Author Topic: 2023-2024 NCAAF Official Thread  (Read 59091 times)

Re: 2023-2024 NCAAF Official Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2023, 10:52:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
OMG they pulled it out. ND still sucks. Ha
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2023, 11:52:24 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Colorado already down 13-0 early in the 1st to Oregon. They'll get crushed today and next week.

Oregon is toying with them and it's only early second quarter.  Fake punt on their own 17 yard line.
That is the ultimate sign of disrespect.  You're just not in our league so I can make a really dumb play call.

Lanning (Oregon's HC) had some pretty strong words in both the pregame speech to his team and the quick halftime interview he just did. Basically dissing Prime and Colorado. Though tbh I think we'll see a lot more of this in the coming weeks with USC and others too. Colorado did kind of act cocky over the past few weeks and I think they're gonna get humbled real soon. The fans and media love it but I think these other teams/players are getting sick of Prime and the Colorado players and all the shenanigans. Even Colorado State's coach did it last week to them and nearly pulled off the upset

I doubt there’s any hard feelings from anyone, you do what you have to do to motivate your team at the start of the game. what was probably a bigger diss to Coach Prime was the fact thst Nix was still in there when they were 40 zip up and all the 2 pt conversions they took, just a sign they didn’t rate the CO defense at all. It’s not so much Colorado as the media thst has put them on and hyped them up, because it’s kind of a Cinderella story considering where they were last year. But like Hauser until ther teams figured out he could shoot if he was open, they’re not going to be surprising anyone anymore. That was a brutal onslaught from Oregon though, they definitely looked a class above.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 12:18:57 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2023, 12:18:08 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Notre Dame only had 10 players on the field for the last play.  Classic Notre Dame.

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2023, 12:43:51 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Colorado already down 13-0 early in the 1st to Oregon. They'll get crushed today and next week.

Oregon is toying with them and it's only early second quarter.  Fake punt on their own 17 yard line.
That is the ultimate sign of disrespect.  You're just not in our league so I can make a really dumb play call.

It was critical too.  CU finally got a stop and they'd have good field position after the punt.

Instead Oregon brings it down the field, scores and instead of getting the ball midfield down by 13 the Buffs go down 21
Oregon would have blown away CU regardless of the success of that play.  CU didn't have anything offensively or defensively for Oregon.  522 total yards to 199 total yards.

No doubt.  I just meant at that point it was still potentially interesting.  After that play even Lloyd Christmas knew there wasn't a chance.

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2023, 08:30:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Notre Dame only had 10 players on the field for the last play.  Classic Notre Dame.
what makes it worse is it was the final 2 plays, the incomplete pass and then the run.  That is shear incompetence
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2023, 10:10:03 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
It'll be VERY interesting to see how the PAC-12 does going forward. 4 great teams in USC, Oregon, Washington, Utah. And even Washington State looks pretty good, could play some spoilers along the way like they did last night against Oregon State. They all pretty much play each other as well in the future (USC, Washington, Oregon, Utah). Could affect rankings and potential CFP odds.

I know Caleb Williams is the projected #1 pick and potential Heisman favorite, but Penix Jr has also been awesome and I feel like every time I see Washington, they are winning big and Penix has some insane statline like 300+ yards passing, 4 TDs regularly.

If they keep winning, including with some upsets I can see them in the playoffs. They feel like a true darkhorse threat to me, even over USC/Oregon.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2023, 08:48:24 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
BC already down 21-0 and might become 28-0 soon... in the 2nd quarter.

Really is sad to see what the program has become. Can't find any competent QB and Hafley is a colossal joke. No clue how he's still HC

I'm not even an alumni there but have friends who are (or currently attending) and live in the Boston area, but they really are irrelevant now. Even within the ACC nobody cares about them

Don't get me started......

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2023, 10:40:10 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a PAC-12 team in the playoffs this year, probably Oregon or Washington. Idk but USC just seems to always end up choking somehow and their defense is still terrible. Even against AZ State they looked iffy for most of the game and I think the voters feel this way too hence the drop from 6 to 8 in the polls.

On a complete side note, I still like Mac Jones and think he's getting screwed by the lack of talent around him. But if the Pats have a Top-14 pick and Penix Jr. is available, I'd be very tempted to take him. I love watching him and he just seems to light it up every game. I do find it a bit surprising some mocks don't even consider him a 1st round QB though. Is he much worse than the likes of Maye, Bo Nix, Ewers, etc.?

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2023, 08:04:39 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a PAC-12 team in the playoffs this year, probably Oregon or Washington. Idk but USC just seems to always end up choking somehow and their defense is still terrible. Even against AZ State they looked iffy for most of the game and I think the voters feel this way too hence the drop from 6 to 8 in the polls.

On a complete side note, I still like Mac Jones and think he's getting screwed by the lack of talent around him. But if the Pats have a Top-14 pick and Penix Jr. is available, I'd be very tempted to take him. I love watching him and he just seems to light it up every game. I do find it a bit surprising some mocks don't even consider him a 1st round QB though. Is he much worse than the likes of Maye, Bo Nix, Ewers, etc.?
I agree with you on Mac but don't see why you think Penix would be an upgrade.  Penix is a 6th year senior playing against Pac-12 defenses.  Pac-12 defenses are mostly garbage.  Bo Nix couldn't get it done against SEC defenses and then he goes to the Pac-12 and becomes a Heisman candidate.  Personally I wouldn't take either in the 1st round. 

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2023, 09:19:10 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Not as loaded as last week but some interesting games.  Already had Oregon State knock off Utah. 

USC @ Colorado  USC should obliterate Colorado but their swiss cheese defense may allow Colorado to keep it close. 
Clemson @ Syracuse   A Clemson loss would put them at 2-3. 
Texas A&M @ Arkansas      A&M lost their starting QB and they might be looking ahead to the Bama matchup next week. 
Florida @ Kentucky   Kentucky is 4-0 but haven't played anyone with a pulse. 
Georgia @ Auburn    Georgia should obliterate Auburn but strange things happen playing at Auburn. 
Kansas @ Texas   Both teams are 4-0.  Does Texas revert to form and start showing they are fools gold? 
LSU @ Ole Miss     Losing big to FSU and barely beating Arky at home.  How overrated was LSU?   
Notre Dame @ Duke   Can Notre Dame rebound from their tough loss?

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2023, 11:09:43 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I agree with you on Mac but don't see why you think Penix would be an upgrade.  Penix is a 6th year senior playing against Pac-12 defenses.  Pac-12 defenses are mostly garbage.  Bo Nix couldn't get it done against SEC defenses and then he goes to the Pac-12 and becomes a Heisman candidate.  Personally I wouldn't take either in the 1st round.

Ultimately I wouldn't either, but if someone falls to the 2nd round maybe since it's a pretty loaded and deep QB class, I'd consider taking a flier on them to develop behind Mac. At the very least, we can also have a great backup since for some reason it seems the Pats have soured on Zappe even as a backup. But honestly, we're still many months away from thinking about the Draft so I'm not going to get too caught up into it. I just think this year's PAC-12 is pretty loaded, intriguing and has a lot of great QBs which should make it very exciting.

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2023, 11:12:54 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Not as loaded as last week but some interesting games.  Already had Oregon State knock off Utah. 

USC @ Colorado  USC should obliterate Colorado but their swiss cheese defense may allow Colorado to keep it close. 
Texas A&M @ Arkansas      A&M lost their starting QB and they might be looking ahead to the Bama matchup next week. 
Georgia @ Auburn    Georgia should obliterate Auburn but strange things happen playing at Auburn. 
Kansas @ Texas   Both teams are 4-0.  Does Texas revert to form and start showing they are fools gold? 
LSU @ Ole Miss     Losing big to FSU and barely beating Arky at home.  How overrated was LSU?   

If Duke beats Notre Dame, then I think they can suddenly have a shot at playoffs. They'd still have games against ranked FSU and UNC, and probably would be Top-12 if they beat ND. Pretty cool seeing Duke playing well this season.

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2023, 11:26:33 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

You seem to have neglected Virginia @ Boston College.

Seriously, though.  Really looking forward to that ND/Duke game.  I actually think this ND team is really solid (which pains me to say) and think they bounce back tonight.

I was on the LSU train at the beginning of the season. Have a futures bet on them so  I'll still ride but they have me nervous for sure.

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2023, 11:30:19 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
I'm heading out soon to see the Maryland - Indiana game.  Terps are 4-0 with easy wins over Virginia and Michigan State.  They have a solid qb in Taulia Tagovailoa.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2023, 12:09:46 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Didn't take long for USC to get on the board.