Author Topic: Deadline idea: Romeo and Kemba for Gobert and Royce?  (Read 2718 times)

Re: Deadline idea: Romeo and Kemba for Gobert and Royce?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 05:28:43 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
why are people putting Gobert on trade ideas is he on the market/

If you talk to Jazz fans - they are convinced he’s gone after this year and hope to get something back for him.

Exactly. One of France’s biggest names in sports is definitely going to move to the east coast.

Re: Deadline idea: Romeo and Kemba for Gobert and Royce?
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2020, 06:11:20 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
It’s tough. Apparently Gobert wants to super-max from Utah, so we’d most likely be getting a one year rental now that the teams that missed out on the Giannis sweepstakes (Dallas chief among them) have money to burn.

That said, it could also win us a ring...

And if we trade for him, couldn’t we offer more money than anyone else in re-signing him?
We could.

Whether we would is another question. Gobert clearly has delusions as to how good he is - I don't think he's worth the max

I think it’s delusional that people underrate Gobert so much.

He’s the best interior defender in the league. His offensive impact in terms of the offensive system Utah runs is elite.

There’s a reason he’s been on 4 All NBA defense teams and has been a two time DPOY.

Now, would I give the Max to him, that’s a tough one. But Gobert is a top 15-20 player in this league and I don’t think that’s debatable.