Author Topic: Has anyone heard about this Dahntay Jones rumor? Hoopshype - Stephen A Smith  (Read 12239 times)

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

He could be a nice fill-in shooter/bench guy - especially if we do move Ray.  What do you guys think?
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I just saw that a few minutes ago.  Interesting.  Definitely would love to get him through a trade involving Tony Allen.  I don't know if he would want to come back to a team that cut him the fall before they won a ring though.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I just saw that a few minutes ago.  Interesting.  Definitely would love to get him through a trade involving Tony Allen.  I don't know if he would want to come back to a team that cut him the fall before they won a ring though.

when did we gut dahntay jones? we drafted him in 2003 but traded him on a draft day deal.
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

He's a free agent. Also, I'm sure he doesn't mind that the Celtics kept him on the map.

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Isn't he a FA?  No need to trade, just sign him.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I was suprised how little PT he got with us that pre-season.

I think his inability to spread the floor probably rubbed Doc the wrong way.

He'd be great here, what Tony was supposed to be for us.

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
Exactly.  Wouldn't you be happy if you were him and had a chance to be a contributor to a contending team?  Not that the Nugs weren't "contenders" but the C's are still a very desireable team to sign with as a FA. 

He's a free agent. Also, I'm sure he doesn't mind that the Celtics kept him on the map.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

He could be a nice fill-in shooter/bench guy - especially if we do move Ray.  What do you guys think?

like TA, he can't shoot outside 1 foot. nice defender though...

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

He was a casualty of numbers more than anything that year.  With Posey, and Tony Allen showing he would be healthy, they did not need another backup wing.  

I think he would be a nice pickup this summer as a backup wing.  I would prefer someone like Hill, because of his offense, but he would give them a very nice defender off the bench, with a slightly higher BBIQ than Tony Allen.

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton

He was a casualty of numbers more than anything that year.  With Posey, and Tony Allen showing he would be healthy, they did not need another backup wing.  

I think he would be a nice pickup this summer as a backup wing.  I would prefer someone like Hill, because of his offense, but he would give them a very nice defender off the bench, with a slightly higher BBIQ than Tony Allen.

Slightly higher.....?

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Jones wouldn't be bad but isn't he like 6'4''?  I guess it's not a big deal but I think if he's our "wing backup" I'd want somebody a bit bigger who can get minutes at both the 2 and 3 and ideally even spot minutes at the 4.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
Jones wouldn't be bad but isn't he like 6'4''?  I guess it's not a big deal but I think if he's our "wing backup" I'd want somebody a bit bigger who can get minutes at both the 2 and 3 and ideally even spot minutes at the 4.

So you want James Posey back...?

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

So you want James Posey back...?

Yes please.  Somebody like that.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Slightly higher.....?

Eh, I don't think he is that much different from Allen.  He knows his limitations a little better, but he is still very flawed, and makes some boneheaded plays. 

I think ultimately, he is better suited to be the 4th wing on a team like this, rather than the 3rd.  But given what happened last year, I would still take him, since I am afraid we wouldn't get anyone better.  I wouldn't give him much more than the minimum though.

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Dahntay Jones?

oh yippee, banner 18 is ours.    ::)
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.