Author Topic: Who are my fellow women Celtics Bloggers?  (Read 17815 times)

Who are my fellow women Celtics Bloggers?
« on: February 15, 2014, 09:03:24 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I've only been on here for about a year so I'm not familiar with everyone. I know we assume that most of the people commenting on here are males, just wanted to know who my fellow female commenters were.

HI  ;D

Re: Who are my fellow women Celtics Bloggers?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I've only been on here for about a year so I'm not familiar with everyone. I know we assume that most of the people commenting on here are males, just wanted to know who my fellow female commenters were.

HI  ;D

Hello!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 06:50:21 AM »

Offline andliberty

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 8
I am!
New to the forums though..

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 08:11:28 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I am!

Hey, first post. Welcome!

Here's your first Tommy Point.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 09:26:09 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
I am!

Welcome! I'm sure there's more of us on here.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'm here. 8)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 09:46:29 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 12:24:06 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Welcome, fellow female fans!  Actually, there are quite a few other ladies on the site...some of whom may not want their gender known.  (I didn't divulge mine for a long time.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 12:48:26 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
Welcome, fellow female fans!  Actually, there are quite a few other ladies on the site...some of whom may not want their gender known.  (I didn't divulge mine for a long time.)

Yeah I've never mentioned my gender until now..never really had a need to unless I was mistakenly called a dude or guy..lol.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 01:37:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I have to share this story again.  LIke 10 years ago my girlfriend at the time insisted that we get a kitten.  I like cats.  I had no problem with getting a cat.  The only thing was... it had to be a boy cat.   Girl cats are prissy and whiney.  Boy cats are awesome. 

So we drove over to Aberdeen, WA... a town famous for Kurt Cobaine, meth, and apparently cats.  My girlfriend's cousin had a litter of kittens over there.   I made my demands known.  He set aside the 4 boy kittens and I began my rigorous series of tests.  Mostly, grading them on cuteness scale, badazzery, mischief-making... I held them 6 inches above a pillow upside down and made sure they landed on their feet... just to make sure they weren't swishybrained.

Ultimately, I picked the cutest of the bunch.  I took him home and named him "The Truth" after a Boston Celtic player of that era.  "Truth" was my boy,.  That dude would run around the house doing back flips, play-wrestle with my sock hand, and just generally be an all-around homie.

It was smooth-sailing for a month.  Then one day my friend Dan came over to hang out.  Dan was sitting on the couch petting Truth on the belly when he noticed something peculiar.  "Dude... Truth has no balls".  I scoffed at this ridiculous comment.  "Fool, kittens don't have balls... those don't drop until later.  Here, pass him over".    I scoped out the situation and was shocked by what I noticed.   My homie [was a girl].

This thread is bringing back all those bad memories.   That terrible, awful day when I found out my furry little buddy had a secret... the day when I found out he [wasn't the boy I thought he was].   Poor lil dude.  He's still my boy, though... despite the fact that he's a bit prissy and whiney.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:28:03 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 01:42:10 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
I have to share this story again.  LIke 10 years ago my girlfriend at the time insisted that we get a kitten.  I like cats.  I had no problem with getting a cat.  The only thing was... it had to be a boy cat.   Girl cats are prissy and whiney.  Boy cats are awesome. 

So we drove over to Aberdeen, WA... a town famous for Kurt Cobaine, meth, and apparently cats.  My girlfriend's cousin had a litter of kittens over there.   I made my demands known.  He set aside the 4 boy kittens and I began my rigorous series of tests.  Mostly, grading them on cuteness scale, badazzery, mischief-making... I held them 6 inches above a pillow upside down and made sure they landed on their feet... just to make sure they weren't swishybrained.

Ultimately, I picked the cutest of the bunch.  I took him home and named him "The Truth" after a Boston Celtic player of that era.  "Truth" was my boy,.  That dude would run around the house doing back flips, play-wrestle with my sock hand, and just generally being an all-around homie.

It was smooth-sailing for a month.  Then one day my friend Dan came over to hang out.  Dan was sitting on the couch petting Truth on the belly when he noticed something peculiar.  "Dude... Truth has no balls".  I scoffed at this ridiculous comment.  "Fool, kittens don't have balls... those don't drop until later.  Here, pass him over".    I scoped out the situation and was shocked by what I noticed.   My homie had a vagina. 

This thread is bringing back all those bad memories.   That terrible, awful day when I found out my furry little buddy had a secret... the day when I found out he had a disfigured nether-region.   Poor lil dude.  He's still my boy, though... despite the fact that he's a bit prissy and whiney.

Really? What's the purpose of this?

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Ultimately, I picked the cutest of the bunch.  I took him home and named him "The Truth" after a Boston Celtic player of that era.  "Truth" was my boy,.  That dude would run around the house doing back flips, play-wrestle with my sock hand, and just generally being an all-around homie.

It was smooth-sailing for a month.  Then one day my friend Dan came over to hang out.  Dan was sitting on the couch petting Truth on the belly when he noticed something peculiar.  "Dude... Truth has no balls".  I scoffed at this ridiculous comment.  "Fool, kittens don't have balls... those don't drop until later.  Here, pass him over".    I scoped out the situation and was shocked by what I noticed.   My homie had a vagina. 

This thread is bringing back all those bad memories.   That terrible, awful day when I found out my furry little buddy had a secret... the day when I found out he had a disfigured nether-region.   Poor lil dude.  He's still my boy, though... despite the fact that he's a bit prissy and whiney.

I don't know. 

I went to a Lakers forum once and there was some dude there who referred to all commenters as her/she by default.  He decided it would be sexist otherwise... so assuming they were all female would rule out accidentally offending anyone. 

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 01:48:14 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

I don't know. 

I went to a Lakers forum once and there was some dude there who referred to all commenters as her/she by default.  He decided it would be sexist otherwise... so assuming they were all female would rule out accidentally offending anyone.

Except for the guys he probably offended..he had some logic.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 01:50:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think what he's suggesting is that for a lot of us, we automatically assume whomever we're talking to on the blog is a male.  When some posters identify their gender as a female, it can come as a surprise.

It's not a negative thing; it's more interesting than anything else, to see the way our minds make assumptions.

(At least, that's my interpretation of the story.  I think the last paragraph is meant to be more tongue-in-cheek than anything.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Hello
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington