Author Topic: Trade for Oden! ... lol... not really...  (Read 4539 times)

Trade for Oden! ... lol... not really...
« on: October 31, 2008, 02:16:16 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My friend in Portland was telling me a ton of Blazer fans are really fed up and disappointed with the Greg Oden thing.  They have been calling up the local sports radio shows and saying "just trade him and cut our losses" ... I thought that was sorta funny.   Apparently they think they are cursed.

But it got me to thinking.

I'm just curious how you guys look at it... what your perception is. 

Obviously there is NO WAY this would ever happen, but hypothetically lets say you are in charge of the Celtics right at this very moment and lets say the Blazers called you right now and said, "The heck with it.  He's a gimp.  We just want a big defensive center... we'll give you Oden for Perk straight up.  Deal or no deal?"... would you pull the trigger?

I think there is an obvious answer to this question, but I'm curious nonetheless.  I mean... last year someone made the argument that he'd rather have Perk for this current team than Hakeem in his prime ... sooo...     

Re: Trade for Oden! ... lol... not really...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 02:33:56 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
My friend in Portland was telling me a ton of Blazer fans are really fed up and disappointed with the Greg Oden thing.  They have been calling up the local sports radio shows and saying "just trade him and cut our losses" ... I thought that was sorta funny.   Apparently they think they are cursed.

Obviously there is NO WAY this would ever happen, but hypothetically lets say you are in charge of the Celtics right at this very moment and lets say the Blazers called you right now and said, "The heck with it.  He's a gimp.  We just want a big defensive center... we'll give you Oden for Perk straight up.  Deal or no deal?"... would you pull the trigger?

I think there is an obvious answer to this question, but I'm curious nonetheless.  I mean... last year someone made the argument that he'd rather have Perk for this current team than Hakeem in his prime ... sooo...     

In a second.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:06:22 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Can I wait 2-4 weeks?

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:30:18 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Can I wait 2-4 weeks?

Nope... you're in charge today and it's a one time offer.  Hence the risk.  WHo knows when he'll be able to contribute and the "window" for our titles is supposedly pretty small.  Do you do it?  :)

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 06:12:00 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
I love Perk, but...I would take Oden

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 07:36:38 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

No Oden Is a bust. And who would not want Hakeem The DREAM, over perk???  WHAT you have got to be kidding. I mean Come On. ??? ::)

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If we had Hakkem in his prime With KG RR PP and rondo, We win about 79 to 80 Games. No really we would.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 07:47:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Without a second thought. Perk would be headed out West before I hung up the phone with Kevin Pritchard.

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 08:01:35 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

No Oden Is a bust. And who would not want Hakeem The DREAM, over perk???  WHAT you have got to be kidding. I mean Come On. ??? ::)

a bust after 12 minutes at the age of 20. tough crowd round here.  ::)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 08:14:57 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I'd do it before he can finish the offer.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

No Oden Is a bust.
And who would not want Hakeem The DREAM, over perk???  WHAT you have got to be kidding. I mean Come On. ??? ::)

Rush to judgment, just a bit?

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
In a heartbeat.

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:39 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Without thinking twice, and if they're willing to do that, we'll take Brandon Roy too.

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 01:59:49 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Just before i.....Hi greg welcome to boston.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 02:06:16 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

If we had Hakkem in his prime With KG RR PP and rondo, We win about 79 to 80 Games. No really we would.

Let's bring back Larry as well.
Then we'd be 98 and 0 for the
entire season.