Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 200000 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
So the Pacers are beating the TWolves 124-103 at Minny. Domantas Sabonis went 7 for 7 tonight presumably against KAT.

Is that what happened?

Jimmy Butler didn't play.  The Pacers also went 10/22 from three.  And Darren Collison had like 32 assists.

I think teams care a lot more about developing their system and cohesion early on, especially with new pieces.  CLE seemed to do that all season last year, and LBJ was open about it.
Towns and Wiggins are still continuing their poor defensive play.  If they can't play average defense, I'd expect the TWolves to fall short of expectations again.

If  they can't play D, Thibs is gonna blow a gasket.

« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2017, 01:02:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
 Lauri Markkanen was really stroking the ball last night. He might be better than i thought he would be.

« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2017, 03:55:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Check out what Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis are doing so far this season.

Perhaps Westbrook wasn't the lone quality player on a team lacking in real talent last year.

Perhaps his teammates looked bad because *gasp* it's hard to shine when one guy has all the touches.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2017, 04:29:04 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Perhaps Westbrook wasn't the lone quality player on a team lacking in real talent last year.

Perhaps his teammates looked bad because *gasp* it's hard to shine when one guy has all the touches.

What’s with your digs at Westbrook. They weren’t really that good because they just weren’t. The Thunder last year was terrible when Westbrook sat.

« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2017, 04:53:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

What’s with your digs at Westbrook. They weren’t really that good because they just weren’t. The Thunder last year was terrible when Westbrook sat.

Basketball is a team sport -- the best teams figure out how to maximize and integrate the skillsets of their players.

Last year, the Thunder were the Westbrook show.  Everything was geared toward him racking up counting stats and doing as much as possible.

It wasn't conducive to the development or success of any of his teammates, and I always thought it was incorrect that people criticized the talent around him instead of focusing on the way he was dominating everything.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Basketball is a team sport -- the best teams figure out how to maximize and integrate the skillsets of their players.

Last year, the Thunder were the Westbrook show.  Everything was geared toward him racking up counting stats and doing as much as possible.

It wasn't conducive to the development or success of any of his teammates, and I always thought it was incorrect that people criticized the talent around him instead of focusing on the way he was dominating everything.

Sounds exactly like what I said about IT4. It didn't matter what the others guys did to help out, they just got carried on his shoulders in most people's eyes.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2017, 07:22:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Oladipo didn't set the world on fire in his 3 season with the Magic.  Four games into the season is way too early to draw conclusions.  The Pacers have played Nets, Blazers, Heat and TWolves (without Butler) who are rather weak defensive teams.   

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

They both are starting out strong but that trade was still terrible.

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Why is D-lo not playing right now?

« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2017, 08:06:09 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Why is D-lo not playing right now?
Minor knee sprain.  He's day to day.   

« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2017, 08:30:19 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Its disgusting to see LeBaby whine to the refs without getting T's.

« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2017, 08:40:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Its disgusting to see LeBaby whine to the refs without getting T's.

The one constant with NBA refs, babying 'Bron....

« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Philly has Houston on the Rox w/1:07 left

World is upside down.

« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2017, 09:20:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Eric Gordon buzzer-beater 3 to take the Sixers down by 1!

Harden with some awful defense throughout but a huge block late then the assist to Gordon. Philly defended the play pretty well too.

« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2017, 09:22:50 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Philly has Houston on the Rox w/1:07 left

World is upside down.

Sixers blew it, like usual.