Poll

If the "price is right" in trade talks, do you want the C's to make the move?

Yes
23 (21.9%)
No
82 (78.1%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Author Topic: Poll: Do You Want The C's To Acquire James Harden?  (Read 13936 times)

Re: Poll: Do You Want The C's To Acquire James Harden?
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2020, 11:44:32 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Im not sure we would have to offer more than Brown.  Who else is offering a better player?  Miami giving up Herro?

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2020, 11:47:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Im not sure we would have to offer more than Brown.  Who else is offering a better player?  Miami giving up Herro?
Two divisional rivals are offering better players in Toronto offering Siakam and Philadelphia offering Simmons
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2020, 10:16:22 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Two divisional rivals are offering better players in Toronto offering Siakam and Philadelphia offering Simmons

This is speculation of course, reasonable speculation, but it is not known for example that Simmons has been actually offered.  I do agree though in that if Brown + Pu Pu Platter of contracts was the best offer actually on the table for Harden, I would wait if I was Houston.  There is no need to rush to get this done.  The offers will likely get better until the trade deadline.

Simmons is the plum in this but do they (Houston) really want to make a deal with Morey?  And as to Siakam, I am not sure he is all that much more valuable than Brown.  I am not that big on Siakam.  I have them fairly equal, in the same range, but I give Brown more ceiling.  As with a trade based on Brown, I think Houston waits if the best offer is Siakam and whatever additional contracts are needed.

The rumor is that Toronto and Boston are the favorites.  I find this plausible.  Miami is out, Philly may be out because Houston does not want to help Morey.  That leaves Toronto (Siakam) and Boston (Brown).  I bet Brown + Smart gets it done but not just Brown and contract ballast.  Not sure good young player(s) Toronto has to add to Siakam

« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2020, 10:45:41 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Brown is a Celtic, which certainly doesn't mean he can't be traded, it's just he plays like a Celtic.

Harden isn't a Celtic and never will be which also means he could still be traded here and play here, but, this player's first choice was the Nets?

He'll just be wishing he was playing somewhere else.

Look at Walker, he showed up here with absolutely everything he had and doubled down. "I want to succeed here."

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2020, 12:14:03 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
If it’s Kemba-Harden-Tatum vs Kyrie-Levert-KD vs Holiday-Middleton-Giannis... I’ll take our trio.

The talent gap between JB and Harden is massive. Granted, JB is a terrific two-way player but James Harden is MVP-caliber. My biggest concern lies in chemistry.

This is clearly Tatum’s team right now. Even Kemba recognizes that and defers to that. The rest of the team knows that. If Harden comes in, what happens?

- LilRip

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
This guy is coming across as unlikeable, and another Kyrie-like ego (not as much as Kyrie, but close to it).

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1341384558227435520?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Not a simple answer.

Yes, I wouldn't mind getting Harden for the trade exception and change.

Do I want to do whatever it takes for Harden?  NO! (that's capital letter no, with exclamation point)

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2020, 02:15:55 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This guy is coming across as unlikeable, and another Kyrie-like ego (not as much as Kyrie, but close to it).

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1341384558227435520?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I'd love to see the reactions posters would have if Kyrie pulled some Harden shenanigans. Imagine if Kyrie skipped out on training camp to go on a public bender in Atlanta and Vegas? During a pandemic, at that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman