Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232770 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #465 on: April 18, 2019, 10:23:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Amazed at the TNT announcing crew that just keeps hammering home how many games Embiid has missed this year and throughout his career. You almost never hear that stuff coming out of national announcing crews. It's usually all hype, hype, hype.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 11:00:35 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #466 on: April 18, 2019, 10:23:25 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Nets and Magic are simply out classed tbh... Can't wait to see Kawhi destroy Ben Simmons hopes and dreams.

« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2019, 10:39:51 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Simmons dominated..at times I was not sure Butler was on court but he was.....lucky they win still but Nets are clearly outmatched.

« Reply #468 on: April 18, 2019, 10:43:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Welp, looks like the 76ers are taking this series. They've finally woken up.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #469 on: April 18, 2019, 10:58:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Amazed at the TNT announcing crew just keeps hammering home how many games Embiid has missed this year and throughout his career. You almost never hear that stuff coming out of national announcing crews. It's usually all hype, hype, hype.
I've been pondering this. Are the Sixers better off moving Embiid instead of Simmons.  Embiid is clearly the better player and he is locked up long term so even with the shaky health I believe they could get more for him then they could for Simmons.  Perhaps then the Sixers can get better fitting parts around Simmons.  Just a thought
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #470 on: April 18, 2019, 11:01:40 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Simmons dominated..at times I was not sure Butler was on court but he was.....lucky they win still but Nets are clearly outmatched.

I figured he would because Embiid was out, he operated around the low post a lot more:

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #471 on: April 18, 2019, 11:02:03 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Some good home cooking for the Clips so far.

« Reply #472 on: April 18, 2019, 11:02:36 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
So what's it gonna take to get Patrick Beverley on this team next season? Need another antagonist like him.

« Reply #473 on: April 18, 2019, 11:05:30 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Clips can't seem to score, but Warriors have a lot of early foul calls against them.

This could bite them later.

« Reply #474 on: April 18, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Amazed at the TNT announcing crew just keeps hammering home how many games Embiid has missed this year and throughout his career. You almost never hear that stuff coming out of national announcing crews. It's usually all hype, hype, hype.
I've been pondering this. Are the Sixers better off moving Embiid instead of Simmons.  Embiid is clearly the better player and he is locked up long term so even with the shaky health I believe they could get more for him then they could for Simmons.  Perhaps then the Sixers can get better fitting parts around Simmons.  Just a thought
Makes sense. If they and the medical staff think Embiid might constantly be missing 20 games a year and be hard to keep healthy for the playoffs, now might be the best time to move on from him. If next year he misses another 20-25 games and is on a minutes restriction or hurt for the playoffs, hurting the team, the Sixers certainly wouldn't get what they would if they moved him this summer.

Would the Knicks trade their pick for Embiid to match him up with an incoming Durant? Would make more sense for the Knicks than Durant trying to train Zion on how to play championship quality NBA ball for a couple years.

Knicks build around Durant/Embiid and Sixers have Zion/Simmons/Butler/Harris to move forward with, though maybe Butler takes off if he feels he has to give shots to a rookie. Probably lose Butler so maybe that trade isn't so great.

« Reply #475 on: April 18, 2019, 11:15:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Derrick White for MVP

« Reply #476 on: April 18, 2019, 11:17:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Spurs blowing out Nuggets.

Should've been up 3-0 after tonight

« Reply #477 on: April 18, 2019, 11:49:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Makes sense. If they and the medical staff think Embiid might constantly be missing 20 games a year and be hard to keep healthy for the playoffs, now might be the best time to move on from him. If next year he misses another 20-25 games and is on a minutes restriction or hurt for the playoffs, hurting the team, the Sixers certainly wouldn't get what they would if they moved him this summer.

Would the Knicks trade their pick for Embiid to match him up with an incoming Durant? Would make more sense for the Knicks than Durant trying to train Zion on how to play championship quality NBA ball for a couple years.

Knicks build around Durant/Embiid and Sixers have Zion/Simmons/Butler/Harris to move forward with, though maybe Butler takes off if he feels he has to give shots to a rookie. Probably lose Butler so maybe that trade isn't so great.
If the Sixers are stupid enough to put Embiid on the market, Danny better be the first in line to make an offer. 

The Sixers ran Embiid into the ground (only missed 4 of their first 58 games).  65 games a season is plenty for Embiid and it will easily get the Sixers into the playoffs.  Kawhi has only played more than 66 games twice in his 8 seasons.  Don't see anyone suggesting he be put on the trade block. 

« Reply #478 on: April 19, 2019, 12:18:43 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

« Reply #479 on: April 19, 2019, 12:43:55 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
I don't think the Warriors are gonna blow a 32 point lead this time around