Author Topic: Adam Morrison  (Read 14020 times)

Re: Adam Morrison
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 03:32:35 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Morrison should focus on his shooting. He'll improve his accuracy by developing his shot-selection, like most college good shooters do. Kyle Korver is not very good on everything else and he plays a very important role in a very good team. Ditto for House.

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »

Offline RickyD Fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Actually, if the trade was Scal and BBD for Morrison AND a 1st rounder, I would do it. We could use a few more talented youngsters on the roster, and a low first rounder might do it for us. I like that idea, especially if it clears cap room.

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 04:07:56 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Actually, if the trade was Scal and BBD for Morrison AND a 1st rounder, I would do it. We could use a few more talented youngsters on the roster, and a low first rounder might do it for us. I like that idea, especially if it clears cap room.

Well duh you'd do that deal.  You could dump Morrison at the end of the year and you end up with a lottery pick.  However the Bobcats would never do that. 

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 04:36:48 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

I'll back you for sure on the idea that desire is a big part of playing defense, and I'll agree that Morrison has some of the trait in general.  But I'm not sure how much it manifests itself on the defensive end, and there also comes a point at which the athleticism comes into play, and I think he might be a bit too far lacking for someone who strikes me as though the desire is there offensively but not as much on D.  He can't afford that.

-sw
He's only played one year in the league, I think that the defense will come.  A lot of guys come into the league and don't play D.  He understands spacing, and tempo, its not like hes ignorant to the game (i.e. Gerald) so I think that he'll be a fine team defender.  Look at Acie Law, he had a bad rookie year, and pretty much all of it is being placed on confidence and not being able to go from a star to a role player.  I think Acie Law will be great this year after figuring out how and when to score in the NBA.  I think the same of Adam Morrison.

I've made the concession several times that the guy has only played a year in the league and that it's too early for judgments quite as definitive as mine sound.  But unlike Law, Morrison has already had a season-long injury.  Also unlike Law, I'm not sure that he has any of the physical skills needed defensively.  As I've written previously, he lacks the speed to guard the three and the strength to guard the four, and I'm not sure why we have reason to believe those things will change any time soon.  His defensive intensity could use some improvement, too, but if that's the only one of those three issues that changes, he's still going to have a lot of trouble at that end.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 04:52:48 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Its also a rumor that Morrison is still big into chew and smoking on a regular basis.  And yes I know I'm sure 85% of the league smokes but thats not what I want on my team if that is true. 

Well if 85% of the players n the league smoke, wouldn't it stand to reason that you already have some of them on the Celtics?

As for Morrison, Hell I didn't even know he was still in the league. I mean, I'd trade Scal for him, but I'd trade Scal for Cousy.

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 04:59:24 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Is this thread for real ???

How can anyone who actually wants to improve the C's roster seriously propose adding Adam Morrison to it?

"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2008, 05:09:15 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
what's up with his appearance anyway.. he is trying to look like jim morrison or something?

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 10:08:45 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
to my knowledge, adam morrison isn't into handguns and 3 a.m. excursions to t!tty bars with a posse...i think there's something to be said about that as well, considering the state of professional athletes these days...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 12:14:28 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
How about that my most successful post yet! 3 pages and made the front page today! Thanks for reading guys hope I can have some more successful post.. Thanks again for reading guys!

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The Celts don't need him, but I think he'll turn out to be a pretty good 6th man eventually.  His shooting percentages will greatly improve, and he can put up points in a hurry when he's on.  He'll never live up to his draft status, but why do people give players such as Pruitt, Baby, and O'Bryant so much time to improve but assume Morrison has reached his potential after one year?  He'll improve.

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The Celts don't need him, but I think he'll turn out to be a pretty good 6th man eventually.  His shooting percentages will greatly improve, and he can put up points in a hurry when he's on.  He'll never live up to his draft status, but why do people give players such as Pruitt, Baby, and O'Bryant so much time to improve but assume Morrison has reached his potential after one year?  He'll improve.

Because of his draft position and media hype coming out of college. It has raised expectations to an unfair level for a guy who was probably more accurately ranked and drafted in the 20's or lower. Believe it or not, there were some out there who were doing the 'what if he is the next Larry Bird' line for a while. ::)

Draft position is also part of the reason POB was getting bashed when we first signed him. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 02:07:27 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
to my knowledge, adam morrison isn't into handguns and 3 a.m. excursions to t!tty bars with a posse...i think there's something to be said about that as well, considering the state of professional athletes these days...

If that's all it took to play professional basketball, this guy would be a lock!
However he lacks athleticism, ability to play defense, passing ability, etc. etc.
Let's look for guys that can actually improve our team.
The only use for Morrison would be if his contract expires sooner than scalabrine's.

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 02:24:07 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Its also a rumor that Morrison is still big into chew and smoking on a regular basis.  And yes I know I'm sure 85% of the league smokes but thats not what I want on my team if that is true. 

Well if 85% of the players n the league smoke, wouldn't it stand to reason that you already have some of them on the Celtics?

As for Morrison, Hell I didn't even know he was still in the league. I mean, I'd trade Scal for him, but I'd trade Scal for Cousy.

I agree some Celtics I'm sure do but it isn't know to the public which players do so at least they're smart about keeping it a secert.  Not so much smart for doing it but you get the point I'm trying to make.     

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 08:28:55 AM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Morrison is a bigger bust than Darko IMO. At least Darko can block a shot, Morrison doesn't play defense and can't create his own shot. I am all set, I had more faith in Miles than in Morrison
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 08:40:33 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I expect Morrison to be out of the league the moment his rookie deal ends, like Bryce Drew.