Author Topic: Don't trade Ray  (Read 3131 times)

Re: Don't trade Ray
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Ray is a Hall of Famer, and he's still a good player. But for the sake of this team i really feel as if it's the best move to trade him for some future assets.

I'm huge on that Hinrich/Thomas trade and i think that could bring us the emotional and defensive lift... along with a floor leader for the second unit.

Rondo,Hinrich focusing on PG's
Daniels and TA tag teaming their best perimeter scorer?

c'mon.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
By the way, here are some very interesting (and overlooked) stats that show how Ray's game is affected by Doc overplaying him.

Sure, Doc has nothing to do with days of rest, but it's obvious that Ray plays better when he has a few days off, and Doc playing him 40 minutes every night doesn't help Ray for the next game(s) :

0 Days Rest  (back to back) :    9 games  41%FG  26%3FG  76%FT 15 points

1 Day Rest 24 games 44%FG 34%3FG 91%FT 15 points

2 Days Rest 5 games 49%FG 33%3FG 87%FT 19 points

3 Days Rest 6 games 55%FG 44%3FG 100%FT 17 points

3+ Days Rest 1 game 31%FG 51%3FG 80%FT 16 points

Age is catching up with Ray when he has to play a lot of games in a short amount of time but the stats show how efficient he is when he has a lot of rest. He is still a killer.

Fortunately, in the playoffs, you have 2 days rest between each game so it will only make Ray more efficient.

With a stretch of 3 games in 4 days you can understand why Ray struggled mightily against Atlanta and L.A (while being brilliant against Orlando, by the way).

It's just another reason to keep Ray in my opinion. Doc is the biggest culprit : you can't blame Ray for aging but you can blame Doc for overplaying him. Even when Marquis will be back I'm sure he will keep overplaying Ray...

It would be great if they could make the schedule so that the Celtics could only play every third day.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 06:32:34 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
If we trade Ray is Donny gonna leave with him?