Author Topic: Rumor: trade in the horizon?  (Read 23077 times)

Rumor: trade in the horizon?
« on: October 18, 2008, 08:31:30 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I don't have any "sources" at the local deli...what I do have is a television.

At about 1am on CSN last night, (not sure if it was a repeat, but probably) Tanguay hinted that Pruitt and Baby might be traded for an offensively inept, banging back up to Perk...He mentioned that OBryant would stick around but "isn't that guy" to be physical on the block that we need...

Anyone else see this or hear anyone similar?  Who might this be?

God bless and good night!

Re: Rumor: trade in the horizon?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 08:43:51 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
What's in a rumor? I can't see a trade myself.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:55:03 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
He also said (Marshall) you never trade a big for a small as a rule of thumb,but you never know.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 09:11:08 AM »

Offline Locomotive Breath

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Just can't imagine what you would get for Big Baby and Pruitt , just don't see other teams agreeing to a trade for those two, what the Celts would get doesn't seem too great. I like them both but really haven't proven anything yet and not great trade bait.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 10:06:27 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
with their salaries combined you're talking a low-paid player...so i can't imagine anyone coming back that would be any good.

the more i watch big baby play, the less i'm impressed.  i think he's as good as he'll get so long as his weight remains the same.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 10:17:20 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Offensively inept banging backup sounds like Reggie Evans to me and there's no way Philly gives him up.  He's a perfect backup to Brand and Dalembert.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
What if they added Scals with BBD and GP? Scal contract will be expiring next year and is a good size contract and there is also a lot of big name going to free agencie next year. Every penny you have to spend will count.
So would it be to early for his contract to be of value?
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Darn it, if we only had enough in assets to get Jerome James it could be him!  ::)

Actually the only big I think works in the scenario "offensively inept, banging back up to Perk" who has a salary that could work and who isn't on a rookie contract (I just don't see them trading rookie contracts for rookie contracts) would be Adonal Foyle, but since he just signed a contract with Orlando in August he can't be traded yet.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Baby, Pruitt, Giddens and Scal for Darko. He's the only big guy with any defensive skill who is worthwhile, available and from a team where the logic of this trade makes any sense (i.e. western conference, rebuilding and cost cutting), not to mention Chris Wallace. I know folks have shot this down from Memphis' side but i think taking a chance on these three kids all at positions of need makes much more sense than paying Milicic for another two years to sit behind Marc Gasol.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Even great GMs like Danny miss opportunities, but imagine if Danny had drafted Marc Gasol last year instead of Pruitt. Fesenko too.

This year it might have been DeAndre Jordan, who's got to be tougher than O'Bryant.

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 10:48:42 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Steven Hunter? Jackie Butler?
Not that I think any are great shakes -- but what can we really get for Pruitt and BBD?  Answer: not much.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 10:51:01 AM »

Offline Zoots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Moving Pruitt, Baby (and Scal if necessary) is sensible to me.  I think we a more physical tall big to back up Perk, and POB isn't the guy.

Who knows who they might be targeting, but a move like this would not surprise me at all (though I'd miss following Gabe's development).

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 10:55:14 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
Kyrylo Fesenko, available when both Pruitt and Baby were drafted last year. 7'1", 300lbs:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281012022

"Fesenko's 10-point, 10-rebound performance in Sunday's preseason victory over Portland earned him praise from his Utah teammates and coach Jerry Sloan, the Deseret News reports.
Spin: Fesenko's conditioning came into question upon entering training camp, but we saw an active player working the boards hard on Sunday. "He was more active, played within himself. ... He did a great job," point guard Deron Williams said. Fesenko had seven offensive rebounds and chipped in three assists in 21 minutes. "That's the best I've ever seen him play since he's been alive," Sloan told the Salt Lake Tribune and described the double-double as "kind of a shock."

[Recent News] RotoWire | Mon, October 13
Utah coach Jerry Sloan said Fesenko needs to improve his conditioning, the Salt Lake Tribune reports.
Spin: Sloan said Fesenko has yet to "realize the importance of being in great shape, because when you aren't in great shape, you have a tendency to always be behind, whether it's offensively or defensively or reacting, and those things really hurt you." The Jazz would like to develop one of their young centers -- Fesenko or Kosta Koufos -- but aren't in the position of giving either one a long look this season.

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 10:58:19 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
Marc Gasol, also available when Pruitt was drafted. 7'1", 265 lbs:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281017011

Oh well, this guy really transformed himself from a Pudge last year, which not many people expected.

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
DeAndre Jordan, available when Giddens was drafted:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281015023