Author Topic: Trade Idea: Wannamaker and Poirier and a Pick (Mil 1st) for Saric (Phoenix)  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
First time trade idea post.

After watching Waters in the G league and limited minutes I was thinking about how to get him playing/development on the NBA roster this year.  The obvious choice was to replace Wannamaker, but how?

Right now Rubio is playing well for Phoenix but my understanding is that they really drop off when he's not on the floor. They need a serviceable back up PG and Wannamaker is that.  Poirier is here for salary filler, the reason Phoenix really does the deal is for whatever pick(s) are included.

Saric has legit PF size and would give the Celtics some offense with the second unit.

Thoughts?   

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I like the idea of Saric.   The only value in this trade the Suns may want is the draft pick.  It may cost more in terms of a 2nd round pick or Celtics pick instead of Bucks pick.   

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I like the idea of Saric.   The only value in this trade the Suns may want is the draft pick.  It may cost more in terms of a 2nd round pick or Celtics pick instead of Bucks pick.

they gett n a draft pick and table scrapes

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I like Saric with our team as well.  He would be someone who wouldn't break the bank that might actually help us down the stretch.

I am not sure about including Wannamaker though.  I know he seems under appreciated here, but as a 3rd point guard behind Kemba and Smart I think he is pretty good.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I like Saric with our team as well.  He would be someone who wouldn't break the bank that might actually help us down the stretch.

I am not sure about including Wannamaker though.  I know he seems under appreciated here, but as a 3rd point guard behind Kemba and Smart I think he is pretty good.

If we think Waters is ready (many talent evaluators seem to think so), it makes sense to move Wanamaker. His value will probably never be higher.

Not sure I see the value for PHO though, they have young PGs they want to develop. They might prefer a prospect like Javonte Green.

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Would love to see Saric here. Always liked him. And salary wise we can make it work a few different ways - I'd love to give Waters more time as a third guard, but it's a slight risk. I'd feel better moving Green - I do like him but there's not much space for him here.

Saric is the right kind of player for our bench and would fit in a number of lineups.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Don’t take the June fun away from Danny ! Lol

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

If we think Waters is ready (many talent evaluators seem to think so), it makes sense to move Wanamaker. His value will probably never be higher.

Not sure I see the value for PHO though, they have young PGs they want to develop. They might prefer a prospect like Javonte Green.

Not really. If we keep Waters on a two way he can only be with the team for 45 days, and if we sign him now we can only do a 2 year contract (more like 1.5 now). If we wait until this summer, we can sign him to a 4 year deal and have him locked down longer.

That said, I wouldn't mind a deal like that if we also brought in a vet PG with a decent outside shot.

Also, is Green really considered a prospect? He's 26
I'm bitter.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Not really. If we keep Waters on a two way he can only be with the team for 45 days, and if we sign him now we can only do a 2 year contract (more like 1.5 now). If we wait until this summer, we can sign him to a 4 year deal and have him locked down longer.

That said, I wouldn't mind a deal like that if we also brought in a vet PG with a decent outside shot.

The intelligent move with Waters is the one the team had to start the season. Make him a 2 way. Let him develop. Then sign him for 4 years this summer and he takes over Wanamaker's role next year when Wanamaker isn't here. I do not see a need to change that plan. You are going to want to have him on that long term, cost controlled contract for 4 years given the money the team will be shelling out to Tatum, Kemba, Brown and possibly Hayward.

I like the idea of bringing in Saric, a guy who has seemed to always play well against Boston. Poirier seem a good starting place to match salaries. Maybe add in the Milwaukee pick or a couple 2nd rounders. If they want Green then, yeah, throw him in too, but if you do forget the Milwaukee pick, just give them the 2nd rounders.

Just not sure what would be enough or what the Suns will want and what other offers they would get. Admittedly, my offers aren't great.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The intelligent move with Waters is the one the team had to start the season. Make him a 2 way. Let him develop. Then sign him for 4 years this summer and he takes over Wanamaker's role next year when Wanamaker isn't here. I do not see a need to change that plan. You are going to want to have him on that long term, cost controlled contract for 4 years given the money the team will be shelling out to Tatum, Kemba, Brown and possibly Hayward.

I like the idea of bringing in Saric, a guy who has seemed to always play well against Boston. Poirier seem a good starting place to match salaries. Maybe add in the Milwaukee pick or a couple 2nd rounders. If they want Green then, yeah, throw him in too, but if you do forget the Milwaukee pick, just give them the 2nd rounders.

Just not sure what would be enough or what the Suns will want and what other offers they would get. Admittedly, my offers aren't great.
TP - beat me to posting the same thoughts

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
At the risk of bumping my own thread. Interesting article from a beat reporter from AZ:

https://arizonasports.com/story/2225873/phoenix-suns-should-consider-young-reserve-rentals-at-trade-deadline/amp/

They mention trading  for Semi.

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
At the risk of bumping my own thread. Interesting article from a beat reporter from AZ:

https://arizonasports.com/story/2225873/phoenix-suns-should-consider-young-reserve-rentals-at-trade-deadline/amp/

They mention trading  for Semi.
A few days ago I was lurking on Grizzlies fan forum and some were suggesting trading for semi. They has similar rationale. Semi might do well in the right system

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we are locked in to GWill as a rotation piece, then it seems only 'fair' to Semi to trade him if there are potential suitors out there. I've always liked him as a player and person, but his upside is fairly limited at this point on the Cs.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Any way we could add Baynes to the package lol?

But Saric is definitely someone I'd love to get. Semi + Wannamaker + Poirier and a 1st round pick + future 2nd get it done for Baynes + Saric? Otherwise, Ojeyele + pick(s) for Saric would be alright.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I like Saric