Author Topic: how good could morris get  (Read 2907 times)

Re: how good could morris get
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 03:26:33 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Marcus Morris is what he is: A good 7th/8th man to have on the roster. Everyone has already brought up what Mook brings on offense and defense, but when it comes to intangibles, he also brings a sense of toughness that this team needs especially since the roster is so young. I think he could potentially be huge for the Celtics come playoff time.

Fun fact about Mook: Despite seeing a huge drop in minutes from his days in Detroit, he's putting up the best rebounding numbers of his career. 5.5 is a career high despite just 25 minutes a night. that's also good for these career highs:
7.7 per 36 minutes
10.7 per 100 possessions
11.7% rebounding percentage

Given the difficult situation the Celtics had to deal with the cap after Gordon signed, I'm glad that we got Mook for Avery.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 05:11:50 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Marcus Morris is what he is: A good 7th/8th man to have on the roster. Everyone has already brought up what Mook brings on offense and defense, but when it comes to intangibles, he also brings a sense of toughness that this team needs especially since the roster is so young. I think he could potentially be huge for the Celtics come playoff time.

Fun fact about Mook: Despite seeing a huge drop in minutes from his days in Detroit, he's putting up the best rebounding numbers of his career. 5.5 is a career high despite just 25 minutes a night. that's also good for these career highs:
7.7 per 36 minutes
10.7 per 100 possessions
11.7% rebounding percentage

Given the difficult situation the Celtics had to deal with the cap after Gordon signed, I'm glad that we got Mook for Avery.

Avery Bradley became a journeyman, and seems to just be average these days

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 09:15:02 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Morris has seemed to have settled in to the Celtics culture.Morris is just turning the corner to game shape and health,Smart had a 11 game rest and now jaylen
All nice rests coming into playoff time.
Back to the ability of Brad and his players.There is something special about Brad that makes players responsive to HIS style .There was a statement about Morris and low efficiency. that seems to be taking a turn up and his three point shooting seems fine.As to ball stopping, the 2nd team needs a creator which turns his ball stopping into a plus.

He is not to old to up his game a notch or two.He gets to play with Kyrie and Horford and has a brace of hustling youths to motivate his game and that need him.This is just one of those win win situations of culture,coaching ,front office ,history ,fans and young talent that works hard on both sides of ball.
I see Brads style as liberating for certain players ,because he says play your game the players don't feel restricted and moderate their game voluntarily which makes them more efficient
Avery upped his game,turner upped his game, Isaiah had a historic season.
The team culture eventually seeps in and its not talk it but do it.

Morris was sanEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ged in Phoenix and Detroit was in disarray. I can't judge what Morris can be but the last game showed what he can do for the 2nd team

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 10:05:07 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Morris has seemed to have settled in to the Celtics culture.Morris is just turning the corner to game shape and health,Smart had a 11 game rest and now jaylen
All nice rests coming into playoff time.
Back to the ability of Brad and his players.There is something special about Brad that makes players responsive to HIS style .There was a statement about Morris and low efficiency. that seems to be taking a turn up and his three point shooting seems fine.As to ball stopping, the 2nd team needs a creator which turns his ball stopping into a plus.

He is not to old to up his game a notch or two.He gets to play with Kyrie and Horford and has a brace of hustling youths to motivate his game and that need him.This is just one of those win win situations of culture,coaching ,front office ,history ,fans and young talent that works hard on both sides of ball.
I see Brads style as liberating for certain players ,because he says play your game the players don't feel restricted and moderate their game voluntarily which makes them more efficient
Avery upped his game,turner upped his game, Isaiah had a historic season.
The team culture eventually seeps in and its not talk it but do it.

Morris was san****ged in Phoenix and Detroit was in disarray
. I can't judge what Morris can be but the last game showed what he can do for the 2nd team

This week without Jaylen is going to be a really important stretch for Morris, it's easy to forget that when we made the Avery Bradley trade nobody thought Jayson Tatum would have a chance to start over Mook. It'll be interesting how Mook the starter will translate after his long road back.

Morris was just coming off a successful season as a starter for Detroit, where is elevated play had finally brought him from nearly out of the league to back on par with his brother. He just naturally seemed like the new Jae Crowder providing spacing and defensive versatility next to Kyrie, Jaylen, Hayward, and Horford.

Of course then Tatum happened, having one of the strongest starts to a Rookie's career in recent memory and Morris' lost off-season really caught up with him, out of shape and needing to acclimate from behind schedule.

I agree that things have settled down, Morris seems healthier and fits like a glove with the new bench mob anchored by his old teammate Greg Monroe. That unit is mean and seems like it'll be able to match up well against Toronto's nasty second unit which could be the key to that series either way.

P.S. Lol that Sand bagged gets censored by the language filter.