Author Topic: If We Acquired Love & Harden, Are We Good Enough?  (Read 6928 times)

Re: If We Acquired Love & Harden, Are We Good Enough?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Why would the Cavs want To pay Kemba $34M when they have Sexton and Garland?

A small guard is probably the last player they want to bring back for Love (and Nance).

Because celtics fans believe any team is dying to take their trash off their hands for nothing.

Anyone expecting anything out of kemba is in denial... His career is over, the last procedure he had is in the sports world, considered a hail mary that rarely works.

His career is over because you say so?

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 01:57:15 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

A small guard is probably the last player they want to bring back for Love (and Nance).

Because celtics fans believe any team is dying to take their trash off their hands for nothing.

Anyone expecting anything out of kemba is in denial... His career is over, the last procedure he had is in the sports world, considered a hail mary that rarely works.

Sad sure but it was a wasted venture to begin with.

Back on topic, I'd take love and harden but what it'd cost makes me a little hesitant. Not so much because I'm in love with our players but it'd probably involve both brown and smart. I just feel that's too much defense walking out the door.

My point wasn’t that Walker is “trash,” it’s that they don’t need a PG when that’s about the only position they seem to have locked up.

And besides, Kemba went for 20/4/5/1 on 44% FG (about 20 points higher than his career mark) in the playoffs. While you may consider his career over, those are still good stats. And I believe he will come back stronger after this procedure than he was in the bubble.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 02:29:31 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Harden plays no defense and the ball stops with him - neither practice leads to success in the playoffs which is why he is a loser. Pass.

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You mean if the team were paying >$70 million a year for two dudes who don't play defense?

Sounds bad, if you ask me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

His career is over because according to a lot of people involved in sports that are familiar with his injury and everything he's had done and now this final procedure with the stem cells,  they all believe it's considered a hail mary type procedure that barely ever works.

And did someone say even if kemba doesn't come back we're all set at PG?!?! That's on par with the mind set of the celtics fan base right there, reality is harsh kids. When this team is struggling to make the playoffs this yr. Will you guys still refuse to see what's going on here?

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 05:30:53 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

His career is over because according to a lot of people involved in sports that are familiar with his injury and everything he's had done and now this final procedure with the stem cells,  they all believe it's considered a hail mary type procedure that barely ever works.

And did someone say even if kemba doesn't come back we're all set at PG?!?! That's on par with the mind set of the celtics fan base right there, reality is harsh kids. When this team is struggling to make the playoffs this yr. Will you guys still refuse to see what's going on here?
Must you be an insufferable jerk to get your point across? We aren't kids, so stop talking down to people like you know better than everyone else.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 06:54:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Care to name all these reputable sources that have said Kemba’s career is over?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 07:56:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It's the Deli Guy! 😂

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 08:04:37 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

I never said these reputable sources said specifically that kembas' career is over.

When the stem cell procedure kemba was undergoing was announced zolak stated that "this ain't good" and that "this is essentially a hail mary, this is the same thing peyton manning had done... And it didn't work". He went on to say "the problem with players resorting to the stem cell therapy is they rush to play and it takes time for the cells to grow and do what they need to do".

Now I understand Zo isn't a Dr. and hey he's just some guy spewing nonsense about  one of our players but he did seem pretty knowledgeable about it and seemed to know a few players that have been through it. Also said that "if they're at this point with the injury this is a last resort... Basically a hail mary at this point. This means they've tried everything else."

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 08:17:19 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

Must you be an insufferable jerk to get your point across? We aren't kids, so stop talking down to people like you know better than everyone else.

What's insufferable is wanting to talk celtics basketball only to be ganged up on by celtics "fans" that tell me Daniel theis is all we need at center.  We're do you go from there ?

Also I've been right about this team under brad stevens every yr. And I'm the one who gets tuned out by the people that believe we can trade carson edwards for just about any player of our choice.

So for the record this team will struggle to be an 8 seed this yr. unless tatum and brown make light yr. Leaps this yr.

I ain't seeing it.

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2020, 08:41:43 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

What's insufferable is wanting to talk celtics basketball only to be ganged up on by celtics "fans" that tell me Daniel theis is all we need at center.  We're do you go from there ?

Also I've been right about this team under brad stevens every yr. And I'm the one who gets tuned out by the people that believe we can trade carson edwards for just about any player of our choice.

So for the record this team will struggle to be an 8 seed this yr. unless tatum and brown make light yr. Leaps this yr.

I ain't seeing it.
Don't be so obtuse. I told you why you're being insufferable, I'm not going to repeat myself. I'm sure you've always been right about everything regarding the Celtics.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2020, 09:06:30 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Harden would ruin the culture. Love is one of the worst contracts out there. Not much need for nance at all really tbh. His 3pt shot has developed a bit and I love his energy, but I’d rather gamble on Theis/ TT and the youngins for bigs. I guess he’d add to our depth.

There’s a lot more positive that’d come from Nance, which is funny given future 1st ballot and 2nd ballot hofers are the center of this conversation.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2020, 10:03:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This would not happen.

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2020, 10:52:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I get Harden is good, but if the C's trade Jaylen for him I'm switching fandoms. Can't stand his attitude or play style.

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2020, 10:56:49 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I don't like the Love component but I'd absolutely acquire Harden. 

I still am not sold trading Walker is the right move, however when you acquire Harden, the optics aren't as bad.

I think I'd do something like this

Boston - Harden, Gordon, Randle
Houston - Brown, Knox, 2 BOS 1st
New York - Walker, Theis

Boston post-trade
Starters - Harden, Gordon, Tatum, Randle, Thompson
Main Rotation - Teague, Smart, Langford, Nesmith, Williams, Williams

I think that team has more top end potential thus giving it a better shot at winning the title.  And it does work without Gordon, he just struck me like a player that Houston might want to move on from if they moved on from Harden.  I might include Smart if I had to (it also works that way) though would fight to keep at least one, if not both, of the picks in that scenario.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip