Author Topic: Twitter (Ric Bucher): Sheed not coming to the Cs  (Read 11736 times)

Re: Twitter (Ric Bucher): Sheed not coming to the Cs
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Look, McDyess is an Alabama guy and I still say screw him if he is stupid enough to stay in Detroit.  If Sheed is so hung up on starting, etc. then let's take a giant one on him and move on.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 10:16:41 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Look, McDyess is an Alabama guy and I still say screw him if he is stupid enough to stay in Detroit.  If Sheed is so hung up on starting, etc. then let's take a giant one on him and move on.

move on to what?

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 10:21:56 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

move on to what?

To Zaza or Gortat, they will brig us a championship!!!!!  ???

But seriously what else is out there for big men ? Unless we can somehow send a package of Scal, TA + BBD S+T for Marcus Camby. The Clips are trying to move one of their big men and Camby would be the easiest to move....

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

move on to what?

Centers:
Zaza
Gortat (but I suspect ORL will keep him as he is a RFA)
Varejao
Rasho
Mihm

Then there are always trade options.  Sadly, most of them involve using Ray Allen...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

move on to what?

But seriously what else is out there for big men ? Unless we can somehow send a package of Scal, TA + BBD S+T for Marcus Camby. The Clips are tying to move one of their big men and Camby would be the easiest to move....
Exactly.  There is always another option though it may not be our ideal one.

Listen, we can't make guys come here and frankly, do we really want someone that doesn't want to be a Celtic?

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
two down....hopefully somebody other than mikki moore wants to play in boston

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 10:35:53 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
That is one of the most depressing thoughts I've heard in a long time.  Tobin Bridge...here I come.  Wait.  I'm in Alabama.  Hanging out in north Birmingham after dark...here I come.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 10:36:46 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

move on to what?

But seriously what else is out there for big men ? Unless we can somehow send a package of Scal, TA + BBD S+T for Marcus Camby. The Clips are tying to move one of their big men and Camby would be the easiest to move....
Exactly.  There is always another option though it may not be our ideal one.

Listen, we can't make guys come here and frankly, do we really want someone that doesn't want to be a Celtic?

but that process landed us Mikki Moore last year. and as much as liked the effort Mikki gave, we need someone we can give a pretty major role to...

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 10:39:19 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I would rather have gortat or zaza then either mcdyess or wallace.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
I would rather have gortat or zaza then either mcdyess or wallace.
Really?  Let me guess, because they are younger?

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »

Offline Fat Johhny

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
He barely shows up most games. He is done please retire.

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 10:59:01 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
I suspected this and had an argument with what seemed was the whole board last night. I said the top notch FA's would not come because of taxes, weather and the fact they view us behind other contenders. Sure enough, one of the top players people have wanted here as a FA is already saying no. I hate to say I told you so but.......

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 11:00:01 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

How did McDyess get tossed into the "doesn't want to come to Boston" camp?

I'd still offer the all of the MLE to Marion, McDyess, Gooden

I'd split it between 2 of Pachulia, Jamario Moon (would LOVE to add him), Udoka, Birdman, Barnes, Dahntay Jones, James Singleton or Brandon Bass.

Another one of the guys on that split-MLE list coudl be had with the LLE (~$2M).

I'd love to add Ariza, Gortat, Ben Gordon but they'll all command more than the MLE, imo.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 11:03:47 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Only way to get good players to come to Boston is to draft them or trade for them. Rarely does a top FA ever sign with the C's.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think we need to wait on McDyess.  I know some reports say he wants to stay in Detroit, but honestly, why would he?  They aren't going to contend anytime soon and Detroit is probably the crappiest big city in the country.  I wouldn't necessarily buy the fact he isn't coming here yet. 

Let's also keep in mind that he was NOT on the Detroit team in '03-04 that won it all, so he still wants to add a championship to his resume`. 

And I think I really prefer him over Wallace.  Is Rasheed a better talent?  Yes.  But honestly, this team doesn't need game altering talents to win it all.  They just need reliable subs who Doc can trust.  In many ways, Dice is a P.J. Brown clone.  He's bangs, has good size, and can hit a 15 footer.  If he can give Perk 15 mpg in the playoffs and KG 10, hit the open jumper, get some rebounds, and play good team defense, they don't need to gamble on Sheed.