Author Topic: Hope DA not swayed by "Fools Gold"!  (Read 9566 times)

Re: Hope DA not swayed by "Fools Gold"!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
First off, don't get me wrong---the last few games have been great! Best part of the season to this point! Really surprising, considering RR and Sully injuries, and unexpected. However--trying to keep things in context a bit--5 of those 6 games were played at home, against some pretty bad teams, or the Clips minus CP(who have been pretty bad without him!). The Heat took a Hurculean effort to just barely pull it out, ON OUR HOME COURT! So while this little streak has been fun, let's not get carried away.
After our next game against Denver, we start a stretch of 10 of 13 ON THE ROAD! Also the 3 at home are against some pretty decent teams(Chi,GS, and Atl). Problem is most of that schedule is AFTER the trade deadline!!!  I'm afraid that Danny is lured into believing that this recent run is the real deal, does nothing, and then we start going down the tubes when the schedule gets tougher, and then it's too late to do anything!
I just keep looking down the road, post KG/PP(whether that is after this season, or next perhaps), and things look REALLY grim!!!  RR, damaged goods right now(though he should be back full strength in time), Sully(he will never be the same--and we should trade him for whatever we can get as soon as he comes back!), nothing for KG/PP, and only a single draft pick this year! Doesn't leave you with a whole lot! And not much of anything to do future deals with either--RR,AB, and maybe JG if he continues to step it up and gets to that next level!
Just terrified if Danny doesn't move now we're in big trouble! We've got four games before the deadline, so how we do in them could also have a big impact on his thinking!
We'll see!!!

What trades for either pierce or KG have you seen that have been super enticing though?

Forgive me for not jumping out of my chair for deandre jordan and eric bledsoe, or anything pierce might fetch at this point.

There is no reason to trade our core now just for the sake of getting a few role players. You're not speeding up the rebuild process by acquiring mediocre to average assets for pierce and garnett. The way to properly rebuild is to either trade your core for high draft picks (which aint gonna happen now), or after your core leaves/retires, suck it up big time to get early lottery picks, which you can then develop or trade for a new core.

They are simply too old to trade for
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
First off, don't get me wrong---the last few games have been great! Best part of the season to this point! Really surprising, considering RR and Sully injuries, and unexpected. However--trying to keep things in context a bit--5 of those 6 games were played at home, against some pretty bad teams, or the Clips minus CP(who have been pretty bad without him!). The Heat took a Hurculean effort to just barely pull it out, ON OUR HOME COURT! So while this little streak has been fun, let's not get carried away.
After our next game against Denver, we start a stretch of 10 of 13 ON THE ROAD! Also the 3 at home are against some pretty decent teams(Chi,GS, and Atl). Problem is most of that schedule is AFTER the trade deadline!!!  I'm afraid that Danny is lured into believing that this recent run is the real deal, does nothing, and then we start going down the tubes when the schedule gets tougher, and then it's too late to do anything!
I just keep looking down the road, post KG/PP(whether that is after this season, or next perhaps), and things look REALLY grim!!!  RR, damaged goods right now(though he should be back full strength in time), Sully(he will never be the same--and we should trade him for whatever we can get as soon as he comes back!), nothing for KG/PP, and only a single draft pick this year! Doesn't leave you with a whole lot! And not much of anything to do future deals with either--RR,AB, and maybe JG if he continues to step it up and gets to that next level!
Just terrified if Danny doesn't move now we're in big trouble! We've got four games before the deadline, so how we do in them could also have a big impact on his thinking!
We'll see!!!

What trades for either pierce or KG have you seen that have been super enticing though?

Forgive me for not jumping out of my chair for deandre jordan and eric bledsoe, or anything pierce might fetch at this point.

There is no reason to trade our core now just for the sake of getting a few role players. You're not speeding up the rebuild process by acquiring mediocre to average assets for pierce and garnett. The way to properly rebuild is to either trade your core for high draft picks (which aint gonna happen now), or after your core leaves/retires, suck it up big time to get early lottery picks, which you can then develop or trade for a new core.

Not much point in trading them if they're still great players and have close to no worth.

If you put deandre jordan on a crap team it will still be a crap team. Without blake griffin and chris paul that clippers unit is absolutely nowhere. Not even close to the playoffs. You may aswell get a cheaper guy to fill his spot, and get minutes into your draft picks/rookie contracts during your rebuild.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
We'll see!!!

Not much point in trading them if they're still great players and have close to no worth.

If you put deandre jordan on a crap team it will still be a crap team. Without blake griffin and chris paul that clippers unit is absolutely nowhere. Not even close to the playoffs. You may aswell get a cheaper guy to fill his spot, and get minutes into your draft picks/rookie contracts during your rebuild.

The funny thing is how people are salivating for Bledsoe and Jordan, yet the Clippers have been struggling even though they have a roster loaded with talent, just because Chris Paul has been injured.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
We'll see!!!

The funny thing is how people are salivating for Bledsoe and Jordan, yet the Clippers have been struggling even though they have a roster loaded with talent, just because Chris Paul has been injured.

Exactly right. Chris Paul offsets the lack of offensive creativity from del negro, but when he gets injured (which is quite a bit), the offense looks ugly, real ugly.

As for Jordan, he has elite athleticism and gets a fair few rebounds because of it. He has very little offensive game though, and can't shoot free throws.

Bledsoe has great athleticism aswell and plays great defense, but in the end he is really just an undersized shooting guard that can't shoot very well.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:25 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
We'll see!!!

I'm with ya. I was ready to move on to the next phase before last deadline

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We'll see!!!

your right.......Clippers. are nothing great without CP3 to lead  them......

CP3. is the most important man on the Clips, hands down.........I could coach the Clippers , if CP3 ison the floor

CP3 is on the floor give him some decent players and he is likely to win.

Jordon ....never see the HOF.......Bledsoe....what a joke

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
No Fools Gold here... just because you guys didn't believe it to be the case, and suddenly we playing well now contrary to your initial believes, doesn't invalidate the capacity of this team.

I don't know why you see our future as grim and are terrified of it, as far as I'm concern we have this team for 2-3 more years, with opportunities to improve each and every year, and after that we'll have ample opportunity to upgrade the team with a lot of cap flexibility and tradeable assets.

The only thing I'm really worried about is about Danny overreacting to how a team played for half a season.

You don't know that. This isn't the first time this year we've won 6 in a row. What were you saying after the last winning streak?

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I hope Ainge understands that if Rondo and Sullinger return healthy next season and he can add a useful free agent big, this is a legitimate contender next season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 11:49:21 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I hope Ainge understands that if Rondo and Sullinger return healthy next season and he can add a useful free agent big, this is a legitimate contender next season.

Not if rondo goes back to holding the ball for the whole shot clock. Plus you don't know how much of a drop off pierce and KG will have. They will be another year older and you can't just ignore that.

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
since we are so worried about fools gold and chemistry all at the same time...let's just grab a couple bigs who we take the best calulated risk with that we feel could help us and play it out with no trades? how about that?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
so, solid ball movement and playing defense is fools gold?

this team is finally jeling...how many wins do we need before its not "fools gold" this team hasnt played this well even on the previous 6-game winning streak.

Terry/Green are finally showing the consistency we wanted when they were signed

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Not if rondo goes back to holding the ball for the whole shot clock.

One would assume that Doc will try and meld what's working now into the offense with Rondo. Maybe he'll stay with the uptempo style which will be significantly better with our best ballhandler and passer in the game.

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 11:59:01 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
so, solid ball movement and playing defense is fools gold?

this team is finally jeling...how many wins do we need before its not "fools gold" this team hasnt played this well even on the previous 6-game winning streak.

Terry/Green are finally showing the consistency we wanted when they were signed

I think by fools gold he means thinking this team has a legit shot at a title which nobody outside of celtics homers believe to be true.

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
No Fools Gold here... just because you guys didn't believe it to be the case, and suddenly we playing well now contrary to your initial believes, doesn't invalidate the capacity of this team.

I don't know why you see our future as grim and are terrified of it, as far as I'm concern we have this team for 2-3 more years, with opportunities to improve each and every year, and after that we'll have ample opportunity to upgrade the team with a lot of cap flexibility and tradeable assets.

The only thing I'm really worried about is about Danny overreacting to how a team played for half a season.

You don't know that. This isn't the first time this year we've won 6 in a row. What were you saying after the last winning streak?

I was high on this team's chances even before we started playing well, so...

Little to nothing in my stance has changed since the beginning of the year regardless of how we were playing throughout the season.

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2013, 12:01:43 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I was high on this team's chances even before we started playing well, so...

Was that before rondo and sully went down as well?