Author Topic: Report: Kevin Durant gave the Celtics list of players they need to sign  (Read 12955 times)

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Is Butch Sterns a clown or is this plausible?  He has real media credentials and this is certainly in the realm of possibility.  I just have no idea who he is

I don't think it's Stearns who needs to be believed but his source.  I'd trust that Stearns isn't making it up that someone told him this.   The context I know Stearns is as a fill-in host and guest on WEEI throughout the years.  He isn't a kid and he comes across as a straight shooting kind of guy.  Just based on how he presents himself on the radio (this of course is speculative -- my opinion), I doubt that he would conjure this from nothing. I believe he's speaking honestly about what he was told, but the credibility of what he was told has to be in question.

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I'll believe it when I see it in July.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Over on Reddit, I see a couple of people speculating it's Paul George and Pau Gasol, with Durant and George really hitting it off when they played together on Team USA, and Durant having recruited Gasol hard to get him to OKC.

George + Durant together would be bananas

Can you imagine? Only a few teams have one guy who can guard either George or Durant. How many teams have TWO guys like that?

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Over on Reddit, I see a couple of people speculating it's Paul George and Pau Gasol, with Durant and George really hitting it off when they played together on Team USA, and Durant having recruited Gasol hard to get him to OKC.

George + Durant together would be bananas

Can you imagine? Only a few teams have one guy who can guard either George or Durant. How many teams have TWO guys like that?

I would Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. my pants if Ainge could swing that.

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Stranger things have happened?

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Westbrook, LeBron, Curry and Anthony Davis must be at the top

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown

That would disqualify the Celtics immediately lol

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Why are people talking about George, he's under contract.  The rumor is "guys the Celtics need to sign".  That would be free agents and thus doable.  Especially with all the cap space the C's have.  Why would anyone tell a team they have to trade for someone when that team has no control over it?

Now, I have no idea if this is true (I would be surprised if Durant did this or had his agent do this) but if we are gonna talk about it shouldn't we stick with the actual rumor. 

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Not necessarily. C's have the cap for two players. If KD signs here they can leverage Westbrook bolting risk for nothing and offer

3 pick, JJ, AJ, RJ, 2018 Nets pick and IT for Westbrook.
Then sign KD and LeBron.

End up with
Westbrook/Rozier
AB/Smart/Young
KD/Crowder
LeBron/Mikey
KO/(Edit add:Gasol)
Also you have 16th pick, 23 pick, 31st pick to add more depth at Center. There are a lot of decent big this draft too.

Edit add: salary of team with Westbrook trade but no KD, or LeBron  (they just commit don't sign) is $44.2 million for westbrook, smart, rozier, ab, crowder, young, mickey and ko. So they could offer near max for LeBron and KD or year one they take pay cut and team adds Gasol. Mega team any one?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:07:21 PM by Csfan1984 »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Not necessarily. C's have the cap for two players. If KD signs here they can leverage Westbrook bolting risk for nothing and offer

Then sign KD and LeBron.

End up with
Westbrook/Rozier
AB/Smart/Young
KD/Crowder
LeBron/Mikey
KO/
Also you have 16th pick, 23 pick, 31st pick to add more depth at Center. There are a lot of decent big this draft too.

Stop.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I suspect that it's probably expressed in the form of, "These are various free agents I would like to play with and that would make your team a more attractive landing spot for me.", not , "You have to get all these guys."

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I suspect that it's probably expressed in the form of, "These are various free agents I would like to play with and that would make your team a more attractive landing spot for me.", not , "You have to get all these guys."

Right. And definitely not, "if you get these guys I will come." Also, I'm sure this same list went to OKC.

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
Quote from: PaulP34 link=topic=84855.msg2095648#msg2095648 date[shadow=red,left
[/shadow]=1464733982]

Then sign KD and LeBron.

End up with
Westbrook/Rozier
AB/Smart/Young
KD/Crowder
LeBron/Mikey
KO/(Edit add:Gasol)

Edit add: salary of team with Westbrook trade but no KD, or LeBron  (they just commit don't sign) is $44.2 million for westbrook, smart, rozier, ab, crowder, young, mickey and ko. So they could offer near max for LeBron and KD or year one they take pay cut and team adds Gasol. Mega team any one?

😂 please stop I almost crapped my pants 😂

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Stranger things have happened?

Not many

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
New report on KD

The Oklahoma City Thunder have a "real concern" with the Golden State Warriors' infatuation with signing Kevin Durant, according to a source.

Durant and the Thunder were one win away from defeating the Warriors in the Western Conference Finals.

“I was just stuck in the moment,” Durant told The Undefeated. “Man, we just lost the game. I embraced my teammates, the coach and GM. I really had no thoughts. I just let everyone know that I felt the same pain that they felt. I just wanted to go through that moment together.”

In free agency, Durant will rely on his agent Rich Kleiman of Roc Nation and his business manager and childhood friend Charlie Bell as he considers his options.

“We will figure it out,” Durant said. “I will talk to my agent, my best friend and my dad. Just talk to those three guys and get some advice from other people. But for the most part, I will talk to them in the next couple of weeks. I don’t even know where my mind is right now.

“I can’t think about what is going to happen in a month. I’m just thinking about what we’ve all been through as a team and embrace my brothers right now.”

Durant would look weak joining up with GSW after losing to them 1 game away from the Finals

Just come to the weak East and build the team that fits you best , and let Brad take you to another level in a real offense .