Poll

If Kyle Lowry becomes available at the trade deadline would you do this trade? (details below)

yes
6 (50%)
no
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: If Kyle Lowry becomes available at the trade deadline would you do this trade?  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This is great for the Celtics but I don't see why Chicago would want to take in Kemba or why Toronto would want to give up Lowry.

- what marquee FA is going to want to sign with the Bulls?   Might as well put Otto Porter crappy last year of his contract to good use. 
- Raptors can't afford to pay Lowry 25-30 million per season (after this season),  unless they want to risk losing Anunoby and Powell.  Both are in line for a solid raise.

If Lowry is willing to take a pretty good pay cut, plus his goal is to retire a Raptor. Then thats that. 

But knowing how important money and winning are to all of these players,  it is unlikely he provides double the relief.  (money and shot at title)

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Yes. I’ve said multiple times that PGs like Kemba/IT/Mitchell are how you exit the playoffs early and ones like Lowry/SGA/Holiday are how you win in the playoffs. Lowry’s defense, leadership, and win at all costs attitude would put this team over the top.

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
I don't think Kemba is tradeable for anything of value.

Offline Linwood

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 9
Yup. In a heartbeat. Lowry and his shifty ways of getting to the line would be a difference-maker in the playoffs. The Celtics would also be a simple move away from acquiring a max salary guy through free agency next offseason, I think.

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
As much as I’d like to see Smart and Lowry in the same backcourt I don’t think the Celtics can afford him.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Buy out Kemba

waste no more tatum years .

Pay Lowry .
We would have no money if we bought out Kemba’s huge contract
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)