Author Topic: Ideal Free Agents for the C's.  (Read 4386 times)

Re: Ideal Free Agents for the C's.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
isn't Ron Artest a free agent?  He'd probably be ideal

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 03:34:09 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
A guy nobody is talking about is Josh Childress.

He's entering the prime of his career and I am pretty sure his contract is up in Europe.  He's got the length to defend the SF position very well, and has always had great bball IQ to go along with deadly outside shooting. 

Not sure what it would cost us, but given the lack of hype surrounding him, it shouldn't break the bank.  More importantly, he could potentially be our 6th man for for the rest of the Paul Pierce era, unlike a guy like Hill who would be one and done.

What scares me is that we need to potentially give out 3 MLE-size-like contracts this year; one to a big like McDyess, one to re-sign Baby, and one to a SF to backup Pierce.  Wyc is going to have to Man-Up, because addressing only 1 of those 3 needs will not get it done next year.

People have talked about it, but it's a long shot because he's in Europe and because Atlanta could match any offer for him.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25

I agree, he would be ideal. he still produces very well too. He averaged 17 points 5 boards and 3 assists last year which is very nice. If he was willing to take a pay cut (he is making $7.4 mil right now) and doesnt mind being a backup then it would be a great fit.
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 03:47:29 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
When did Matt Barnes start playing good defense?   Not saying he wouldn't be useful for the LLE.   

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 04:04:47 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Any would combo of 2 or 3 would be awesome

Rasheed Wallace (Talent undeniable)

Antonio McDyess (Good Rebounder & solid pick & pop player)

Zaza Pachulia  (Toughness & Grit)

Ron Artest (Lockdown defender with all-around offense game also)

Grant Hill (Solid Pro who can do anything you want him to)

Stephon Marbury (Still elite if given the time & chance)

Allen Iverson (6th man of the year, but could he adjust?)

Jason Kidd (Only a great fit if Rondo is gone, He deserves to start for a championship team & he mirrors Rondo's game)

Gerald Green (Unbelievably talented scorer without ever having learned the game from the best, The Big 3 could do wonders for his development in trying to become a complete ball player)

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
I'd love to get Artest, and now that it looks like the Rockets might be out of contention this year, with McGrady out for a large portion of the season and Yao probably done for at least this season if not forever, he might consider signing with us.

Only problem is he'd definitely command the full MLE and we'd still have a hole to fill at backup big, but if we got Oberto for the minimum and resigned BBD and Powe I'd say we'd be okay.  Artest would be a legit 6th man.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

with the reveal on yao, the rockets are going to be more inclined than ever to try to keep ron ron...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 04:14:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

with the reveal on yao, the rockets are going to be more inclined than ever to try to keep ron ron...

Will they?  It all depends on whether they think they can be a legit playoff team still, and is just being a playoff team and not a contender good enough?  I suppose they can still look forward to McGrady coming back, and Battier, Artest, Brooks, Scola, and Landry isn't a bad lineup...but one has to think if Yao is deemed to be done they might consider going into rebuild mode, and that would leave Artest out of the picture.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
These are the FA players I would want in Green. What are your FA Hopefuls?

1) A. Mcdyess or R. Wallace-  Either of these guy would be a huge lift for the bench both offensively and defensively.Both can alternate between the 4-5. I think Mcdyess would be a better option. Hes not as much of a wildcard.

2) B.Jackson or S. Marbury- After a full training camp with the C's, I think either player could be decent when Rondo is getting a rest. The C's need someone else who can run the offense and handle the ball under pressure.

3)G. Hill or M. Barnes- Grant Hill had a good season with the suns. However he is getting up there in age and has always been injury prone. Matt Barnes is probably the closest thing to filling the James Posey void. He plays good defense, shoots the three well, and can get to the rim.

4) L.Powe or Baby- Coin Flip

5) (Honorable Mention)
 Drew Gooden- if Rasheed or Mcdyess are not available. Hes young,decent offensively,and rebounds. Not sure about his defense.

Aaron Gray- Would not mind him coming in for Perk as a 2nd or 3rd Center. Hes 7'1, 270 and could help slow down Shaq. I saw him play against the Celtics this year and he looked like he could hold his own.

1. McDyess for less than MLE if it can be done.  

2. neither

3. Hills a nice piece although I doubt he can guard anyone.

4. Powe's out for long time.  I'm hoping for about 4 million a year for BBD.  Plus he's the better basketball player.

**** 5. No way in heck for Artest or Sheed, would rather lose.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 04:42:02 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Villanueva is a free agent.

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 04:54:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Villanueva is a free agent.

I was well aware of that when I made my list that did not include his name...