Author Topic: Durant: 'Some days I hate the circus of the NBA'  (Read 3438 times)

Re: Durant: 'Some days I hate the circus of the NBA'
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 10:25:10 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I may hold an unpopular opinion, but I like his honesty.
I also hate the circus of the NBA sometimes.
Telling the truth is rejuvenating, even if it is not "pretty" all the time.

I like honesty myself, I love it when athletes speak outside of the same ol song and dance!

The difference may be in me not believing he's being honest. He seems to say the things people want him to at a given time. He loves the Circus when he's the ring master but not so much when he's the elephant.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 10:34:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Is he crazy?

You can't go sign with the team , that just beat you (GSW) - and expects all things to be rosy.  This is what Ray Allen did to the Celtics

any other team and Durant likely gets a standing ovation etc. 

For him not to understand this = I don't understand him.  Sounds like he thinks about himself 1st/victim card

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 10:38:28 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I used to hate NBA stars because of what teams they played for(Magic, Dr. J, Kareem, etc.) and how well they played against the Celtics(Jason Kidd, Patrick Ewing, MJ).

Now I hate NBA stars because they are dinks(Boogie Cousins, Dwight Howard, LeBron, Durant, Kyrie) on a personal level and because of how they played while on the Celtics(Kyrie, Rozier).

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2019, 10:44:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I used to hate NBA stars because of what teams they played for(Magic, Dr. J, Kareem, etc.) and how well they played against the Celtics(Jason Kidd, Patrick Ewing, MJ).

Now I hate NBA stars because they are dinks(Boogie Cousins, Dwight Howard, LeBron, Durant, Kyrie) on a personal level and because of how they played while on the Celtics(Kyrie, Rozier).

Pretty much. I’d love to have guys like Magic and Kareem in the league. Guys who just do their jobs.  Give me more Tim Duncans and Grant Hills.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 10:47:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Wait really? I know Rozier sucked last year, but I'll always thank him for being a big part of our ECF run that the guy in front of him in your message never delivered despite promising that he will.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 11:08:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Wait really? I know Rozier sucked last year, but I'll always thank him for being a big part of our ECF run that the guy in front of him in your message never delivered despite promising that he will.
Don't want to turn this into a Rozier discussion but, yes, after Rozier's terrible, me first, performance from last year and then his comments afterward, it all caused me to now hate the guy. He played as un-Celticky as I have seen a Celtic play in a long, long time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:54:48 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

Don't want to turn this into a Rozier discussion but, yes, after Rozier's terrible, me first, performance from last year and then his comments afterward, it all caused me to now hate the guy. He played as un-Celticky as I have seen a Celtic play in a long, long time.

I'm a celtic fan through and through and have been for 35 years.  I didn't like last years Celtic team at all because of how they acted.  There wasn't a player on the team I didn't have issue with as a fan and some not for obvious reasons.  The NBA has allowed the players to take over the league.  Social media has also contributed as well.  I love the NBA but most athletes, IMO, in any sport are Divas.  They make millions, are put on a pedestal their entire lives and get free passes a lot.  I know guys who are still riding the accomplishments of their highschool or college sports days.  They still feel entitled because of how they were treated as athletes.  Sports is entertainment just like Television and Movies.  When you are in the spotlight everything you do is critiqued and when you are worshiped you gain an arrogance.  I do miss the days when athletes didn't make the kind of money they do now and were just hardcore.  Sports these days the guys are pansies.  For instance.  there was something on ESPN where a Tennessee Titans player was crying like a baby when he got a bear thrown in his face during the Browns game for jumping into the stands celebrating with a Titans Fan but taunting a Browns fan.  What do you think is going to happen?  I would never do that and think it's wrong but if you are going to interact and act like an **** to a drunk fan then you reap what you sow.  Years ago teams threw batteries, bottles etc.  That's dangerous and life threatening.  Getting a beer dumped on you because you were acting like an asshat.  Not a big deal.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:55:34 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 03:17:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is one of the bigtime ringleaders of the circus with his twitter wars etc.

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 04:10:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Is he crazy?

You can't go sign with the team , that just beat you (GSW) - and expects all things to be rosy.  This is what Ray Allen did to the Celtics

any other team and Durant likely gets a standing ovation etc. 

For him not to understand this = I don't understand him.  Sounds like he thinks about himself 1st/victim card

Standing ovation may be a little much, but I generally agree. The optics when he signed with GSW were horrible; if he wasn't ready to back that up, then he should have signed with literally any other team.

Lebron left CLE in utter despair when he took off for MIA. The only difference is he always left the door open to coming back (and then delivered on his lifetime goal of bringing CLE a title). Durant just totally trashed OKC in this article.

I kind of feel for the guy because he is obviously a lot more sensitive than his actions seem to dictate. I understand why BKN took the chance on signing him and Kyrie, but Durant is more likely to drop off a cliff than he is to coming back to MVP form and bringing a title to BKN. The saga has just begun and now Durant has a LOT more time to stew with no bball activities in the near future.

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610

I'm a celtic fan through and through and have been for 35 years.  I didn't like last years Celtic team at all because of how they acted.  There wasn't a player on the team I didn't have issue with as a fan and some not for obvious reasons.  The NBA has allowed the players to take over the league.  Social media has also contributed as well.  I love the NBA but most athletes, IMO, in any sport are Divas.  They make millions, are put on a pedestal their entire lives and get free passes a lot.  I know guys who are still riding the accomplishments of their highschool or college sports days.  They still feel entitled because of how they were treated as athletes.  Sports is entertainment just like Television and Movies.  When you are in the spotlight everything you do is critiqued and when you are worshiped you gain an arrogance.  I do miss the days when athletes didn't make the kind of money they do now and were just hardcore.  Sports these days the guys are pansies.  For instance.  there was something on ESPN where a Tennessee Titans player was crying like a baby when he got a bear thrown in his face during the Browns game for jumping into the stands celebrating with a Titans Fan but taunting a Browns fan.  What do you think is going to happen?  I would never do that and think it's wrong but if you are going to interact and act like an **** to a drunk fan then you reap what you sow.  Years ago teams threw batteries, bottles etc.  That's dangerous and life threatening.  Getting a beer dumped on you because you were acting like an asshat.  Not a big deal.

Hahaha
All I could picture was someone throwing a Teddy Bear at a football player and then the player crying till I finished reading and figured it out
Sorry for the distraction from an otherwise good post
TP