Author Topic: Key to Game 4  (Read 4364 times)

Re: Key to Game 4
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Settling for bad mid range jump shots hurt them

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 06:56:08 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Among many other things, get Horford more involved.  He had 0 shot attempts in the first quarter of game 3.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

it was the avery Bradley offense. no wonder we lost...

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 08:47:56 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
The C's need to stop double teaming LEbron, let him get his, he'll wear out like he usually does.

Stop going under screens, look for them to happen, you should know if you're guarding Kover he's getting one.

Move the ball side to side, too many quick shots. Cleveland is bad on D, LEbron dosen't close out most of the time and the rest are old and slow. Once you get them moving you'll get a shot around the 5 second mark.

I almost want to see Smart start in the next game. He's been one of the only ones that can get to the paint and find an open man. Rozier has been a bit "scary" dribbling into the pant the last few games. Maybe going against the bench will help him a bit more.

Yeah, it was annoying seeing Baynes leave his man in an effort to double/contain Lebron, only for Lebron to find the open Thompson or whoever else was cutting inside for an easy layup or dunk.

That said, we got to keep hounding their role players on the perimeter. They made some tough shots, yes, but it felt like Hill and JR were left wide open a ton of times in the 1st half. They were rarely left open in any form during Games 1 and 2.

Agree. When the Cavs get the switch they want on LeBum, usually when they get Rozier on him and he starts posting up, you can just feel every single Celtic getting ready to help. Then LeBum finds the open man. They need to trust each other and if LeBum gets 40 so be it.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 08:49:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

We're going to have to make adjustments though, because to CLE's credit, they did clog up the lanes/paint fairly well and forced BOS to beat them with jump shots. It obviously worked for them. We've got to counter!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 08:57:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Shoot a NBA % number. of respectable effort

Make your wide open shots

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 09:22:32 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
The C's need to stop double teaming LEbron, let him get his, he'll wear out like he usually does.

Stop going under screens, look for them to happen, you should know if you're guarding Kover he's getting one.

Move the ball side to side, too many quick shots. Cleveland is bad on D, LEbron dosen't close out most of the time and the rest are old and slow. Once you get them moving you'll get a shot around the 5 second mark.

I almost want to see Smart start in the next game. He's been one of the only ones that can get to the paint and find an open man. Rozier has been a bit "scary" dribbling into the pant the last few games. Maybe going against the bench will help him a bit more.

This is absolutely correct. Let LeBron get his 40 and limit his passing.

yep. what did we do to win forst two?

1) ATTACK THE RIM ALL GAME

2) MAKE LEBRON SHOOT JAYS

3) prevent lebron from getting to rim

4) shut down rest of their shooters

5) win
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2018, 09:26:07 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

We're going to have to make adjustments though, because to CLE's credit, they did clog up the lanes/paint fairly well and forced BOS to beat them with jump shots. It obviously worked for them. We've got to counter!

if they all collapse like that then we should be getting uncontested 3 looks. we have to hit those.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2018, 09:28:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

if they all collapse like that then we should be getting uncontested 3 looks. we have to hit those.

That's what I mean. We had open looks, and missed them. That contributed to the loss.

But it wasn't the only reason either. Guys for Cleveland were left WIDE OPEN especially in the first half, and they started to pull away. Very different from how great our defense looked Games 1 and 2.

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2018, 09:30:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I am hoping for the same kind of effort they had in game 4 vs the Bucks without being screwed over by the refs...

But you know it is going to be Brothers and Foster...

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 09:34:08 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Amazing how Foster and brothers get the pivotal game ....to stop a potential sweep OR trigger a huge comeback...

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2018, 09:38:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I am hoping for the same kind of effort they had in game 4 vs the Bucks without being screwed over by the refs...

Yeah I'm already ruing the announcement that it's Brothers/Foster tomorrow.

But that might actually be better than having them in Game 5 especially if the series is 2-2 by then  :o

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 09:40:16 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

But that might actually be better than having them in Game 5 especially if the series is 2-2 by then  :o

im so sick of hearing about that duo, can we just win tomm to put that crap to rest or do they really have it our for us? lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2018, 09:41:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

im so sick of hearing about that duo, can we just win tomm to put that crap to rest or do they really have it our for us? lol

We're 0-8 the last 8 playoff games reffed by Brothers. Our lone loss in the PHI series was reffed by these two clowns, and they screwed us in the 1st half (Boston had 12 fouls to just 1 PHI foul in the 2nd quarter smh).

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2018, 09:42:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

We're 0-8 the last 8 playoff games reffed by Brothers. Our lone loss in the PHI series was reffed by these two clowns, and they screwed us in the 1st half (Boston had 12 fouls to just 1 PHI foul in the 2nd quarter smh).

Celtics do not know how to work the refs at all.