Author Topic: Danny Ainge lied  (Read 4250 times)

Danny Ainge lied
« on: December 21, 2020, 11:34:00 PM »

Offline Yonkers332

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
Danny told us he didn't want to make a move to help the team because he liked the bench.  But none of these guys played in Miami series.1.  Carsen
                   2. Javonte
                   3. Semi
                   4. Tremont
                   5.  Taco

If they don't play what exactly is he trying to say. That they are cheap.  25 of 30 teams in payroll

Re: Danny Ainge lied
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 11:45:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Didn't realise Danny was the coach.

Also didn't realise Danny didn't add two veteran bench pieces in Thompson and Teague. Do they not count?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 11:46:04 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Danny has blown it since the Kyrie trade.  Bad luck sure,  but he screwed it up.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 11:49:44 PM »

Offline Yonkers332

• Neemias Queta
Teague is horrible on defense. Can't stay in front of anyone. Thompson is breaking down.   

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 11:52:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Teague is horrible on defense. Can't stay in front of anyone. Thompson is breaking down.

Hot take after hot take.... for the first time in many years I really think the Cs have regressed with the current roster.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 11:53:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Lol. Ridiculous

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 11:54:47 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

Hot take after hot take.... for the first time in many years I really think the Cs have regressed with the current roster.

It’s true. If we don’t make the move for Harden and get him, forget about it. Brown is just not a good enough number two.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 11:55:37 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

It’s true. If we don’t make the move for Harden and get him, forget about it. Brown is just not a good enough number two.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 11:57:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

you dont have to sell me on that .... I would love Harden on the Cs. I have watched him play since high school. He is a stud. Brown cannot lay a hand on Harden. You have a chance to get Harden you go for it. You are playing both offense and defense. Remember if you do not get him he will go to a conference rival. Chew on that for a minute.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 12:04:22 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Nah I think we just gonna sit on our hands and watch our team brick 3's in the playoffs and get eaten alive by rookie bench players  :'(

And watch Brad Stevens do his signature move walking up and down the sideline folding his arms or hands in his pocket not calling timeouts or drawing up a play  :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 12:07:30 AM »

Offline Yonkers332

• Neemias Queta
There will be no playoffs for this rag tag group.  You have Tatum who is solid and a bunch of chumps.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 12:09:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
There will be no playoffs for this rag tag group.  You have Tatum who is solid and a bunch of chumps.
You're clearly not even a Celtics fan. See ya.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 02:13:05 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

you dont have to sell me on that .... I would love Harden on the Cs. I have watched him play since high school. He is a stud. Brown cannot lay a hand on Harden. You have a chance to get Harden you go for it. You are playing both offense and defense. Remember if you do not get him he will go to a conference rival. Chew on that for a minute.

That’s exactly it: Harden is coming East no matter what as Houston would never trade him to a western rival they see more than twice per year. We’re toast if we don’t get two years to convince Harden to love Boston. Unless by some bizarre turn of events we end up with Kawhi next year, it’s just over for us for at least the next 4-5 years (probably longer because I doubt Tatum sticks around if it means mediocrity). We just are not getting to the Finals and a championship with Harden in our way, short of getting Kawhi somehow or Tatum somehow elevating himself to Kawhi-like levels this season.

Harden’s one of the best offensive players of all-time, of all-time, and he’s almost never injured, he plays in such a way he could keep doing this 7-9 more years, etc. If we can pair him with Tatum and Smart, we have a punching chance the next two years. If we could somehow pair him with Tatum, Brown and Smart, we’re the champions the next two years. 

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 02:35:36 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
First don't make me emotion like that in the morning, I saw first DA "died", with the bad period we leave I had one second of infinite sadness...

Second what a bunch of nonsense again. It is hard to see so much negativity each years in this site (and some trolls), when I just want to learn and debate about our team and basketball...

Danny told us he didn't want to make a move to help the team because he liked the bench.  But none of these guys played in Miami series.1.  Carsen
                   2. Javonte
                   3. Semi
                   4. Tremont
                   5.  Taco

If they don't play what exactly is he trying to say. That they are cheap.  25 of 30 teams in payroll

OK he could maybe do smthg at the trade dealine last year to bring one or two vets... But I don't know what possibilities were there (and I know they believe in Romeo and don't want to throw in a trade for few, even if perosnnally I am not convinced on him)

But... He brought two vets and I am sure he will find the good time to add an offensive threat from the bench with Trade exeption. Tremont,Tacko, Green are 15-14-13 in the charts and don't have any impact on the results. Same in the PO for Semi (who is bad but can defend a little Giannis and score a 3 smt) and Carsen. For this 2 he could fine maybe better
After, I guess to developp/integrate them and also giving them a possible trade value, we have to give playing time both Williams, Langford, Nesmith and Pritchard... If Danny doesn't find a good rotation scorer from the bench with TE before dealine I would be disapointed but now...

And I don't get how we regressed, as GH was a 0,1 factor on our 2 PO ECF and 1 ECSF, we kept the same guys, aging one year more, Tatum being in superstar eclosion, adding at least one solid vet (TT) and maybe two (JT) and a rookie who can shoot some 3s at least and maybe developp quicker than what we think... OK if you speak about talent at the begining of the year. But GH made maybe won us 4/5 regular season games more than he wasn't there last years... And that is it. So no we won't regress and I am sure Tatum and Brown will coninue their growth and shut some here... Ogaju, I don't get it two years ago you said that :

Celtics Talk / Celtics have all the key ingredients of a championship team...
« on: May 05, 2018, 10:55:12 PM »
Coaching.....check

Coachable...check

Talent......check....Al, Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Smart

Defense.......best in the league

Grit/intensity....... Who wants to go against Smart, Morris, and Baynes?

18 on the way....

What made you changing in the believing Tatum and Brown potential ? I get you don't think anymore about Rozier immense talent or Morris big grit, but on my info they are not there anymore... I mean this post was the ultimate rah rah fan post (to speak with your point on my way to post), which I wouldn't have posted at this time... So your "challenging" post of the team that make it progress (but that make progress only your inside stress and negativity) were rah rah post two years ago... Please stop your negativity and become the rah rah you were before I prefer that for us and for you... Of course it is only my advice.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:52:59 AM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2020, 04:40:03 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I hate to play a cop, but can this stupid, utterly useless thread, be locked?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.