Author Topic: Ainge has called 10 free agents; Lue, Dice among them  (Read 11083 times)

Re: Ainge has called 10 free agents; Lue, Dice among them
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 09:16:06 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Lue is a phenomenal shooter and underrated as a pg. I am not surprised to see him on this list. He will get the vet minimum while Marbury will be asking for more than that.

I would definitely add Dahntay Jones to that list, like Roy said. Wouldn't be surprised to see Oberto as one of the eventual contacts.

Lue is not and will never be phenomenal at anything in his life
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Lue is a phenomenal shooter and underrated as a pg. I am not surprised to see him on this list. He will get the vet minimum while Marbury will be asking for more than that.

I would definitely add Dahntay Jones to that list, like Roy said. Wouldn't be surprised to see Oberto as one of the eventual contacts.

Lue is not and will never be phenomenal at anything in his life
Hey he's a nice guy and rode one good Finals into a decent payday.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 09:20:28 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
maybe hes a nice guy, but i stand by my statement, he is not phenomenal whatsoever
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
I would be totally fine with off-season signings as follows:

1. Sheed
2. Hill/Parker/(some other solid backup 2/3)
3. Lue/Marbury
(4. Oberto/R. Swift)

Let Big Baby walk if needed, and sign Powe in February.

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I refuse to be a Celtics fan if we sign Lue. I will root for the Charlotte Bobcats to win it all.

Seriously, the dude was 3rd string behind Alston and Carter. And you want him to play 10-20 minutes behind Rondo?

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I refuse to be a Celtics fan if we sign Lue. I will root for the Charlotte Bobcats to win it all.

Seriously, the dude was 3rd string behind Alston and Carter. And you want him to play 10-20 minutes behind Rondo?

I don't want anyone playing 20 minutes behind Rondo. 10 minutes a game is plenty.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Hmm...  Your loyalty runs that deep, huh?

Lue wouldn't be first on my list, either, but if we use the entire MLE on one player (i.e., Rasheed) there's not going to be much money left to otherwise fill out the roster.  If Starbury will sign for roughly $2 million or less (with non-Bird rights), then sure, he's a better option than Lue.  However, I wouldn't pass on a solid big man simply to upgrade the team from Lue to another backup PG.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 09:59:34 AM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
I'd rather Marbury then Lue.

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 10:01:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Lue wouldn't be first on my list, either, but if we use the entire MLE on one player (i.e., Rasheed) there's not going to be much money left to otherwise fill out the roster.  If Starbury will sign for roughly $2 million or less (with non-Bird rights), then sure, he's a better option than Lue.  However, I wouldn't pass on a solid big man simply to upgrade the team from Lue to another backup PG.
Lue would be our 3rd string PG behind Eddie. We need to get a wing/big much more than a backup point.

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 10:03:36 AM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Clearly I was joking.

But even if we don't sign Marbury, I wouldn't want to sign Lue. Ok, so how about he is our 3rd string behind House. Then I ask you, what did we just waste 2 million on Tyrone Lue for? If we want someone who is unable to score from the top and just get the ball across, we can get that for free from House.

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I may defect if we sign lue.  I think he inherrited the title of worst guard in the NBA after we cut Allen Ray a couple of years ago

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
I'm pretty sure Danny wants Marbury, and he has said that both him and Steph need to figure out what they want first before making any decisions. Steph has said that he's going to sign if the Celtics want him back. Lue is just Plan B or C.

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 10:26:47 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Here's my guess at the 10
Definite:
1. Sheed
2. Parker
3. Lue
4. McDyess
5. Big Baby
6. Marbury
Guesses:
7. Marion
8. Artest
9. Odom
10. Gortat

I think Hill and Barnes are more likely candidates than your guesses.  Of those 4, maybe Gortat.  Marion, Artest and Odom would all need the full MLE to be signed and Danny knows (or should know) he needs that $ for a big man off the bench.

Yeah, I'd definitely add Hill to the list.  He's a Doc favorite, and wasn't there a report that we contacted him?

Also, we may have touched base with Dahntay Jones agent.  (He makes sense, just not on a big contract.)
I forgot Jones.  I'd prefer Hill or Barnes over him but it makes sense he'd be on Danny's radar.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 10:31:06 AM »

Offline dannypanic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Would love to see Sheed and DICE here

Parker would be serviceable

Bobby Jackson may be a nice option at backup PG

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 11:09:35 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Wow. There is some SERIOUS scorn here for Tyronn Lue. I had no idea the depth of hate for a career backup went so deep. Is there a Lue vs. Celtics story that I'm not aware of or has Lue made some disparaging remark about the Celtics or their fans in the past?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...