Author Topic: Woj- Horford has meeting set with the Celtics  (Read 8124 times)

Re: Woj- Horford has meeting set with the Celtics
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2016, 01:13:19 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The thing about Horford for everyone including the Celtics is this, does he give you a decent upgrade over your current  big men and is that done at fair market value? I tend to think discount players give discount performance in most cases especially during the playoffs.

Pay Horford if you want to improve our bigs significantly.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2016, 01:16:15 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The thing about Horford for everyone including the Celtics is this, does he give you a decent upgrade over your current  big men and is that done at fair market value? I tend to think discount players give discount performance in most cases especially during the playoffs.

I think we have to sign Horford or Howard or the free agency will be another failure for us. So you think Horford improves our bigs significantly especially in the playoffs?

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
really hoping we can get this done.

with Horford, we're probably a 50-55 win team with HCA in the east

if Horford convinces to KD to come along as well?  we're either first or second seed and contend for #18. 

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
When are we meeting with him.

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2016, 01:36:22 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I am a bit torn on potentially signing Horford. In the past 5 years, he has had 2 season ending injuries that put his total games to 11 and 29 and they were both pectoral tears of his shoulder. His rebound total although still decent at 7 per game, has not been at his previous high average levels of 8-10 per game. His point total per is still strong though with a slight decline in FG percentage but that is due to him attempting more 3 pointers over the past 2 years.His FT percentage is near all time highs for him as well and that is a plus at the end of the games.

His postseason totals with points over the past 2 years were less than impressive for a player of his caliber.13 and 14 over the past 2 years.His rebounds in this last postseason were abnormally low at 6 per and that was with 33 minutes per game over 10 games. On the plus, his block total was high at 2.4.

As he gets older, will he be more likely to get injured? Is that pectoral injury a potential to occur again since it has already been weakened 2 times?  He is 30 now, so it would be foolish to believe that he will suddenly become durable with each passing year.  At the same time, I believe he would fit our system perfectly to a tee and would flourish under Stevens. He would immediately become our best big and much needed at the end of the playoff games for rebounds and blocks along with strong FT percentage.

I guess I would be untorn if I knew his signing would open the door for Durant or someone else of his caliber next year but without knowing for sure, I find it a bit more risky than I like with a max player.

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2016, 01:36:35 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178

I think we have to sign Horford or Howard or the free agency will be another failure for us. So you think Horford improves our bigs significantly especially in the playoffs?

Is he an upgrade over Sullinger?  Is the cost in line with the current market?

If Sullinger  is cheap enough keep him as a backup

I would keep Amir if we didn't get another big of equal or greater value as well. He is certainly a serviceable backup.

Howard probably gives us more of an upgrade but the thread is about Horford.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku