Author Topic: Celtics(27-4) at Kings (7-23) 12/28  (Read 20917 times)

Re: Celtics(27-4) at Kings (7-23) 12/28
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
TA has become more and more irritating everytime I watch him.  He hasnt really done anything notably wrong in this game, Im just really tired of watching him leave his feet on defense.

I'd almost rather have Kedrick Brown out there.

I'd like to see Pruitt at PG with House at SG, Pierce at SF, Powe at PF, Perk(if hes not in foul trouble) at C as the second unit for just a couple of games.

Never gonna happen though, unless a TA trade is on the horizon IMO.

leaving his feet is probably the only thing that i dislike about TA, he's a role player, what do you want from him?

just now rondo fell for and upfake, saved himself, then when he really shot rondo didn't contest at all... SWISH.

TA is a roleplayer.  What I want from him is to fill his role.  I dont expect him to be a star or some kind of offensive force off the bench, or anything like that.  At the very least I think Tonys role on this team is STRONG defense at the 2 spot.  A guy who is skilled on the defensive end and a knowledgable defensive player doesnt jump on every pump fake.  It's really irritating.

Like I said, and I know this has been beat to death on these boards, but I dont expect him to be a star on this team, but not being able to stay on your feet on defense, driving to the hoop with your head down, and taking the ball to the hoop by yourself and getting fouled on the break when you could have just passed the ball to a teammate for an easy layup is very frustrating.

In a dream world, id just like to take him out, and put Pruitt in for a couple of games and see what happens.

the other part of his role is scoring, he's the only player on the second unit that can really create his own shot by driving to the basket.

Eddie is a catch&shoot player.
Leon is a post-up/ Putback player (secret weapon jumpshot)
BBD is a putback guy who's developing a jump shot
Scal is a catch&shoot guy

and the only ecception is pruitt who was a REALLY good scorer in college and has the potential to create his own looks.

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
would love to see scal and pob get big minutes in this half....rest for the starters is big before the portland game tuesday night

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i have the same sweater as donny marshall.  that is if he bought his at kohl's and not some rich newbury street-type boutique, lol

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 10:35:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
how did this kings team beat the lakers? whew...they don't have much talent at all

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 10:36:31 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Someone better clean Miller's clock for that illegal pick.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
TA has become more and more irritating everytime I watch him.  He hasnt really done anything notably wrong in this game, Im just really tired of watching him leave his feet on defense.

I'd almost rather have Kedrick Brown out there.

I'd like to see Pruitt at PG with House at SG, Pierce at SF, Powe at PF, Perk(if hes not in foul trouble) at C as the second unit for just a couple of games.

Never gonna happen though, unless a TA trade is on the horizon IMO.

leaving his feet is probably the only thing that i dislike about TA, he's a role player, what do you want from him?

just now rondo fell for and upfake, saved himself, then when he really shot rondo didn't contest at all... SWISH.

TA is a roleplayer.  What I want from him is to fill his role.  I dont expect him to be a star or some kind of offensive force off the bench, or anything like that.  At the very least I think Tonys role on this team is STRONG defense at the 2 spot.  A guy who is skilled on the defensive end and a knowledgable defensive player doesnt jump on every pump fake.  It's really irritating.

Like I said, and I know this has been beat to death on these boards, but I dont expect him to be a star on this team, but not being able to stay on your feet on defense, driving to the hoop with your head down, and taking the ball to the hoop by yourself and getting fouled on the break when you could have just passed the ball to a teammate for an easy layup is very frustrating.

In a dream world, id just like to take him out, and put Pruitt in for a couple of games and see what happens.

the other part of his role is scoring, he's the only player on the second unit that can really create his own shot by driving to the basket.

Eddie is a catch&shoot player.
Leon is a post-up/ Putback player (secret weapon jumpshot)
BBD is a putback guy who's developing a jump shot
Scal is a catch&shoot guy

and the only ecception is pruitt who was a REALLY good scorer in college and has the potential to create his own looks.

Thats exactly why I'd like to see TA and Pruitt switch for a few games and see what happens, youre right about Tony and his ability to score, but so far wouldnt you agree its only been mediocre?  Lets see how Pruitt responds with a heavier role on the team.  Just my opinion.
Greg

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2008, 10:37:59 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
how did this kings team beat the lakers? whew...they don't have much talent at all

I assume Sheldon Williams an Kenny Thomas are hurt.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2008, 10:40:30 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Done.

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2008, 10:41:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

I assume Sheldon Williams an Kenny Thomas are hurt.

Did Kevin Martin play in that Laker game too? Garcia is having an off night/injury woes too. There are some pieces, but the Kings have miles to go before they are respectable again.

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 10:42:09 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
good...looks like a 4th quarter of rest for the starters tonight

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2008, 10:42:43 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Done.

I was hoping for Perk, but still glad to see someone step up.

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2008, 10:45:01 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
First time Ive ever seen Perk point at an official after a foul called on him and say "Youre right."
Greg

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2008, 10:46:59 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well i think the GS loss was emotional and tired legs...a day off has been good for this team...anxious to see how they respond in portland tuesday

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
well i think the GS loss was emotional and tired legs...a day off has been good for this team...anxious to see how they respond in portland tuesday

the portland game should be a great one.  especially since broy is going bananas lately!

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2008, 10:49:46 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
KG!