Author Topic: Celtics locker room issue  (Read 6830 times)

Celtics locker room issue
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:16:59 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
Hey guys, did somebody see this? Is this Gary legit? Never heard about him here in Brazil. Is the locker room that bad? Do you know about guys not been close? Are there any friends in the team?
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

Re: Celtics locker room issue
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:36:34 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Washburn is a beat reporter so he probably knows what he’s talking about.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 07:37:53 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Baynes, Hayward and I believe Morris are close. They all have kids.

Kyrie wanted Hayward to join him in CLE.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 07:42:12 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
I think I saw somebody say here a few days ago that Kyrie loved Smart. Is that accurate?
I know this seems like teenage gossip, but I think having a broken locker room is very harmful in sports. I played soccer here in Brazil and it is very awkward when guys don't get along but have to see each other everyday and rely on that particular guy to play succesfully
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 07:46:16 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I think they’re alot of odd personalities on the team.

Hell, just start with Kyrie.  Nice guy, but sorta strange. 

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 07:50:13 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
probably the young guys vs. the veterans.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 07:56:53 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I think I saw somebody say here a few days ago that Kyrie loved Smart. Is that accurate?
I know this seems like teenage gossip, but I think having a broken locker room is very harmful in sports. I played soccer here in Brazil and it is very awkward when guys don't get along but have to see each other everyday and rely on that particular guy to play succesfully

True.

The problem with the Celts is they have too much depth.

Some Celtic fans said it's a good problem to have.

Yeah, until something like this happens.

They're only human.

Sooner or later one or some will complain because of the lack of playing time and touches.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 07:57:14 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford

That's what I think it's happening. If it is, it needs to be solved asap. There is no way a team can win only with veterans nor only with youngsters. Everybody is needed
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 08:07:26 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
“Truth is, I’m not necessarily playing the minutes that I want, the role that I want, that selfishly I would want for myself,” Celtics star Kyrie Irving said last Friday. “And that all goes on the back burner in terms of being patient with what I have to do to grow as a leader of this team and help these other young guys to be more prepared for what they will encounter as they get older in this league and then what we’re going through right now.”

Condescending and pretentious as it gets - this is the attitude that Irving walks around with every day. If you have ever been around someone like this, you know how those around him react - they are put off and are insulted.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 08:11:09 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
This is all BS. Winning cures all. Just play the guys that play to win every game. If Kyrie is 3-17 and Rozier has 17 points off the bench, play Rozier to finish the game. The next game Kyrie will make sure he plays better. Stevens hasn't even created competition from within the team...no one is worried about losing minutes.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 08:14:39 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

That's what I think it's happening. If it is, it needs to be solved asap. There is no way a team can win only with veterans nor only with youngsters. Everybody is needed

the problem is that the Young guys feel entitled since they lead the team to the ECF last year. At this point one would think they would be humbled. But nope...

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 08:18:41 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
bottom line, you're coach is supposed to get the players to play together.

why is everyone so afraid to say it or believe it? ask yourself the question what's easier to acquire? talent? or coaching?

"too much talent"? that's the stupidest phrase ever uttered. look at the laker team del harris coached that they were ready to blow up - the same team phil Jackson won a championship with.

brad stevens sabotaged this season when he insisted on starting hayward when he clearly wasn't ready and barely looks deserving of a roster spot at this point. which makes him look even stupider, and it clearly is the reason for everything because stevens even acknowledged the issue by coming to his senses and taking him out of the starting line up.

everybody that lost in the ECF last yr. was ready to pick up where they left off. stevens killed that momentum along with the chemistry of the team.

everything that's happened with this team has been a trickle down from this. Jaylen and morris? this happens when a coach can't get the players to play together.

a great NBA coach gets the egos to play together(look at that laker team). x's and o's is such a minor detail when it comes to this league....

a bad coach can make even the best teams horrible(again look at that laker team).

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 08:22:12 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
also another thing that's been lost in all this stevens cluster-f!@#... 1st and 2nd yr. players don't typically carry a team to a conference finals. yeah bench one of those guys for a one legged guy...

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 08:25:25 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

the problem is that the Young guys feel entitled since they lead the team to the ECF last year. At this point one would think they would be humbled. But nope...

True.

It is what it is.