Author Topic: Is this suppose to be a joke??? Man is this guys ego huge! (Lebron Article)  (Read 65204 times)

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
LOL....I got a good laugh out of the 2 articles.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:57:06 PM by Rashi »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
That was from CelticsTown and yes I am saying his work ethic isn't that of a Durant, Bryants, etc.

What evidence do you have of that?

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
That was from CelticsTown and yes I am saying his work ethic isn't that of a Durant, Bryants, etc.

R there any articles of those guys like this LeBron one and you can just tell by there persona. 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

He would've fixed his jumper by now. Lebron isn't a gym rat like Ray, Kobe, Durant, or ever Rose. And he sure isn't a student of the game like a lot of those guys. He might be better than all of them, but most of it's natural God-Given talent.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

He would've fixed his jumper by now. Lebron isn't a gym rat like Ray, Kobe, Durant, or ever Rose. And he sure isn't a student of the game like a lot of those guys. He might be better than all of them, but most of it's natural God-Given talent.

I don't think his jumper is broken.  He is not Ray Allen, but Lebron has made himself into a relatively dangerous perimeter shooter...particularly off the dribble.  Although the lack of a low post game is a bit [dang]ing. 

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
lol... big deal?  He was partying in vegas.  What's wrong with that?  It's not like Paul Pierce and several of the Celtics don't do the same thing.

Nothing about this article really changed my opinion of him.  This whole fiasco has actually made me respect him more. 

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  This whole fiasco has actually made me respect him more. 

R u kidding me how can you give this guy any respect!

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Because he's the most dominant player in the NBA and decided he didn't want to play in a crappy city like Cleveland... for a pessimistic depressed loser fanbase who felt the burdon of their failures should be placed on him... and for a moron owner like Dan Gilbert.  He decided he'd rather go play in South Beach... be a superstar at his peak and live the rockstar lifestyle with his buddies... and play for a competent organization lead by one of the NBA's masterminds.  I'm sure we'd all trade places with LeBron in a second...   He made a wise decision.  He's living the dream.    The championships and world envy will start pouring in before you know it.   

If you want to blame anyone... blame Boston's own Mark Wahlberg for producing "Entourage" and blame Danny Ainge for successfully bringing the "Big 3" to Boston.  The New York-centric media will continue to crap on LeBron for a while, because they are all butthurt he didn't go play for the Knicks, but lets be honest... this guy is living out the mid 20s male fantasy.  Can't hate him for that.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
btw when I was in Vegas last year for business, I was taking a taxi from the airport to Mandalay Bay and there was a brochure showing all the different attractions, events and night life.  On one page there was a shot of Paul Pierce surrounded by beautiful honies partying it up at Tao.  I decided, "If Tao is good enough for Paul Pierce... it's good enough for me".   Unfortunately we didn't plan ahead and didn't realize that Tao wouldn't let us in unless we had an equal number of females with us. 

We ended up at some club in the Luxor and the next night we ended up getting free passes to XS from a guy who works at Encore (the other club mentioned in the article).  Found out from the guy that XS is the only club in Vegas that consistently brings in over a million dollars every Friday and Saturday night.  Partially because you need to reserve a table for at least 500 bucks and get bottle service (I think the bottles start at 300 each) even to get in the door.  Makes sense.  It was the craziest club I've ever been to, though.  Awesome experience.   Vegas is insane.  Those clubs are out of control.  I can sorta imagine what kind of VIP treatment high rolling celebrities get when they go there. Let's not be too naive, folks.  Nothing LeBron did in that article is out of the norm for a mid 20s sports mega-god when partying in Vegas.  Could have been a heck of a lot worse, really.   

That article was tame compared to what I imagine ACTUALLY happens when celebrities get VIP treatment at insane dance clubs. ;) 

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Because he's the most dominant player in the NBA and decided he didn't want to play in a crappy city like Cleveland... for a pessimistic depressed loser fanbase who felt the burdon of their failures should be placed on him... and for a moron owner like Dan Gilbert.  He decided he'd rather go play in South Beach... be a superstar at his peak and live the rockstar lifestyle with his buddies... and play for a competent organization lead by one of the NBA's masterminds.  I'm sure we'd all trade places with LeBron in a second...   He made a wise decision.  He's living the dream.    The championships and world envy will start pouring in before you know it.   

If you want to blame anyone... blame Boston's own Mark Wahlberg for producing "Entourage" and blame Danny Ainge for successfully bringing the "Big 3" to Boston.  The New York-centric media will continue to crap on LeBron for a while, because they are all butthurt he didn't go play for the Knicks, but lets be honest... this guy is living out the mid 20s male fantasy.  Can't hate him for that.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
LeBron James is a **edit** BAMF, to borrow a line from Dane Cook.  8)
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
LeBron James is a badass.

LeBron James is a can't say it on this site!

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The interwebz are blowing up with this LBJ article, our very own CelticsBlog even got a mention by Fanhouse:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/28/espn-pulls-story-showing-lebron-james-in-full-party-mode/
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

Wow

Strongly disagree with the first paragraph.
Strongly agree with the 2nd

I guess that deserves a TP
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Wow

Strongly disagree with the first paragraph.
Strongly agree with the 2nd

I guess that deserves a TP

Strongly disagree with both paragraphs.