Author Topic: 2020 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 111358 times)

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 02:16:45 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Sources: The Warriors and Bulls have discussed a trade that’d send the second pick in exchange for the fourth pick and Wendell Carter Jr. # @ringer

Sounds like Bulls trying to secure Wiseman

GSW get Carter Jr. plus someone like Avdija, Haliburton or Vassell  with the 4th.  Which would help their immediate needs/make a run now

I don't think Carter and Avdija make them better this year.  Carter is still not close to a finished product.  Thought Warriors wanted more experienced help. Which is why I thought Celtic offer of Hayward (assuming they make that offer) would be more attractive to them.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-could-celtics-trade-warriors-move-top-three

If the Bulls want to dangle Wendell Carter and #4, and GS is willing to take our picks and Smart for #2, I think a 3 way works out really well for us.

I appreciate what Smart brings to the table, but Carter is pretty much exactly what we want in a young center, and we'd also have #4, which could be another high quality guy. I'd do that.

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2020, 02:21:38 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Sources: The Warriors and Bulls have discussed a trade that’d send the second pick in exchange for the fourth pick and Wendell Carter Jr. # @ringer

GSW get Carter Jr. plus someone like Avdija, Haliburton or Vassell  with the 4th.  Which would help their immediate needs/make a run now

I don't think Carter and Avdija make them better this year.  Carter is still not close to a finished product.  Thought Warriors wanted more experienced help. Which is why I thought Celtic offer of Hayward (assuming they make that offer) would be more attractive to them.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-could-celtics-trade-warriors-move-top-three

If the Bulls want to dangle Wendell Carter and #4, and GS is willing to take our picks and Smart for #2, I think a 3 way works out really well for us.

I appreciate what Smart brings to the table, but Carter is pretty much exactly what we want in a young center, and we'd also have #4, which could be another high quality guy. I'd do that.

I cannot see a scenario where the Celtics trade Smart.

Kemba, Hayward, Picks, Bench pieces are all available

Tatum, Brown, Smart pretty much off the table completely.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell

For a quality long term solution at center and another #4?

Marcus Smart is good, but he's not that good.

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

For a quality long term solution at center and another #4?

Marcus Smart is good, but he's not that good.

They can get that with Kemba, Gordon and or the picks.

I am confident that if Chicago is asking about Kemba that team could get WCJr and Porter Jr for Kemba and a pick or Timelord.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2020, 02:26:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Time Lord is better than Carter IMO. I don't see the attraction. I'd rather trade Hayward to GSW and get the 2nd pick.  I'd be willing to take back Wiggins if that's what it took.

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Time Lord is better than Carter IMO. I don't see the attraction. I'd rather trade Hayward to GSW and get the 2nd pick.  I'd be willing to take back Wiggins if that's what it took.

Sadly, I would do that trade with GSW. I trust Ainge can pick right with that high a pick. Wiggins, although overpaid and an underachiever, still has a lot of talent and athleticism. If he can find his confidence in a reserve role where the pressure isn’t as great, he may blossom.

Still would rather see Hayward stay. But if not, I would do this deal.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2020, 02:43:18 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell

We all have our opinions. Let's take another look at Timelord vs Carter in a few months. I personally don't think its close. Carter is 1 1/2 years younger. He's bigger, he's much stronger and he's got far more skills. He's also very smart and has a great attitude. I think he'd be ideal.

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Timelord is most certainly not better than WCJ
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2020, 03:51:00 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Saw where Cole Anthony make drop into 2nd round
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2020, 03:55:59 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30321844/the-pain-promise-top-nba-draft-prospect-anthony-edwards

Is this guy for real? Anthony Edwards saying things like how he can't watch basketball, and how he'd let basketball go if he was drafted to the NFL? This is not only a massive red flag for his motor and commitment to basketball, this also makes me wonder how smart this guy actually is. Why would you say this stuff days before the draft?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »

Online gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30321844/the-pain-promise-top-nba-draft-prospect-anthony-edwards

Is this guy for real? Saying things like how he can't watch basketball, and how he'd let basketball go if he was drafted to the NFL? This is not only a massive red flag for his motor and commitment to basketball, this also makes me wonder how smart this guy actually is. Why would you say this stuff days before the draft?

I heard speculation he was intentionally tanking to avoid certain top teams. If not, not a good look.

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2020, 04:06:20 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Is this guy for real? Saying things like how he can't watch basketball, and how he'd let basketball go if he was drafted to the NFL? This is not only a massive red flag for his motor and commitment to basketball, this also makes me wonder how smart this guy actually is. Why would you say this stuff days before the draft?
I heard speculation he was intentionally tanking to avoid certain top teams. If not, not a good look.
I guess, but there are far better ways to do that that don't make you look like an absolute idiot. This dude just said that he wants to be in the the NFL because he can celebrate better!

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2020, 04:18:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Is this guy for real? Anthony Edwards saying things like how he can't watch basketball, and how he'd let basketball go if he was drafted to the NFL? This is not only a massive red flag for his motor and commitment to basketball, this also makes me wonder how smart this guy actually is. Why would you say this stuff days before the draft?
“I wish I was an NFL player so I could be a flog on the field” is the essence... what?? Surely his manager would have stopped this if he wasn’t avoiding teams, right? Crazy.

I got a chuckle out of his siblings being named Antoine and Antoinette
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

“I wish I was an NFL player so I could be a flog on the field” is the essence... what?? Surely his manager would have stopped this if he wasn’t avoiding teams, right? Crazy.

I got a chuckle out of his siblings being named Antoine and Antoinette
Honestly, I wouldn't draft him in the top 5 after saying something so monumentally dumb. How can you trust a guy to improve his craft when he doesn't give a crap about it? It's Wiggins all over again.

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2020, 04:44:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
The Celtics and Warriors discussed a deal that would send Marcus Smart to the Warriors for the No. 2 pick, but ultimately talks fell through, league sources tell
@ActionNetworkHQ

Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
·
5m
Replying to
@HPbasketball
 and
@ActionNetworkHQ
Not clear on which side ended those talks, and I absoolutely do NOT think this means the Celtics are shopping Smart any more than they shop everyone all the time because the front office does their dilligance.

The belief among league observers is that the Celtics have targeted Memphis center James Wiseman, looking to upgrade their frontcourt while keeping their core together. The Celtics have also entertained talks for Gordon Hayward in a potential sign-and-trade and Kemba Walker.

None of this is exceptional given that Celtics general manager Danny Ainge haS a long-standing history of making all players available in trade talks in pursuit of upgrades. The Celtics’ request of a No. 2 pick, even in a weak draft, is a sign of how much they value Smart.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team