Author Topic: Ben Simmons alludes to recruiting lebron to 76ers  (Read 3656 times)

Re: Ben Simmons alludes to recruiting lebron to 76ers
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 03:39:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Are players allowed to do this? I get he isn't front office but crazy magic Johnson can't say Giannis is a great players but Simmons can do this.
Of course they can.  It happens all the time.  The only way there would be an issue would be if it became public that it was being done at the direction of the Sixers organization.

I'm pretty glad Tatum and brown don't do this stuff. Just seems like a distraction
Half a minute to do an Instagram post is a distraction?  Players have a lot of downtime.  You don't know what Tatum and Brown are doing with theirs.

It's not the time spent. Why on earth with you think I meant that? I meant worrying about luring free agents during the offseason in the middle of the playoff race. I didn't really love it when IT did this kind of Stuff either. If you don't care or find it tiresome good for you.
If IT hadn't done it we might not have gotten Hayward.  You can bet Pierce recruited KG. 

One Instagram post during the AllStar weekend doesn't mean that Simmons is worrying about recruiting Lebron.  He's just having fun.

You have evidence that social media posts made by IT helped get hawyward? Definitely the first I have heard of this

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 03:41:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
The Lakers traded Nance and Clarkson to the team Lebron is currently on, and they will likely lose Randle and maybe even Lopez, KCP and/or a few bench guys in the process to sign Lebron and George.

Yes, they have Ball, Ingram and Kuzma, but that still is quite a bit of inexperience and not a sure title contender for at least a few years. Playoff team? Absolutely. Contender? Well, unless they somehow add like 2 extremely good bench guys, I'm not seeing it in a loaded West.

Could add Wade and Carmelo with minimums and exceptions. Then you got buyouts and stretched guys. Not saying it will happen, but it could be done

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 03:45:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Lakers traded Nance and Clarkson to the team Lebron is currently on, and they will likely lose Randle and maybe even Lopez, KCP and/or a few bench guys in the process to sign Lebron and George.

Yes, they have Ball, Ingram and Kuzma, but that still is quite a bit of inexperience and not a sure title contender for at least a few years. Playoff team? Absolutely. Contender? Well, unless they somehow add like 2 extremely good bench guys, I'm not seeing it in a loaded West.

Could add Wade and Carmelo with minimums and exceptions. Then you got buyouts and stretched guys. Not saying it will happen, but it could be done

Is adding Wade to a young team a positive? He caused problems in both Chicago and Cleveland.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2018, 03:54:08 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I'm pretty sure Anthony picks up his option and Wade either retires or signs a 1 year non minimum contract in Miami
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!

Is adding Wade to a young team a positive? He caused problems in both Chicago and Cleveland.

Yeah, and I think Wade is pretty much set at this point in staying in Miami. I mean, he went to CLE to play w/James again and it didn't seem to work. If he said what he did about staying in Miami and then goes to play for LAL less than a year later, it would also look bad for him.

And frankly, I don't see Carmelo playing in LAL for an exception (or less than 10M).

My main point in what I said was, that's a great team, but in terms of being a contender in the loaded West, they still are some years away. And having a deep bench can really help, as Houston, San Antonio, Toronto are showing us, but LAL wouldn't have any with all they may lose to even bring in Lebron + George.

It would be one thing if Kuzma, Ingram and Ball were maybe a few years older and grew into legitimate all-stars.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2018, 04:09:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Whether it is wade or Anthony or some other guys similar to David west, there are always players that come in for cheap for a chance to compete for a title/and play with Lebron. Maybe Lopez goes for the minimum. We saw young and casspi do this this offseason as ok bench player, rockets now have  nene, Gerald green, Joe Johnson and mbah a Moute in their rotation on cheap deals. With money especially tight this offseason their may be even more players signing for cheap short deals. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 04:17:55 PM by celticsclay »