Warriors   Wiseman   trade pick to NYK for #8, Robinson and #27, Knicks have been rumored to want Ball or Wiseman. Conventional Wisdom is that they want Ball but I wouldn't be shocked to see them really covet Wiseman as an upgrade over Mitchell.

3   Hornets   Ball    its hard for me to imagine MJ bringing Lavar Ball into his world but this team needs some life and Lamelo is sure to generate buzz. On the court he isn't a terrible fit as the primary with Rozier and Dotson playing off of hi,

4   Bulls   Hayes the Bulls can go a number of ways but adding a versatile super young combo guard like Hayes gives them flexibility with how they want to move forward with their back-court

5   Cavs   Okoro    just seems like a solid pick for a team that needs to really figure out its roster

6   ATL   Avdija   traded Huerter and #6 to Min for #1, this pick goes to the the T-Wolves by avoiding a project in Edwards and adding two players who should be instant contributors in Huerter and Advija the Wolves help their push for the 8th seed

7   Pistons   Hampton    this is an upside play for a team lacking in young talent. Hampton could develop into the best player in the class

8   NYK   Vassell   
traded pick to GS, In this trade the Warriors add Robinson who can contribute right away to their big rotation and Vassell who really helps add a valuable defensive wing to a depleted bench.

9   Wizards   Okongwu    placing a defensive anchor behind Beal and Wall is critical to their chances of making the playoffs and having any hope of retaining Beal

10   Suns   Toppin   I heard I belive Same Vecenie float this idea, Toppin is a horrendous defender but the improvement from Ayton and the Suns defensive wings may be enough to insulate Toppin making him a playable defender and high end offensive player

11   Spurs   P Williams    just seems like a Spurs type project

12   Kings   Haliburton    makes it easier to trade Hield with Haliburton on the team to take his 6th man role

13   Pelicans   Nesmith    they add a shooter to their talented young core

14   Celtics   S Bey   trade pick and Porier to Grizzlies for #40 and future lottery protected 1st, the Grizzlies add a floor spacing big wing who could fit very nicely in lineups with JJJ at center. This trade is low risk for the Grizzlies, with lottery protection they are likely to retain their 2021 pick and they make the playoffs in 2022

15   Magic   Lewis Jr    replaces DJ Augustin and makes for a nice long term fit next to Fultz

16   Blazers   Achiuwa    great Whiteside replacement option and Nurkic backup

17   T-Wolves   J Green    they need perimeter D and Green has elite potential on defense

18   Mavs   Maxey    if 3pt shot is legit he is the perfect off ball PG to compliment Luka

19   Nets   Bane    they need a guy who is ready to contribute and if they loose Harris to Free agency Bane could have a early role

20   Heat   Terry    perfect project for the Heat who could be scary playing with Herro and Robinson

21   76ers   Anthony    their roster is desperate for creation and they get that from Anthony

22   Nuggets   McDaniells the Nuggets are not afraid of projects

23   Jazz   J Smith    could be a solid Gobert backup whose spacing would be a change of pace for the Jazz

24   Bucks   Flynn    instant contributor for a team that needs to win

25   OKC   Maledon for a team that has had success with multiple PGs adding a young 6'5 PG feels like a good fit

26   Cs   Bolmaro as many have pointed out he is a nice system fit who is all ready committed to a D&S season   

27   NYK   Mannion   traded pick to GS, the Warriors need creation off the bench. Mannion could thrive in their system behind Curry

28   Lakers   Quikley there can never be enough shooters around Lebron

29   Raptors   Pokusevski    for a team in a weird trasitional period a high ceiling international project seems like a smart punt to the future

30   Cs   Tillman    a player I see as a future Theis replacement, NBA ready and likely to push Kanter and Time Lord out of their roles

31   Mavs   Riller while their previous pick Maxey projects at his ceiling as the perfect Luka back court mate Riller is his perfect 6th man

32   Hornets   Stanley   

33   T-Wolves   Stewart   
34   76ers   Nnaji   
35   Kings   Tillie   
36   76ers   Hughes   
37   Wiz   T Bey   
38   NYK   J Ramsey   
39   Pelicans   Reed   
40   Grizz   Scrubb   traded pic to Celtics, higher upside Wing who could be steal of the draft low risk at pick 40

41   SPurs   Pritchard   
42   Pelicans   Alexander   
43   Kings   Azubuike   
44   Bulls   Jones   
45   Magic   Woodard   
46    Blazers   Mayes
    47   Celtics   Marshall   , solid all around wing who is a consistent 3 away from being a solid NBA player
48   GS   Carey   
49   76ers   Nwora   
50   Paceres   Winston   
51   OKC   Daniel Oturu   
52   ATL   Dotson   
53   Kings   P Eboua   
54   GS   L amar Stevens   
55   Nets   Nick Richards   
56   Hornets   Marko Simonovic'   
57   Clippers   Reggie Perry   
58   Rap   Kaleb Wesson   
59   76ers   CJ Elleby   
60   Pelicans   Hinton   

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 08:29:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Rather then start my own I figured I would put my mock on this thread

1   T-Wolves   Edwards   trade pick to ATL for Huerter and #6, ATL adds a secondary creator to the back-court with Young and a player who at his ceiling the the perfect partner for Young.

2   Warriors   Wiseman   trade pick to NYK for #8, Robinson and #27, Knicks have been rumored to want Ball or Wiseman. Conventional Wisdom is that they want Ball but I wouldn't be shocked to see them really covet Wiseman as an upgrade over Mitchell.

3   Hornets   Ball    its hard for me to imagine MJ bringing Lavar Ball into his world but this team needs some life and Lamelo is sure to generate buzz. On the court he isn't a terrible fit as the primary with Rozier and Dotson playing off of hi,

4   Bulls   Hayes the Bulls can go a number of ways but adding a versatile super young combo guard like Hayes gives them flexibility with how they want to move forward with their back-court

5   Cavs   Okoro    just seems like a solid pick for a team that needs to really figure out its roster

6   ATL   Avdija   traded Huerter and #6 to Min for #1, this pick goes to the the T-Wolves by avoiding a project in Edwards and adding two players who should be instant contributors in Huerter and Advija the Wolves help their push for the 8th seed

7   Pistons   Hampton    this is an upside play for a team lacking in young talent. Hampton could develop into the best player in the class

8   NYK   Vassell   
traded pick to GS, In this trade the Warriors add Robinson who can contribute right away to their big rotation and Vassell who really helps add a valuable defensive wing to a depleted bench.

9   Wizards   Okongwu    placing a defensive anchor behind Beal and Wall is critical to their chances of making the playoffs and having any hope of retaining Beal

10   Suns   Toppin   I heard I belive Same Vecenie float this idea, Toppin is a horrendous defender but the improvement from Ayton and the Suns defensive wings may be enough to insulate Toppin making him a playable defender and high end offensive player

11   Spurs   P Williams    just seems like a Spurs type project

12   Kings   Haliburton    makes it easier to trade Hield with Haliburton on the team to take his 6th man role

13   Pelicans   Nesmith    they add a shooter to their talented young core

14   Celtics   S Bey   trade pick and Porier to Grizzlies for #40 and future lottery protected 1st, the Grizzlies add a floor spacing big wing who could fit very nicely in lineups with JJJ at center. This trade is low risk for the Grizzlies, with lottery protection they are likely to retain their 2021 pick and they make the playoffs in 2022

15   Magic   Lewis Jr    replaces DJ Augustin and makes for a nice long term fit next to Fultz

16   Blazers   Achiuwa    great Whiteside replacement option and Nurkic backup

17   T-Wolves   J Green    they need perimeter D and Green has elite potential on defense

18   Mavs   Maxey    if 3pt shot is legit he is the perfect off ball PG to compliment Luka

19   Nets   Bane    they need a guy who is ready to contribute and if they loose Harris to Free agency Bane could have a early role

20   Heat   Terry    perfect project for the Heat who could be scary playing with Herro and Robinson

21   76ers   Anthony    their roster is desperate for creation and they get that from Anthony

22   Nuggets   McDaniells the Nuggets are not afraid of projects

23   Jazz   J Smith    could be a solid Gobert backup whose spacing would be a change of pace for the Jazz

24   Bucks   Flynn    instant contributor for a team that needs to win

25   OKC   Maledon for a team that has had success with multiple PGs adding a young 6'5 PG feels like a good fit

26   Cs   Bolmaro as many have pointed out he is a nice system fit who is all ready committed to a D&S season   

27   NYK   Mannion   traded pick to GS, the Warriors need creation off the bench. Mannion could thrive in their system behind Curry

28   Lakers   Quikley there can never be enough shooters around Lebron

29   Raptors   Pokusevski    for a team in a weird trasitional period a high ceiling international project seems like a smart punt to the future

30   Cs   Tillman    a player I see as a future Theis replacement, NBA ready and likely to push Kanter and Time Lord out of their roles

31   Mavs   Riller while their previous pick Maxey projects at his ceiling as the perfect Luka back court mate Riller is his perfect 6th man

32   Hornets   Stanley   

33   T-Wolves   Stewart   
34   76ers   Nnaji   
35   Kings   Tillie   
36   76ers   Hughes   
37   Wiz   T Bey   
38   NYK   J Ramsey   
39   Pelicans   Reed   
40   Grizz   Scrubb   traded pic to Celtics, higher upside Wing who could be steal of the draft low risk at pick 40

41   SPurs   Pritchard   
42   Pelicans   Alexander   
43   Kings   Azubuike   
44   Bulls   Jones   
45   Magic   Woodard   
46    Blazers   Mayes
    47   Celtics   Marshall   , solid all around wing who is a consistent 3 away from being a solid NBA player
48   GS   Carey   
49   76ers   Nwora   
50   Paceres   Winston   
51   OKC   Daniel Oturu   
52   ATL   Dotson   
53   Kings   P Eboua   
54   GS   L amar Stevens   
55   Nets   Nick Richards   
56   Hornets   Marko Simonovic'   
57   Clippers   Reggie Perry   
58   Rap   Kaleb Wesson   
59   76ers   CJ Elleby   
60   Pelicans   Hinton   

TP for the effort to think about trades.