Author Topic: 30 years from now Patriots Hall of Fame will be better than actual hall of fame.  (Read 31305 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So 30 years from now if you had God like ability and could have every player in the history of the world at peak ability who wins this game.....the players/coaches in the Patriots Hall of Fame or the players/coaches in the actual Hall of Fame and if they are in the Patriots Hall of Fame the other team can't have them?

The Pats will have the best coach, best QB, best TEs, best kickers, best guard.  And pro bowlers and Hall of Famers at virtually every position.

I don't see how they lose that.

Ok....let's go a little more apples to apples. What if it's just Patriots vs field just in the salary cap era? Now who wins?

I got Pats by 10 at Gillette, and by 4 on a neutral field

I should clarify the Pats get the player at the level he played for them. They don't get to pick Junior Seau and get him when he was great, when he only played a couple years for them at the end
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:57:57 PM by eja117 »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Talk about homerism...

Back in reality, the Steelers beat the Patriots straight up and it probably isn't even close. While the Patriots can claim an advantage in QB, TE, K and perhaps a couple of other positions (as for guard, Alan Faneca can match up against John Hannah), the Patriots probably lose at virtually every defensive position matched against the Steelers.

You can take almost any other position and the Steelers all time team would stomp the Patriots, specially in depth. Take for instance RB. Who are the Patriots going to throw out there? Jim Nance and Mosi Tatupu? You want to match those guys against Harris and Bettis? At WR the Patriots can send out Moss, Fryar, Brown and Morgan but that pales in comparison to Swann, Stallworth, Brown and Ward. It's like this in almost every position and that's just against the Steelers. It'd be easy to do the same thing with the Cowboys, Packers and 49ers.

Against the field? The NFL all-time team would win by 50.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
LOL.

Look, I know that you Bostonians have been spoiled silly since 2000 (Celtics from 2007-13, Patriots success, Bruins success, Red Sox, etc, etc).....

But time to wake up.

My Washington Redskins (as well as quite a few other NFL teams) have quite a few honorable additions as well.

Stop sipping the Kool-Aid.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Wait wait wait. Did I just read Alan Faneca would match up equal with John Hannah?  Ok. Now that we've gotten past comedy hour I have a serious question. What JV coach and what JV quarterback would the Steelers trot out there?

John Stallworth and Lynn Swann? Wow. Just wow. So let me explain how that would go. Ty Law would hit Swan in the mouth and Rodney would knock pretty boy Stallworth into next Wednesday and if they go across the middle one of the many Pats LBs will end them.

Bettis? Did we just cite Bettis?  The Pats routinely dealt with far better RBs and beat them.

We saw rookie Brady beat a Rams team with Marshall Faulk on it and Brady's running back in that was JR Redmon and his TE was Jermaine Wiggins.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The only reason this is even close is because the Pats were horrid (with one good 1985 year) until Parcells got here.

Honestly the Pats backups (Bledsoe and Grogan) vs Peyton Manning or Brett Farve....I'm just not worried. Not at all.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Also we get to change the rules back to the way they were before the NFL started changing rules to help Peyton Manning at the expense of the Patriots.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Can we deflate balls, too ;D :)  J/K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otm4RusESNU

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
No but you can take HGH

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Wait wait wait. Did I just read Alan Faneca would match up equal with John Hannah?  Ok. Now that we've gotten past comedy hour I have a serious question. What JV coach and what JV quarterback would the Steelers trot out there?

John Stallworth and Lynn Swann? Wow. Just wow. So let me explain how that would go. Ty Law would hit Swan in the mouth and Rodney would knock pretty boy Stallworth into next Wednesday and if they go across the middle one of the many Pats LBs will end them.

Bettis? Did we just cite Bettis?  The Pats routinely dealt with far better RBs and beat them.

We saw rookie Brady beat a Rams team with Marshall Faulk on it and Brady's running back in that was JR Redmon and his TE was Jermaine Wiggins.

Seriously dude, you're insane or trolling. Either way have fun playing with yourself.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
No but you can take HGH

LOL!

I seriously hope Peyton meets NE in the playoffs...I really do.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I guess you don't watch football.

Remember when Peyton Manning came to Gillette with multiple pro bowl receivers and running backs?

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark (pro bowler), Edgerine James, Marcus Pollard (very competent TE but never a pro bowler) and two pro bowl OLs to protect him (Jeff Saturday, Tarik Glenn)?  How'd that go? 

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
No but you can take HGH

LOL!

I seriously hope Peyton meets NE in the playoffs...I really do.
So do we.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
After this game I'm gonna go watch the Celtics...which is another team which if they had a Hall of Fame would beat the field.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I can finally see why Lakers fans think WE'RE crazy, LOL.

I guess ALL fan bases have a fringe.

You are PRICELESS, eja - don't let anyone tell you differently.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Talk about homerism...

Back in reality, the Steelers beat the Patriots straight up and it probably isn't even close. While the Patriots can claim an advantage in QB, TE, K and perhaps a couple of other positions (as for guard, Alan Faneca can match up against John Hannah), the Patriots probably lose at virtually every defensive position matched against the Steelers.

You can take almost any other position and the Steelers all time team would stomp the Patriots, specially in depth. Take for instance RB. Who are the Patriots going to throw out there? Jim Nance and Mosi Tatupu? You want to match those guys against Harris and Bettis? At WR the Patriots can send out Moss, Fryar, Brown and Morgan but that pales in comparison to Swann, Stallworth, Brown and Ward. It's like this in almost every position and that's just against the Steelers. It'd be easy to do the same thing with the Cowboys, Packers and 49ers.

Against the field? The NFL all-time team would win by 50.

TP.....loved those Steeler teams.

And you think that the OP is homerism, Boston sports radio is 95% patriots/Red Sox, 3% Bs and maybe 2% our Cs. All day all the time, which is unfortunately reflective of the interest of fans around here.

The deification of some of these guys, Brady in particular is pretty sad.