Author Topic: Has anyone heard about this Dahntay Jones rumor? Hoopshype - Stephen A Smith  (Read 12241 times)

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I don't mind, hopefully this mean we'll move TA then.

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Why would he leave a starting gig in Denver for a back-up role here behind 2 all-star big minute wing men?

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Why would he leave a starting gig in Denver for a back-up role here behind 2 all-star big minute wing men?

No.  Too small and can't shoot.  We need length.  Next!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I think he'd be a good fit in a backup role as long as it's not cutting into the MLE.  Suck to not have the money to sign McDyess  or 'Sheed because they gave Jones a portion of the MLE.  

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Dont like it. Come on Danny, I hope you have a better off season plan than simply signing Dahntay Jones. Didnt we have this guy and cut him in our preseason recently?? No thanks. Need a back up three and a big rather than another small wing to create a log jam... How many 6'5 and under guards does this team need on the bench? House, Marb, Allen, Pruitt, Walker, Giddens, Jones wouldnt be the right person to add here.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Screamin-a-Smith is now a twitter star? 

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
appears to be a nutcase with limited offensive skills.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Jones would take the LLE for two years I'd take him for a wing off the bench. He's 6'5"-6'6" and a very good defender at the 2 and 3. He's not going to be an offensive weapon off the bench but how many times were we lamenting the fact we had no one who could come in and be trusted with a good chunk of wing minutes and be defensively very good? Walker, Giddens, and Tony aren't going to be those guys next playoff season so we have to get someone who can do those things for Doc.

In conjunction with this move if they could trade Tony Allen for a bucket of spit, I'd take it.

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
If Jones would take the LLE for two years I'd take him for a wing off the bench. He's 6'5"-6'6" and a very good defender at the 2 and 3. He's not going to be an offensive weapon off the bench but how many times were we lamenting the fact we had no one who could come in and be trusted with a good chunk of wing minutes and be defensively very good? Walker, Giddens, and Tony aren't going to be those guys next playoff season so we have to get someone who can do those things for Doc.

In conjunction with this move if they could trade Tony Allen for a bucket of spit, I'd take it.
He might be listed at 6'5" or 6'6"but i doubt he is much over 6'3".

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I think he's about 6'6.  And all of a sudden, I like this a lot more:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z6BWYMjTs3c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z6BWYMjTs3c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Jay Wingspan Bilas

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

He measured at 6'6.25" in shoes at the predraft camp in 2003.

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

He measured at 6'6.25" in shoes at the predraft camp in 2003.

He looks much shorter than that.  I don't think he's as tall as Pierce.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
He can get up and throw down. Tough, Physical D and he'll get a steal or two a game , not much offense but we have Pierce, KG and Ray to score.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
our second unit would look like this if we sign Jones and BBD

PG: Marbury
SG: PP or Ray
SF: Jones
PF: BBD
 C: Vet FA

That looks like a quality 2nd unit that can score and defend. I wouldn't give Jones more than 2-3 MIL a year though.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
His reputation has out-grown his game