Author Topic: Rockets (21-15) at Celtics (29-7) 1/7  (Read 61356 times)

Re: Rockets (21-15) at Celtics (29-7) 1/7
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
they look like a defeated team out there.  They need a jolt.

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2009, 08:40:05 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
What the heck happened? I look and we're up 5, now we're down 4. So is it poor D? Poor shooting? The refs?

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Another undermanned team on a losing streak playing with a hurt Artest leading the C's at half time and I am sure confident that they can win this game. And, another no-show for Rondo and other than Garnett, Pierce and Baby another uninspired half of basketball. I know, don't worry, everything is going to be okay.

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
and the beat goes on...looking at a 4 loss week friday...simply unreal how quick this team went into the tank...

Celticsblog: where giving up on your team in a 4 point game at halftime happens.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Rockets shootin 71% in the 2nd.

Celtics shooting 37% in the 2nd.

****?!?!?!

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2009, 08:41:42 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
what is it going to take to get this team back at this point? i dont want to hear from doc that is the dog days of the season...they have been out hustled by the warriors, knicks, bobcats and now the rockets without their best player.....do they even care??? cant wait until friday :'(

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2009, 08:41:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
they just lack energy, confidence and motivation.   If they pull this out and beat the Cavs on Friday they'll be right back on their high.

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Wow some of the negativity is out of hand. They are playing a very good basketball team. One many pundits picked to go all the way. The Celtics are playing really good ball but so are the Rockets. It's a good game.

Oh I'll take KG, even if he isn't Big Al in the paint.

And, I for one don't consider 9 points in the first few minutes of the second quarter a big lead. It's not even a comfortable lead. In this league, this early, no lead is safe.

A very good basketball team without two of its key players and with a third key player playing on a bad ankle. Once again, the C's were outplayed in a half, this time, however, at home.

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2009, 08:43:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
and the beat goes on...looking at a 4 loss week friday...simply unreal how quick this team went into the tank...

Celticsblog: where giving up on your team in a 4 point game at halftime happens.

this game is following the same script as the other 5 recent losses....i certainly hope they can come back but it looks like they are out of whack once again

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2009, 08:44:31 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
what is it going to take to get this team back at this point? i dont want to hear from doc that is the dog days of the season...they have been out hustled by the warriors, knicks, bobcats and now the rockets without their best player.....do they even care??? cant wait until friday :'(

yao has been thier best player for about two years now IMO. tracey can shoot extremely well when healthy, which means never. Weeeeeeeeeeeee.

Yao is a force on both ends of the court. I'll take yao over tracey any day of the week to start a team.

Also, this is a very good basketball game. I was right with you guys in the knicks and cats games, that was embarrassing effort.

Thats not what im seeing tonight, im seeing two good teams playing each other tough.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2009, 08:45:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Wow some of the negativity is out of hand. They are playing a very good basketball team. One many pundits picked to go all the way. The Celtics are playing really good ball but so are the Rockets. It's a good game.

And, I for one don't consider 9 points in the first few minutes of the second quarter a big lead. It's not even a comfortable lead. In this league, this early, no lead is safe.

A very good basketball team without two of its key players and with a third key player playing on a bad ankle. Once again, the C's were outplayed in a half, this time, however, at home.

without Two of thier players? is that tall guy from china abusing us inside not yao ming? they have another guy that good?

Good lord! the lakers have no shot in the west once the other yao comes back.

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2009, 08:46:50 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boy..i hope ray allen has something left friday night...big minutes once again

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

1. Artest's ankle is a non-issue. He's playing. And he's playing well.
2. Houston play's better without T-Mac. He's easily their worst defender and he chokes late in games. If Houston traded T-Mac, they'd be a better team.
3. They got outplayed for the last 6 minutes of the second quarter. Overall, a very competitive game.

But they need stops and they need Rondo and Perk. Neither showed up in the first half.

I still say the Celtics win this comfortably by game's end.

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2009, 08:48:51 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

without Two of thier players? is that tall guy from china abusing us inside not yao ming? they have another guy that good?

Good lord! the lakers have no shot in the west once the other yao comes back.

So you consider Battier and McGrady chopped liver? and what about Artest on a swollen ankle. Give me a break. Their starting shooting guard tonight was Von Wafer. Houston has lost 4 straight and the C's should be blowing them off the court. But I guess we should be happy with a 3-point deficit at the half.

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2009, 08:49:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

1. Artest's ankle is a non-issue. He's playing. And he's playing well.
2. Houston play's better without T-Mac. He's easily their worst defender and he chokes late in games. If Houston traded T-Mac, they'd be a better team.
3. They got outplayed for the last 6 minutes of the second quarter. Overall, a very competitive game.

But they need stops and they need Rondo and Perk. Neither showed up in the first half.

I still say the Celtics win this comfortably by game's end.

if boston wins this game comfortably i will give you as many TP as they win by