Author Topic: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Round 2 Game 3 5/7  (Read 134200 times)

Re: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Round 2 Game 3 5/7
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'd like to see Doc use Jermaine O'Neal for the first 7 minutes of each quarter and Shaq for the final 5 minutes of each quarter.

That'll give Jermaine around 28 minutes and Shaq 20 minutes.

It also has Shaq finishing the half and fourth quarter alongside the Big Four + has Jermaine in the second unit as a defensive anchor in second and fourth quarters.
Except Shaq is not a great FT shooter.  I would rather see JO at the end of the 4th quarter for that reason alone.  I would be thrilled if Shaq could actually play 20 minutes.  I'll be happy with 15.

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Steve Javie, Bob Delaney and Bill Kennedy reffing tonight. >:(

Shaq called out Delaney after the Christmas game last year...and Bill Kennedy is just horrible when it comes to Cs.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 01:27:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Shaq called out Delaney after the Christmas game last year...and Bill Kennedy is just horrible when it comes to Cs.

SMH...cue up the miami FT parade

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

SMH...cue up the miami FT parade

We might get some favourable calls because of home court. Although, Kennedy and Delaney make me a little nervous.

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

Ouch, that's rough...Doc and Kennedy have a bad history too.

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
For ref haters like me: ;D

* Javie tossed Rivers from a forgettable loss in Phoenix in January (the same game Kevin Garnett got ejected from for his low blow on Channing Frye). Rivers was fined $15,000 for not leaving the court in a timely manner.

Said Rivers of Javie: "He actually came into our huddle. We were standing there, he came up to us. I'll tell you exactly what was said. He said, 'You guys are complaining way too much.' And I said, 'Well, let's make the right calls.' And his answer back was, 'I'll make a call for you.' And that's how I got the tech... I didn't have any choice words for him. I didn't say a word. I didn't even swear then. You know what I said? 'It's about the game. It's not about one individual.' That's all I said, over and over again."

* Delaney drew the ire of Shaquille O'Neal in a Christmas Day matchup against Orlando in which the Big Shamrock fouled out in only 13 minutes of play during a nationally televised battle.

O'Neal was fined $35,000 for his comments on the officiating.

Said Shaq of Delaney: "I guess they came out to see No. 26 [Delaney's uniform number] today. He was a great player out there today... [Fans] paid all that money to watch No. 26 play. If I was a fan, I would be p---ed. You pay all that money for good seats, you have two of the best guys in the [NBA] sitting on the bench, out of the game. That is what happens when you have control freaks out there."

* Rivers and Kennedy landed in the headlines during the 2008-09 season after Kennedy gave Rivers the gate in a game against the Chicago Bulls. Rivers was fined $25,000 and Kennedy was also fined for the incident.

Said Rivers of Kennedy: "The technical on which I got thrown out was the most unprofessional technical by a ref I've ever had. He stood there and goaded me and goaded me and stared at me. Look at the film. I actually walked away. He asked me, 'Where do you want the ball?' And I said, 'Ask them,' talking about my players. That's my right to say that, and he walked away... He stood there and stared me down and stared me down and goaded me until I turned around and said, 'What?' That's when I got thrown out of the game. In a [5-point] game? Think about that."

Link

Bad calls or not..I still think we'll win this game.

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »

Offline Dirk

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
the team to beat...
a force to reckon with...
just pick your poison.

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 01:59:57 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
8:15 is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGG way away

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 02:15:11 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Let's get a win.

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report
Steve Javie
Playoff Games: 5 (all as lead)
Home Team win % in playoffs: 80%
Fouls called per game: 36.6
Percent of calls on Home Team:44 %
Technical fouls called per game: 2.6
Steve Javie has been officiating games since the 1986-87 season and has officiated over 1,300+ regular season games, 190+ play-off games, and 18 NBA Finals games. He had refereed in the Finals every year since 1995 up until last year when he missed the playoffs with a knee injury. He is one of the more respected referees in the league by most fans but he is not without controversy. He was fined for telling Pat Riley, when he was the coach of the Heat,  “It‘s giving us absolute delight to watch you and your team die.” He also isn't very well liked in Portland after tossing their broadcaster, Mike Rice, from a game. He was also once threatened by Sheed when he played in Portland. Javie's career was in jeopardy when he missed last year's playoffs with knee problems. He joins players like Wally Sczcerbiak, Jermaine O'Neal, Kobe Bryant and Brandon Roy who have knees that are reportedly bone on bone. The Celtics are 4-2 this season. One of the losses was in Phoenix where Javie called 2 technical fouls on Doc and tossed him and then called 2 on KG and tossed him as well as one each on Perk and Nate. No T's were called on the Suns although some were warranted. The 6 free throws and ejections ended a run by the Celtics and sealed the loss for them. Here is Doc's side of that ejection:

"He actually came into our huddle. We were standing there, he came up to us. I'll tell you exactly what was said. He said, 'You guys are complaining way too much.' And I said, 'Well, let's make the right calls.' And his answer back was, 'I'll make a call for you.' And that's how I got the tech... I didn't have any choice words for him. I didn't say a word. I didn't even swear then. You know what I said? 'It's about the game. It's not about one individual.' That's all I said, over and over again."
The Celtics are 7-3 in their last 10 with Javie calling the games.  The Heat are also 7-3 in their last 10 with Javie. Javie's home W/L record is 34-20 this season.

Bob Delaney
Playoff Games: 5 (4 as lead, 1 as crew)
Home Team win % in playoffs: 50% as  lead, 0% as crew
Fouls called per game: 46.3 as lead, 29 as crew
Percent of calls on Home Team: 44.8% as lead, 41.4% as crew
Technical fouls called per game: 1.5 as lead, 3.0 as crew
Delaney has officiated over 1,300 regular season games, 120+ play-off games and 7 NBA Finals games. Delaney was formerly a police officer. He worked under cover in an investigation of New Jersey organized crime and helped to bring a portion of the mob in that state down. Delaney has announced that this will be his final season as a ref as he plans to work on a movie about his experiences working under cover.   While serving as a police officer, Delaney was also a high school basketball referee in New Jersey from 1972 to 1982 and later officiated in the Continental Basketball Association (CBA) for four years before being selected by scouts to officiate in the NBA, beginning in 1987. The Celtics are 4-6 in their last 10 games with Delaney officiating and are 2-5  this season. The Heat are 6-1 this season and 8-2 with Delaney in their last 10 games. If you recall, it was Bob Delaney that Shaq was fined for calling out after the Celtics Christmas Day loss in Orlando. He was also terrible in the Denver game ignoring many Denver fouls including a flagrant by KMart on KG that should have been called. The Nuggets shot 23 free throws to just 15 for the Celtics. His home W/L record this season is 43-26

Bill Kennedy
Playoff Games: 6 (all as crew)
Home Team win % in playoffs: 100%
Fouls called per game: 42.3
Percent of calls on Home Team: 49.6%
Technical fouls called per game: 1.7
Celtics fans will remember Kennedy's run in with Doc Rivers that resulted in both of them being fined. Yes, David Stern fined one of his precious refs and certainly, Kennedy hasn't forgotten.   Here is how Doc described the incident:

"[Kennedy] stood there and goaded me and goaded me and goaded me and stared at me," Rivers said. "Look at the film. I actually walked away. He asked me, 'Where do you want the ball?' And I said, 'Ask them,' talking about our players. That's my right to say that, and I walked away. He stood there and stared me down and stared me down and goaded me until I turned around and said, 'What?' That's when I got thrown out of the game."

Doc was fined for criticizing a referee, but since the league fined Kennedy, they as much as admitted that Doc's criticism was deserved. Go figure. According to Tim Donaghy, Bill Kennedy is gay and his beef with Doc stems from Doc questioning his sexual orientation.  The Celtics are 3-1 this season and 6-4 over their last 10 games with Kennedy on the court.   The Heat are 4-1 this season and 8-2 over their last 10 games with Kennedy calling the games.   His home W/L record this season is 53-24
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:51:29 PM by FLCeltsFan »

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Yuck, that is one horrible officiating draw. I guess that Stern is rather upset that one of his teams the Lakers are struggling right now. So he wants to make sure his other team Miami Heat makes it.

This could be a rematch of the Mavs vs Heat Finals in Antione Walkers only title season (and Shaq's last NBA championship too come to think of it).

This game has historical significance to me..... I am putting the maximum preperation I can (you know, the lucky charms and what not).... I hope that you fellow bloggers are doing your comfortable routine and Lets Git R Done and not go quitely in the night.

Larry Bird never let his teams lose in this situation. It will be up to Paul Pierce and Rondo to follow the traditions of Bill Russell, John Havlicek, Bob Cousy, Dave Cowens, and of course Larry Bird.

OK Back to work, this is my last appearence with the blog until Celtics Stuff Live at the end of the game.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
This is the MOST IMPORTANT game of the season. The Lakers are down 0-3 because they are not play their game, ORL same story against us last years ECF. Unlike these two teams we are down 0-2 and heading HOME. The Jungle. I didn't get to a game this year, but I wish I could be at this one.

If their is a god, he's wearing green today!  ;D

Let's go C's, one game at a time. We got this!
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 04:05:08 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
TP's all around. Tonight is the first win in the series, and the first step on the way to #18.

Let's go Celtics! clap   clap   clap clap clap!
Let's go Celtics! clap   clap   clap clap clap!

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
People are focused on Shaq making the difference, but Rondo will win or lose the next two games for us imo

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
People are focused on Shaq making the difference, but Rondo will win or lose the next two games for us imo
Agreed -- Rondo is the engine to this Celtics team especially against this Miami squad.

It's on his shoulders.