Author Topic: Idea - TPE for Lauri Markkanen  (Read 916 times)

Idea - TPE for Lauri Markkanen
« on: December 21, 2020, 09:30:32 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Chicago didn't come to an agreement with him and he fills arguably our biggest need at PF.

He's young and fits the time table to grow with Tatum and Brown. I think he would excel in our system, especially how he can stretch the floor.

No idea what it would cost us but I get the feeling Chicago doesn't want him. Could we possibly do a sign and trade with Chicago using the TPE? I think his cost would be in the same ballpark as Bertrans who signed a 5 year/80 million deal.

Re: Idea - TPE for Lauri Markkanen
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Don't think they'd trade him now. They'll still have the right to match an offer sheet next offseason. Could be an interesting target for a sign & trade during the offseason if he gets too expensive for their comfort.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Idea - TPE for Lauri Markkanen
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
Chicago has a new regime and has been patient in their wish to assess the talent on the current roster.  Markkanen may very well get traded but they will want a meaningful return for him...not just a salary dump.  If Cs traded some talent (Timelord, first round pick, etc...) the Bulls might listen but probably not until the trade deadline after they see this group play under a real coach.

I will add having watched the Bulls more than I care to admit, Markkanen lacks strength to finish over NBA athletes at the rim, and can be passive on offense.  He also needs to be set up to score efficiently and isn't a great defender.  His talent has languished under previously awful Bulls (mis)management.