Author Topic: The best regular season Celts, lost the ECF  (Read 2793 times)

The best regular season Celts, lost the ECF
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:43:53 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
I don't understand why everyone wants the current squad to go 68-14 (or better) when the last team, '73 C's, did the same thing and lost cause of Hondo's elbow.

I'd rather have a normal 60+ win season, have everyone healthy, rested, and ready to beat LA.

Re: The best regular season Celts, lost the ECF
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:48:01 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
You do know that more wins doesn't necessarily mean injuries and playoff losses. Right? The 95-96 Chicago Bulls went 72-10 and then became NBA Champions...

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 10:55:47 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
You do know that more wins doesn't necessarily mean injuries and playoff losses. Right? The 95-96 Chicago Bulls went 72-10 and then became NBA Champions...

this is an exception, we have 3 HOF players past their prime, they had 3 HOF players in the middle of their prime.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
If we'd won 62 games, would Hondo have not injured his elbow?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 07:49:37 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

this is an exception, we have 3 HOF players past their prime, they had 3 HOF players in the middle of their prime.

I don't know about the middle of their prime.  Rodman was 34, and Jordan was 32 that year.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I don't know about the middle of their prime.  Rodman was 34, and Jordan was 32 that year.

Good point Roy and the Bulls won the championship the following year with 69 wins.  7 out of 9 teams with at least 67 wins in fact won the championship that year (remember Dallas being the other team that blew it a few years back).

I think what we have to worry about is not worrying about exerting too much energy racking up victories but minute distribution for the big 3.   This team could win close to or around 70 wins if everyone stays healthy and the big 3's minutes remain around 35 MPG and under.   I'll certainly be fine with that going into the playoffs.  However say if Daniels is out for a while and Pierce's minutes approach 40 MPG which it did for a stretch towards the end of last season then that is when I'll worry.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 10:08:12 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
If we'd won 62 games, would Hondo have not injured his elbow?

Really. If someone can guarantee that we won't have any injuries if we only win 55 games I'm all for it.