Author Topic: Time to Retool?  (Read 2252 times)

Time to Retool?
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22
It has become clear that we can't contend for the title this year.  We can't beat the Lakers and the Cavs are pretty much one tier ahead of us.  Do you think we should re-tool around the younger guys starting with the looming trade deadline?  Obviously the younger players are giving us the best chances to win and represent our best future hope. 

Re: Time to Retool?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No.

Time for the Celtics to:

1) Get Healthy

2) Stop shooting slumps

3) Get hungry again.

With all that missing, the Lakers still only won by one with Ray missing a wide open shot.

I am missing the part where this team is done.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
It has become clear that we can't contend for the title this year.  We can't beat the Lakers and the Cavs are pretty much one tier ahead of us.  Do you think we should re-tool around the younger guys starting with the looming trade deadline?  Obviously the younger players are giving us the best chances to win and represent our best future hope. 

Curious use of "we" phrasing for someone who, if my memory serves, has a post history indicating himself a Lakers fan.

Not trying to bait the faithful here, are we?

Aside from that, in the interest of offering the benefit of the doubt, exactly which young players were you referring to as those to build around?

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
No. Why do you think we can't beat the Lakers? They seem a very beatable team to me - to the point I highly doubt they'll make it through the West.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:44:26 PM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser

Curious use of "we" phrasing for someone who, if my memory serves, has a post history indicating himself a Lakers fan.

Aside from that, in the interest of offering the benefit of the doubt, exactly which young players were you referring to as those to build around?

-sw

Rondo, Perk, House, Big Baby Jesus.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

-sw

House is young?

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

-sw

House is young?

Soon-to-be-32 is the new 19, haven't you heard?

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser

-sw

House is young?

-sw

He plays young enough to keep him while we sluff off Allen and Garnett.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

-sw

House is young?

-sw

Certainly, you'd realize that you don't rebuild teams with 30+ guards who can't guard opposing team's 2 guards yet struggle when assuming the PG position.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 05:35:23 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

-sw

Funny, a while back Rondo was a mediocre player that DF wouldn't even want on his team.

The Celts are in a slump but they still had to try hard to let the Lackers back in the game. If that's the level of competition in the playoffs then the Celts are in fine shape.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I just don't think it's true that we can't contend this year. We barely lost two January games against Orlando and L.A. While I agree this is not where I hoped we would be, I just think it's premmature to make this assumption...and that's even if we don't make any moves. Remember, we are a team of veterans who really only care about the playoffs.

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

-sw

House is young?

-sw

I missed something.

When did the Lakers add those two? 

Since you keep saying "we"