Author Topic: Consolidate assets and go for the ring for years  (Read 978 times)

Consolidate assets and go for the ring for years
« on: January 24, 2018, 02:23:54 AM »

Offline johnk.grooms

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
With an abundance of picks and no way to use them all, why not trade Marcus mart, terry rozier, Marcus Morris, and a draft pick or 2 for Kenna walker? He's an immediate scoring option and excellent sixth man of the future, and a potential all-star. I'd give the lowest two of next years draft. Then trade this years first using the doe for Julius randle? Randle replaces Morris and some of Smarts versatility, but essentially we get a better player who is more skilled at scoring which we desperately need and replace D for a small price, for now and in the future. And if our second traded player, i.e. Rabdle wonds up walking, we got the MPE to replace them this summer. Thoughts?

Re: Consolidate assets and go for the ring for years
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 04:59:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I don't believe it is time to stop building. We still have picks, exception, young guys...

Kemba would be a 6th man of the year at least 4 years in a row.
However one of the most underrated qualities in a player is the role acceptance and I'm pretty sure it would be hard if not impossible sell to him.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: Consolidate assets and go for the ring for years
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 07:25:45 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Walker would never be content as a backup at this stage of his career.  Plus I don't think he's all that great anyway.  Put him on a better team where he doesn't get such a high volume of usage and I don't think he'll look special.  Someone like Lou Williams would cost much less in terms of assets and salary and will provide similar production.