Author Topic: This team need a real coach and new GM  (Read 8066 times)

Re: This team need a real coach and new GM
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2017, 11:15:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In fact, these two blowout losses show that Ainge was right when most people here asked for help at the deadline. What happened to the Raptors with PJ Tucker and Ibaka? Swept. What would have happened to us with Ibaka, Tucker, Williams, Bogut, Bogdanovic, Jennings or any name we could have gotten? Swept. What would have happened giving our nš 1 pick this year and players for Butler? Swept or one/two wins, which changes nothing. We would have lost assets, and Ainge knew that so he stood pat. He was right... again  ::) And people like the opening poster wants him fired. I guess if we had Billy King at the front office, he may hang himself. Some of you don't deserve this ownership, this front office and this coach. Period.

We can't beat these Cavaliers and Warriors right now, let's see how next summer works for us and for them.

Well said, Dario. TP.  Ainge is playing is long game
I saw our future in Jaylen Brown. Cavs are rolling. We made the ECF great season. Lebron poured it on he hates Boston. 2010 has never left him.
The coaching has clearly been exposed though. Once the other team takes away the one thing we want to do offensively, the team is clearly lost.

Well since IT is the only thing that this team can do, it's not surprising. We don't have any leaders on the floor, which every good coach needs. The ones with that potential are young and inexperienced.

Horford is a good lockerroom vet. But he's like Allen was, quite on the floor. IT has a little PP in him, but when things go south he's quite. Smart could be out KG, the crazy yelling at everyone guy,  but lacks the experience and respect from teammates.

I think Brown will be PP type of leader, he's great in interviews, and he has that swagger when he's playing well. Kid just needs to grow up some before he takes that on.

Unfortunately I dom't know if any of the FA's are those kind of guys. I'm not even sure if PG13 is one. We might be in for the long haul with the build.
No, that's patently false. I'm not saying that they should be able to run plays for other people with the same efficiency with which they run them for Thomas... but it's painfully obvious that they have nothing. They just run nothing. It's pretty much just tossing the ball around until someone can chuck a semi-open jumper.

This is poor preparation, and it is entirely on the coaching staff. I don't care whether you have a sharp drop-off in offense capability after Thomas. I'm disappointed, I really thought Brad S was starting to turn the page.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2017, 11:18:40 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
This kind of humiliation is no where being seen. The most negative record of NBA history for first time, being 31-72 after first half. Sure that this team does not have a real coach, but a kid, out of NBA level. Plus an irresponsible GM, who brings every year, in last 5 years only junk and mediocre players. This team have to be reformatted from ground zero, if pretend to see a real team during playoff

eugene...please...
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I was afraid of this situation, after the emotional previous playoffs and it was easy to see that Isaiah was injured and lacked the extra burst ,the ability to accelerate off hesitations his ability to initiate contact and hang-
Cleveland did not do this, an injury did
The spectre of a mortal Isaiah,a team in complete transition after the playoffs and to have no weapons to compete at any position.They were all missing wide open looks and being punished.
We are now witnessing isaiah's future as a slowed down older player and he doesn't deserve this.
The back up the brinks truck just got a flat tire
This also goes for kelly after his big game against wizards .Kelly may become affordable now.
Also these kind of losses make it easier for Ainge to let loose some of the players that we have grown attached too.
I think i used the word eviscerated in the sense of deprived of its accomplishments by this series
The lopsided scores and the loss of  the mercurial isaiah that could play through grief but not an injury that robbed him of his special tools speed,burst, vertical.

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
In fact, these two blowout losses show that Ainge was right when most people here asked for help at the deadline. What happened to the Raptors with PJ Tucker and Ibaka? Swept. What would have happened to us with Ibaka, Tucker, Williams, Bogut, Bogdanovic, Jennings or any name we could have gotten? Swept. What would have happened giving our nš 1 pick this year and players for Butler? Swept or one/two wins, which changes nothing. We would have lost assets, and Ainge knew that so he stood pat. He was right... again  ::) And people like the opening poster wants him fired. I guess if we had Billy King at the front office, he may hang himself. Some of you don't deserve this ownership, this front office and this coach. Period.

We can't beat these Cavaliers and Warriors right now, let's see how next summer works for us and for them.

Well said, Dario. TP.  Ainge is playing is long game
I saw our future in Jaylen Brown. Cavs are rolling. We made the ECF great season. Lebron poured it on he hates Boston. 2010 has never left him.
The coaching has clearly been exposed though. Once the other team takes away the one thing we want to do offensively, the team is clearly lost.

Well since IT is the only thing that this team can do, it's not surprising. We don't have any leaders on the floor, which every good coach needs. The ones with that potential are young and inexperienced.

Horford is a good lockerroom vet. But he's like Allen was, quite on the floor. IT has a little PP in him, but when things go south he's quite. Smart could be out KG, the crazy yelling at everyone guy,  but lacks the experience and respect from teammates.

I think Brown will be PP type of leader, he's great in interviews, and he has that swagger when he's playing well. Kid just needs to grow up some before he takes that on.

Unfortunately I dom't know if any of the FA's are those kind of guys. I'm not even sure if PG13 is one. We might be in for the long haul with the build.
No, that's patently false. I'm not saying that they should be able to run plays for other people with the same efficiency with which they run them for Thomas... but it's painfully obvious that they have nothing. They just run nothing. It's pretty much just tossing the ball around until someone can chuck a semi-open jumper.

This is poor preparation, and it is entirely on the coaching staff. I don't care whether you have a sharp drop-off in offense capability after Thomas. I'm disappointed, I really thought Brad S was starting to turn the page.

This is a valid concern, that Brad is a "system" coach, and far too invested in his model of it to see the instances where a departure is called for, perhaps event to the point of stubbornness at times. It may even be an aesthetic thing with him which could be a problem going forward.

For small ball to work against a team like the Cavs or Dubs will require better shooters, and better offensive players in general, than the Celtics have now.

In one way, it's the perfect system for an under-talented squad, in relative terms, like the ones he had at Butler and the ones he's had with the Cs thus far.

I'm figuring, and certainly hoping, he knows more than one style to coach.

And, all in all, they have over-achieved pretty significantly the last two years. Brad is one of the reasons. 

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 11:52:02 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I want to have a post in the dumbest started thread of the year (and that's saying something).

Please continue with this train wreck.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.