Author Topic: Smart Takes Too Many Bad Shots  (Read 12376 times)

Re: Smart Takes Too Many Bad Shots
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2020, 04:50:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I would trade Smart for other role players. Smart is bad on offense and he's "average" on defense this season. Would trade him for a guy like Ish Smith without hesitation.
Lol. There’s a reason Smart is a one club player, and Ish was the biggest journeyman of the 2010s.

I’m sure Ainge is open to the idea... but only for legitimate upgrades. Like a big
The weirdest think about Ish Smith is that he's such a bad FT shooter, when he loves that mid range pull up.

« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2020, 04:51:08 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Would you trade him for Robert Covington? Same versatility on defense, but a bit more of a threat as a shooter without taking bad shots.

He's also a pretty low usage offensive player. He's a guy who you can just stick in the corner.
Covington is at least as valuable as Smart around the league, age and future value might complicate that though.

Probably more on the in season market because 3 & D big wings are more plug and play than combo guard defender who needs to handle the ball some to be playable.

I agree, but the Wolves need two things: someone to run their offense and some nasty.

Smart gives that to them better than Roco.

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2020, 06:11:25 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I would trade Smart for other role players. Smart is bad on offense and he's "average" on defense this season. Would trade him for a guy like Ish Smith without hesitation.
What would you say if I told you that Ish Smith is only a little more efficient of a scorer than Marcus lol.  ;)

(not joking go look it up)

This actually doesn't surprise me. I guess Ish Smith is just like Khris Middleton and Buddy Hield. These guys are average against everyone else but against the Celtics they look like hall of famers.

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What would you say if I told you that Ish Smith is only a little more efficient of a scorer than Marcus lol.  ;)

This actually doesn't surprise me. I guess Ish Smith is just like Khris Middleton and Buddy Hield. These guys are average against everyone else but against the Celtics they look like hall of famers.
Middleton... the All-Star? Hield is also not average - 20PPG two years running.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

Middleton... the All-Star? Hield is also not average - 20PPG two years running.
yeah this took a weird turn.  I wouldn't mind Ish Smith.  Think he'd be a fine back-up PG, but he is not as good as Smart and it isn't close.  And to Ish's credit he is shooting the most 3's of his career this year at a meager 2.7 a game and is hitting them at 35.2%.  If Smart was doing that, this thread wouldn't exist. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip