Author Topic: List of possible buyout candidates?  (Read 8280 times)

Re: List of possible buyout candidates?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
What about Kenny Thomas? Very solid veteran rebounder...i believe is better player then Sheldon Williams and is waived by Kings
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

Re: List of possible buyout canidates?
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
This is a be careful what you wish for scenario. I don't think we're going to add anyone that we'll get playing time over our top 8 or 9 players. As such, I'm hoping no one gets bought-out... there's always a risk of some other team filling some holes with them. Our problem is not really with our role players, but with our starters. As a team we're well rounded, we just need to start playing better. If someone gets bought-out that we covet, we also have to get them, and that's not a certainty.

the "8/9 man" rotation point is deceptive IMO.

I agree that you tighten up your rotation in the playoffs and that makes it seem like you don't need other pieces if you feel pretty good about those 8 or 9 players, but this observation doesn't take into consideration match-ups.

Sometimes who is in your 8/9 man rotation can change series to series depending on who you are playing.

For instance, if we were able to pick up a long athletic wing, he might get more PT in an ATL series than a CLE series not because he is a better player than Baby or TA but he just is a better matchup....

IMO in the playoffs you need options.

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
options help - personally you can never have enough post defenders or shooting ...

But the starters do play more in the playoffs ... so that covers up some of the bench considerations.  if team A and team B are of equal performance and team A is less starter oriented, I'd pick team B to be more successful in the playoffs.

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Would like to add a good rebounding big man in case an injury or suspension creeps up. Like both Gooden or Thomas here.

I'm surprised no one has brought up Bowen. He has championship experience, is a savvy defender, and can hit the corner three (open shots is something whe would probably get with regularity on our team). Of course he's lost a step or two and is no longer the lockdown defender he used to be, but our help style team defense which is insistent on proper rotation would be a perfect fit. He would be a great locker room guy (like PJ in 08), has fresh legs (like PJ in 08), and Doc will probably trust him more than TA (like Doc did with PJ over BBD in 08).

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I like Hughes and Thomas/Gooden.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 04:17:55 PM »

Offline BostonBurbs

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
What about Z?

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
What about Z?

They say Atlanta if its not the Cavs, but I can't help thinking that he probably would be an excellent fit in Toronto.

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »

Offline Norcalceltic

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
I like Hughes and Thomas/Gooden.

I like Hughes also, but I don't know if Pierce would like that too much. I think Hughes used to be involved "romantically" with Paul's current wife. Akward.

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 10:00:51 AM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
After the Nets loss we need to look harder at buyout candidates. One of the qualifications needs to be someone who just wants to win - willing to do whatever the team needs.

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 10:13:30 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
The buyouts have been disappointing so far. No clear rotation caliber players outside of Big Z.

It doesn't look like Raja Bell or Bobby Simmons are going to be bought out either.

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 06:49:05 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
What about Kenny Thomas? Very solid veteran rebounder...i believe is better player then Sheldon Williams and is waived by Kings

I'd think about adding Kenny Thomas.  Solid rebounder, good touch around the rim despite his size. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
If Bobby Simmons is not waived it can only be because he thinks no team would sign him and doesn't want to give up any money. The guy has no reason to play for NJ...