Author Topic: Point Guard Options  (Read 5722 times)

Re: Point Guard Options
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 07:20:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Speaking of PG- Larking is having an absolute monster year in Europe.

11.5/3/2 with over 40% 3P is pretty solid in 21 MPG, would love him back.

Just saw boxscore of his recent game of Euroleague Final 4.

30/7/7!

Nice!
found our rozier replacement

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I was listening to the Real Gm Podcast with Danny leroux and Sam Vecenie and one of them suggested a Gordon Hayward + picks for Conley trade. Their contracts are nearly identical (1+1) and swapping them would balance out each team. Give a nice wing option to pair with Morant/JJJ and a PG to pair with the Jays+Horford. They seemed to think it would be Hayward+22+20, but two picks does seem steep. Although Conley was really good and would be dynamite with Horford. It's just hard not knowing what GH will be next year.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 08:22:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I wan't Malcolm Brogdon on the Celtics.

I've been a huge fan of his since his rookie year, I hope we leave Kyrie alone and go hard for him. He's a restricted free agent who will likely command around $13-$15 Mil a year. I feel like he's a winner and a more than solid, underrated two way player. I selfishly want the Bucks to lose solely because if they win, the gang will more than likely stay together, if they lose I think there will be a higher chance of us having a chance at him.

And how are we going to do this without cap space?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 08:22:32 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

TP. Nice find. From the stats that I saw, it appears that Shane has become a much better shooter. I hope that Danny does his due diligence on him.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 08:28:13 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I was listening to the Real Gm Podcast with Danny leroux and Sam Vecenie and one of them suggested a Gordon Hayward + picks for Conley trade. Their contracts are nearly identical (1+1) and swapping them would balance out each team. Give a nice wing option to pair with Morant/JJJ and a PG to pair with the Jays+Horford. They seemed to think it would be Hayward+22+20, but two picks does seem steep. Although Conley was really good and would be dynamite with Horford. It's just hard not knowing what GH will be next year.

Conley is very injury prone and he's 31.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 08:24:51 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
For the purpose of this discussion, I'm going to assume that the AD trade doesn't work out if Kyrie leaves.  In this case I wouldn't be against a trade for Jrue Holiday under a few conditions.

- Horford would need to sign a new deal at somewhere between $18-20 Million Per Year.  This would free up enough cap space to make the deal without sending much in outgoing salary.
- Celtics would need to be able to acquire Holiday using mostly draft picks and young prospects.  No core players would be moved in the deal.  Incentive for New Orleans would be to get the contract off their books and commit 100% to a rebuild.

I've already mentioned potential cap concerns involved with Holidays contract.  It really limits the Celtics cap flexibility for the 2020 and 2021 off-season.  Either way, the salaries of Hayward, Horford, Smart, Jaylen (RFA max contract), and Tatum would prevent the Celtics from affording a max free agent next summer.

Realistically I don't think Ainge would be willing to take on Holidays contract.  That said, I really like the idea of Holiday as a starting PG for next years team.

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 08:30:29 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
For the purpose of this discussion, I'm going to assume that the AD trade doesn't work out if Kyrie leaves.  In this case I wouldn't be against a trade for Jrue Holiday under a few conditions.

- Horford would need to sign a new deal at somewhere between $18-20 Million Per Year.  This would free up enough cap space to make the deal without sending much in outgoing salary.
- Celtics would need to be able to acquire Holiday using mostly draft picks and young prospects.  No core players would be moved in the deal.  Incentive for New Orleans would be to get the contract off their books and commit 100% to a rebuild.

I've already mentioned potential cap concerns involved with Holidays contract.  It really limits the Celtics cap flexibility for the 2020 and 2021 off-season.  Either way, the salaries of Hayward, Horford, Smart, Jaylen (RFA max contract), and Tatum would prevent the Celtics from affording a max free agent next summer.

Realistically I don't think Ainge would be willing to take on Holidays contract.  That said, I really like the idea of Holiday as a starting PG for next years team.

Hayward, tatum, williams, semi, yabs and all the picks works for davis and holliday.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Hayward, tatum, williams, semi, yabs and all the picks works for davis and holliday.

I don't see the team parting ways with Hayward in this deal, but I certainly could be wrong.  I believe the organization will be committed to giving Hayward an opportunity to regain his Utah form next season, especially if they are already losing Tatum.  Danny wont give up two of their top three wings.

The potential upside for the team is also higher with Hayward than Holiday.  The safe route shouldn't be considered if Davis comes and Kyrie goes.     

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If the Knicks do end up signing Iriving, I am hoping they do us a favor and let us sign and trade him to them so that we can get back a sizable TPE - big enough to trade for Conley(?) without giving up Hayward. I realize this would likely happen after an AD deal so the logistics might be difficult to work out.

Having AD, Horford, Hayward, Brown, and Conley as our starting 5 would be very formidable.

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 11:06:23 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
If the Knicks do end up signing Iriving, I am hoping they do us a favor and let us sign and trade him to them so that we can get back a sizable TPE - big enough to trade for Conley(?) without giving up Hayward. I realize this would likely happen after an AD deal so the logistics might be difficult to work out.

Having AD, Horford, Hayward, Brown, and Conley as our starting 5 would be very formidable.
5 nice guys in the starting line up ? No thanks .. nothing formidable about that... this is not a hamburger business lol

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 11:09:04 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Ain't see that happening
Would you do a favor to the knicks?

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 11:50:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Ain't see that happening
The only scenario I can see Kyrie & another team doing us a "favour" with a sign and trade would be with the Nets and D'Angelo Russell
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2019, 12:40:58 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

TP. Nice find. From the stats that I saw, it appears that Shane has become a much better shooter. I hope that Danny does his due diligence on him.

The first thing I noticed this season was that Larkin was missing, and I thought that was pretty strange.  Then I noticed Walter Mcarty was missing.

But for the money and what he brought on the floor, for Larkin to be missing was when I thought this season wasn't gonna be quite right.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2019, 12:43:29 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Ain't see that happening
The only scenario I can see Kyrie & another team doing us a "favour" with a sign and trade would be with the Nets and D'Angelo Russell

TP - lol.

Tho even that one’s not happening.

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Ain't see that happening

And there's no way Kyrie is gonna co-exist with another dominant point, so they'll be looking to dump that guy...which is a pretty foolish thing for them to do...but they will have to.